"students will continue to find this book useful as a reference text long after the course they bought it for has finished." (Quality & Reliability Engineering International, , March/April 2002)
--This text refers to an alternate
From the Back Cover
Learn how to achieve optimal experimentation
Edition after edition, Douglas Montgomery has provided statisticians, engineers, scientists, and managers with the most effective approach for learning how to design, conduct, and analyze experiments that optimize performance in products and processes. Now in this Sixth Edition, Montgomery has enhanced his best-selling text with timely new examples, expanded material on follow-up experimentation following a fractional factorial, and more coverage of split-plot designs.
You’ll learn how to use statistically designed experiments to:
- Obtain information for characterization and optimization of systems
- Improve manufacturing processes
- Design and develop new processes and products
- Evaluate material alternatives in product design
- Improve the field performance, reliability, and manufacturing aspects of products
- Learn how to conduct experiments effectively and efficiently
The book also illustrates two of today’s most powerful software tools for experimental design: Design-Expert® and Minitab®. Throughout the book, you’ll find output from these two programs, along with detailed discussion on how computers are currently used in the analysis and design of experiments. Data sets, supplemental materials, and sample projects are available online at www.wiley.com/college/montgomery.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.