Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 21, 2000
I "ran" into this CD by accident on my regular visit to the music store. One of the only resons I actually bought it was because of track 14 - Preciosa, one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard, especially if you are Boricua. I've seen Marc parforming 4 times, including the Oh so famous HBO show that aired few months ago. I'm so proud of him! He is so talented ... I've been fan of his work for years and not because of this Latin boom thing, but because of the extraordinary person he is. The only bad comment about this CD is that I'm very angry at the fact that some songs were cut off before their normal end, they don't have the normal time and they don't end like that in the other CDs and I think that kind of spoils the whole song, 'cause his endings are usually one of the best parts. I still love the CD especially 'cause I've been trying to find ANY CD that would have "Preciosa" sang by Marc. I wish him all the best in his career (I'm absolutely positive it will be a LONG one) ... and congratulate him on being such a great example for the Spanish/Latin community. I LOVE YOU MARC!
on November 14, 1999
As an avid fan of Marc Anthony, I was determined to get this greatest hits cd and(Eventhough I own all 3 salsa albums plus the 2 copies of the English one) so I did the very morning it was released. Of course if it were possible, it should have had many, many, many more songs than the ones on the cd because he has had so many hits, and I'm positive he'll have many more...especially with the newly released English album. But anyway, I'm also glad they included his duet with La India(Vivir lo nuestro), and his great interpretation of Rafael Hernandez'(Preciosa) because both songs are hits. What a great cd, and the pics from when he started 6 years ago till now, plus the poster make it an even better buy. I'm so proud of Marc for being the most talented salsero in the history of salsa and for making us boricuas proud. He is a great singer and is a hit in any language - proving it in his wonderful English album.....what a great album.
To the "King of Salsa": I'm sure this is just the beginning of a greatest hits album because you'll have so many more in the future.
A loyal fan always, te quiero Marco!
on November 20, 1999
This album is perhaps the most incredible buy I have ever seen on Amazon, considering all that you are getting for so little. All of Marc's most recent hits are on here. This is easily a $50 value. The non-Spanish speaking world is just finding out what the Latin world has known for a decade. Marc's voice is legendary, a man gifted with a fine vocal instrument and the prefect mix of interpretation and emotion that makes him stand out above the rest. The last singer to come out of New York with this level of talent would be Streisand. And this is no exaggeration. If you like great world-class singers, I guarantee you'll love it, even if you are a non-Latino like me. When 'Preciosa' came out, I realized in a second that it was an instant classic, and a wonderful gift to the people of Puerto Rico as well.
on December 4, 1999
And to think I came across this CD by accident! I have been a fan of Marc from day one and although I have all the CDs that contain all of these songs I still bought this one. Why? Because it contains what I consider all of his best tunes in one place. Once in my CD player this one rarely is ejected. For those of you not familiar with Marc's music - I feel sorry for you because you don't know what you are missing. If you only can afford to buy one of Marc's CDs -- this is the one! Enjoy...
on August 12, 2000
I've listened to this CD probably forty or fifty times, even carrying it to the hospital to soothe me after major surgery. His voice transports me, and it's impossible not to love, just a little, anyone who obviously knows he has a musical gift and simply enjoys sharing it with the world. He stands head and shoulders above Ricky Martin, Enrico, et al. I'm pushing 50 (hard), and his is one of the great voices I've been privileged to listen to. His phrasing and passion, as well as his basic vocal skills (range, tone, etc.) are in a league with (dare I say it?) Sinatra. I think he is destined for a long, even more successful international career. I've bought almost all his albums now, and I speak only about three words of Spanish. (Now, if I could just find a source for his lyrics in both Spanish and English, I'd be truly delighted.) To show the depth of my admiration for him, his music has inspired me to learn Spanish. I can't say enough good things about this album. Absolutely superb.
VINE VOICEon July 30, 2000
This was the first Marc Anthony CD I ever bought. Everyone I know has been urgin me to add Mr. Anthony to my collection and now I know why. I was hooked on those samples when I listened to him online and I also saw his concert on HBO. Not only does he have a wonderful stage presence but his voice combines expression with passion and strength. Every single cut is like peeling back new layers of emotion and discovering that Marc is not only serious about his music but has a real talent for making others "feel" him as well. Whether he's singing his romantic and heartfelt duets with Jennifer Lopez (No Me Amas) and India (Vivir Lo Nuestro) or singing a ballad to all about the beauty of Puerto Rico and his pride as a Boricua (Preciosa) I felt like I was in the same room with him, being honored with a glimpse into the soul of this wonderful artist. Not only can he make you feel soulful, but the crunchy, catchy and kicky salsa numbers paractically catapult you out of your seat and transfix you into the rhythm....
on March 15, 2000
Owning every CD by Marc Anthony, I have to say that Desde Un Principio is the most convenient collection of some of his best. Hasta Ayer, Contra La Corriente, Te Conozco Bien, and the powerful duet with India, Vivir Lo Nuestro are some of my favorites. No Me Ames is a beautiful song with the exception of Jennifer Lopez' weak performance, she can't hold his voice like India can. I suggest everyone buy this CD, along with the rest of Marc Anthony's Breathtaking albums.
on August 5, 2000
With a voice of an angel, Marc Anthony has clearly left his mark as one of Latin music's greatest and talented performers. Being bilingual gave him an advantage many singers today now lack, however the fact that Mark mastered Spanish so perfectly (He was born and raised in New York City) only demonstrates his prominence as one of the industry's most talented rising stars.
In this greatest hits collection, Mark dazzles his listeners with his gifted voice. Almost sounding like a Latin version of Frank Sinatra, Mark's vocals are far more amazing than Ricky Martin or Enrique Iglesias. Songs like "Nadie Como Ella" and "Si Tu No Te Fueras" show that Mark is a living legend when it comes to Salsa music. His singing, in addition to those songs beautiful rhythms place him a category that only Salsa master belong in.
His duet with the "Princess of Salsa," La India, is an incredible duet by two of salsa's youngest talents. India rocks the house as she always does whenever she performs with Mark, and this is my all time favorite collaboration by both artists. "Contra la Corriente," is another moving song, showcasing Mark's stirring vocals whenever he sings a ballad. Unlike many stars whose voice often cracks whenever they are singing (e.g. Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin, Julio Iglesias, Jr., etc...), Mark's vocals are smooth and mesmerizing.
The other tracks on this album are great, with the exception of "No Te Ames." Don't get me wrong about this song. Mark is awesome as usual, but the song could have done without Jennifer Lopez's horrible voice. A dancer should stick to dancing, not singing (hasn't the music industry learned their lesson with Paula Abdul?).
Overall, this collection is Mark's first venture into a greatest hits album. I expect him to come out with many more albums similar to this in the future, for he truly deserves his success and fame. I can't wait to see a box collection of his songs sometime in my lifetime. If you are one of Mark Anthony's greatest fans, try the album "Antifaz" by his wife, former Miss Universe Dayanara Torres. Now that she's expecting, I can rest assure that their child will be as gifted as they are.
on June 10, 2003
i am impressed witht the collection of songs of Marc Antony however the songs do not include the ad lib versions as included on his other cds. They seem to cut the song off just when the real dancing part comes into play. I was very disappointed with that. The sound quality was awesome. I would recommend this CD but with a caveate that one would find that the fading of the tracks cuts off some of the best of each song.
on February 7, 2000
This is a wonderful CD. It combines many of Marc Anthony's greatest songs compiled from his "Otra Nota" cd,"Todo a su tiempo," and more. If you want a great variety and love salsa, invest in this cd. You won't regret it.