Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on June 19, 2009
"I loved this beater when I first got it...used it for everything. But when making cookies (not a large batch, not a stiff dough) it cracked right up the middle seam! I had owned it too long to get a replacement or full refund, even though Amazon is very good about returns. So sad.

UPDATE: I called the company and they sent me a brand new one! There is no seam that runs up the middle anymore, so I have high hopes for this one's longevity."

UPDATE 2: I see now that not everyone saw my update to the initial review...Amazon does not allow more than one review per item.
I could not have asked for a better response from the manufacturer! I LOVE, LOVE this beater! A time and aggravation saver. And I bake a lot. Thank goodness I have a skinny husband to do most of the eating!
1313 comments93 of 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2009
You will NOT be dissapointed in this product. My blad broke as well (similar to what other people are saying on here), I emailed the company about it and had a response in 10 minutes. The head of the company called me the next day and apologized and they sent me a new blade for free in two days. They were well aware of the issue and have now fixed it to make the neck stronger so it will not break. I've been using my new one for months with nothing but happiness! I even bought another one so I have two when I'm making more than one product in a day. I cant say enough good things about the product and about the company! It's worth every penny...
on March 29, 2009
Bought this for my wife for her birthday. She thinks it is great. Saves her a lot of time. I was a little surprised that it is made out of clear plastic - probably Lexan as it is quite tough. She has used it mostly for cookie dough and hasn't had a problem. I am glad I got this for her. We have a KitchenAide K5SS mixer that is almost 23 years old. We have owned the New Metro Design beater blade almost a month.
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2008
Beater is excellent - makes using the Kitchenaid faster and easier - no stopping and scraping the sides. The beater blade does it for you.
on January 12, 2010
it's great but, not sure if it is sturdy enough. It is made out of strong plastic. Also, I noticed that it can only handle 1 cookie recipe at a time. I normally like to double my recipes, but the mixture kept rise up to the top edge of the mixing bowl.
on February 19, 2010
When I received this beater in the mail, I was shocked that it was just made of plastic given the price point. Then I used it to beat butter, and it was glorious. My original beater just smashed butter against the side of the bowl. This beater leaves a pile of beautifully whipped butter in the bottom of the bowl. However, after incorporating dry ingredients, I *always* have a ridge of creamed butter and sugar that collects in the crease where the scraped emerges from the blade that hasn't been incorporated. Personally, I would much rather scrape the bowl occasionally than have to take off the beater, scrape it, and then reattach to continue mixing.
on November 22, 2009
I've been using this for the last 11 months, at least once a week and sometimes, 3 times a day. It is indispensable for beating my gluten-free batters, which need to be whipped on high for several minutes at a time in some cases, and are often sticky and difficult. My cupcakes are light and my pizza dough spreads easily (which doesn't always happen with GF!) I'm putting it on my wish list for xmas so I can have a spare.
on June 26, 2012
I just got this, hoping to replace my main metal mixer in my KitchenAid. This will not work. It scrapes the bottom of the bowl, not the sides. It is very lightweight plastic and not sturdy at all. I fear the first time I make a thick cookie batter this will just snap, like other reviews have said. Do not buy this one, there are better ones for $10 more, and well worth the extra money.
on January 15, 2011
I love love love this product! The only thing you need to be careful is not to over mix your batters. Because it does such a great job and getting all the stuff off the bottom, it mixes much quicker than before. I have already recommended it to all of the bakers I know. Look for it in colors because there was a significant price difference between the clear and the pink. I bought the pink because it was about 1/2 price compared to the others.
on July 4, 2011
Loved this beater. Note the past tense. After 9 months of moderate usage, the beater split in two while I was mixing cookie dough. Went back to my original Kitchenaid flat beater.