From the Back Cover
Across a wide range of fields—from industrial engineering to business and statistics—Douglas Montgomery’s Design and Analysis of Experiments has been a foundational work for students and professionals needing to design, conduct, and analyze experiments for optimizing performance in products and processes.
Like its bestselling predecessors, the Seventh Edition shows you how to use statistically designed experiments to:
- Obtain information for characterization and optimization of systems
- Improve manufacturing processes
- Design and develop new processes and products
- Evaluate material alternatives in product design
- Improve the field performance, reliability, and manufacturing aspects of products
- Learn how to conduct experiments effectively and efficiently
Placing a strong focus on the use of the computer, the new edition makes much more use of optimal designs and includes even more software examples than before, taken from the three most dominant programs in the field: Minitab, Design-Expert V7, and JMP. You’ll also find additional material discussing the latest developments in robust design and factorial designs along with fresh examples and exercises that illustrate the use of designed experiments in service and transactional organizations.