Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on November 19, 2011
I absolutely loved this blade! It worked far better than the sandard blade and scraped the sides of my Kitchenaid bowl perfectly. However, after about 8 months of use on a weekly basis, it broke at the base. If it were made of metal I think it would have faired much better. I really loved this blade but am hesitant to order another out of fear that the same thing will happen.... I submitted a picture above showing how the blade ended up.
review image
44 comments| 159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2008
I've had a 6 quart Kitchen Aid for two years now and one of the biggest problem is their poor blade design that doesn't get nearly enough of the batter. I can't believe how well this beater blade fixes the problem - where has it been? I love it! It gets into every single spot, cuts down on beating time (mostly time spent scraping the bowl with a spatula). This is a must have for anyone with a Kitchen Aid Mixer!
33 comments| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2009
I purchased the KA-5L and used it happily for about a month; right up until I made stiff cookie dough. It snapped right off. I will get another one because they are so cool but I will not use them for stiff dough like bread or cookies. Why don't they make this from the metal like the other beaters?
22 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2011
This beater blade is made from plastic. It works as stated, but just with making simple cake batters and batches of buttercreme, I've now gone through two of these beaters in the last 12 months. The plastic just doesn't hold up like the metal kitchenaid beaters do. KitchenAid FINALLY came out with a beater that has a scraper edge, and now that my second of these plastic ones have broken, I'm going to go spend a little more and get a KitchenAid one that will last. Good concept, I've been grateful for the this beater blade for the last couple years of my home bakery business, but now that KitchenAid has finally wisened up, I'm moving on. The cost for the metal blade is not TOO much more, so instead of looking at getting another plastic one and planning to replace it in 6 months again, I'm getting the metal KitchenAid version.

EDIT: I've now been using the KitchenAid version since my second New Metro beater broke, and honestly, I haven't liked it as much as the New Metro version. I don't like that KitchenAid's only has a blade on one side. I feel like I'm still stopping to scrape the bowl a lot, and it has the same issue of the regular KitchenAid beaters in that it doesn't reach the bottom of the bowl. I just called New Metro after seeing their post below that said to call them and they would replace my broken beater blade. So they are sending me out a new one, and I am one happy baker!
22 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2013
Purchased a replacement mixer and bought the Kitchenaid Professional 6000 HD and best mixer we have owned, hands down. Bought all the attachments for making sausage, pasta, juicing, etc, etc. All have proven to be trouble free thus far. We wanted a beater that would really get the mixed ingredients off the bowl sides and found this, it had great reviews, so we ordered. When received, installed it, turned on mixer and what a surprise! The beater binded on the bowl knocking it completely loose from the arm mount and lock point on the base locking up the motor!! Next, compared it to the factory beater and found it to be over 1" larger in diameter than the factory. No wonder it would not turn properly. This beater may work on many Kitchenaid mixers, but will NOT work on the new 6000 mixer, at least from our experience.
review image review image review image review image
44 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2012
this product does not fit all 6 qt Kitchenaid mixers. the web site should list the models that it was made for. the listing is on the package - no help till after you receive it. had to return because it was useless to us.
55 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2012
My husband bought this for his Mother for Christmas - she is a huge Kitchen Aid enthusiast and loves her mixer a great deal. Naturally, we thought this would be a great gift for our favorite baker. She was making cake batter this last Sunday and this paddle got twisted in her machine, caught on the bottom of the bowl and, by the time she shut it down, it stripped the gears on her 600 Professional model. Now, she'll have to get her machine repaired because of this defective plastic beater! I recommend that everyone stay away from this thing!
33 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I purchased the Beater Blade to use with my Viking 7-Qt. mixer; my primary use of that machine is making artisan breads.

I love my Viking mixer for bread making, but occasionally use it to make cookies which contain a high proportion of oatmeal. Thus, the dry ingredients are prone to gathering along the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl and require that I stop the mixer, lift the head and move the ingredients using a spatula. While that isn't exactly a Herculean task, it is annoying. However, due to a stubborn streak and a less than industrious attitude on the particular day, I tried scraping the side of the bowl while the mixer was down and moving - even though I know better. The result was a broken spatula - just as one would expect.

When I saw this Beater Blade, I thought it might solve the problem. Once you have adjusted the Beater Blade, it does an excellent job of clearing the sides and bottom of the bowl. If you mix a lot of cookie dough or batter-type foods, then this item is well worth the money you will spend for it. The Beater Blade doesn't generate heat like the metal beaters, and, as a result, shortenings do not melt during creaming. The final product is much less "soupy" than when making cookie doughs using a metal beater. However, if you use your mixer primarily for breads, as I do, then the the Beater Blade is probably something you can live without.

I rated this item four stars because its utility is questionable in relation to the cost. Further, I have some concern about the longevity of the blade itself and whether it will wear quickly or whether it will become brittle if washed in the dishwasher.
on January 28, 2012
I bought this based on reading an Amazon customer review that said this item did fit her KitchenAid 5-Plus mixer. Sadly, this does NOT fit my KitchenAid Professional 5-Plus mixer. Why does it fit hers and not mine, I don't know. The beater is too wide on top and has dented my bowl. It isn't wide enough towards the bottom, leaving a gap, so it doesn't scrape near the bottom of the bowl. I hope my findings help others not to make the same purchasing mistake that I did.
on January 9, 2013
PROS:

Cleans side of bowl while it mixes MUCH better than KitchenAid equivalent part that came w/the mixer. Says it's dishwasher safe.

CONS:

I have owned three and ALL of them have broken. I'm not mixing cement here, just breads, dough, etc. Had to toss everything I had worked on since little shards of plastic were mixed into the batter in the last batch.

I thought the first time around, maybe it's because I was mixing a hard dough with nuts in it. Second time around, maybe it's because I put this product - which is advertised as dishwasher safe - in the dishwasher and that somehow weakened it.

Third time around and about a dozen uses later it snapped, just like the first two.

Will NEVER buy from this brand again and cannot recommend.