Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Designer Inspired London Office Tote Ostrich Finish - Green
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 18, 2012
I am a big bag girl and I have been looking high and low for a Birkin style bag for months. I found several that had some of the attributes-shape, lock detail, short handle drop- but none of them were big enough or opened wide enough. I had almost given up when I found this bag, the "Designer Inspired London Office Tote". I looked at it over and over for about a month and read the reviews. It seemed like it might be The One so I ordered it and crossed my fingers. I got it today-WOW. First, I believe it is described as faux leather but it does not look it. The ostrich embossing looks genuine and it smells like leather. Second, IT IS BIG. The interior has a ton of room and a light fabric lining making things easy to see, deep zippered wall pocket and two patch pockets on the opposite side, one small and one larger. The small one is intended for your phone and my phone does fit but a smart phone might not. Still the larger patch pocket should hold one of the bigger phones. There is also a zippered pocket on the outside, an essential as far as I'm concerned. Finally it comes with a detachable shoulder/cross body strap so if you end up loading it with heavier items like a laptop, netbook or tablet you have that option.
One of the other reviews said it doesn't stand up by itself; it isn't structured or stiff but once your things are in it it doesn't collapse, at least not yet.
Having just received it I can't yet say how it will hold up but I am very pleased so far.
review image review image review image
1010 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2011
I can say that after receiving multiple handbags from different amazon companies, this is by far my favorite. The color of the bag is just gorgeous and the size is exactly what I was looking for. I have seen this bag and own one similar to this with a middle divider pocket and I was pleased when this one arrived and I noticed it was wide open on the inside. It makes it much easier to grab things out of and to put back in. The quality of the material is amazing and it has one of the best faux ostrich finishes I have seen available. Overall, you will not be disappointed for the price if you are looking for a great quality, large size handbag or work tote. I like big bags so I would use this everyday, but it could also carry work folders, a laptop, or books.
1313 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2011
I was very happy with this bag when it came today. It feels so nice and the ostrich finish is beautiful. It is on the larger side but works great for me because I love large bags! Overall great purchase and well worth the money.
on October 19, 2010
I am really happy with this purchase and it looks great, but if I had to say 2 bad things about it, it would be that is on the "big" side and could be made a little sturdier.

The bag does it's job, plenty of pockets inside and one on the outside, nice light stripped lining inside so you can see where everything is. It also comes with a longer strap. However it is bigger than I thought and so I will end up putting more "junk" in there than I would like. Also a little on the flimsy side. I like my bags to be harder on the outside so that is stands up on its own.

All in all 7 out of 10.
on January 10, 2012
The picture of the bag I ordered shows an off-white bag with soft-gray accents. The bag I received is dark gray, with even darker gray accents. It is okay, but does not look as classy or elegant as the picture. Also, as was mentioned by another reviewer, the bag definitely has a funky smell when it first arrives (I'm sure it is a chemical or preservative smell, rather than something foul). The smell seems to lessen fairly quickly. Also, as mentioned by another reviewer, the bag is really big. For me, that was just what I wanted. However, I should note that the bag does not look as nice as it does in the picture unless it is relatively full. Thus, if you don't have a lot to put in it, it kind of sags and looks pretty baggy.

Now that I've had this bag for a couple of weeks, I would say that I would recommend it, but only if you have plenty to put in it so that it is "filled-out." On the plus side, the quality of the product appears very high. The material is not at all flimsy, the stitching is solid, the liner is nice, the metal accents are heavy and do not look at all cheap, and the bag just has the feel of something that is well-made.

UPDATE: After keeping the bag for another couple of weeks, I decided to write an updated review. The size of this thing is much bigger than a purse, so even when using it as an office tote/purse combination, friends would good-naturedly kid me about my ginormous "carry-on luggage." Also, I just could never get the thing "packed" right to make it look as good as it did in the picture...it always looked kind of bottom-heavy and top-light, meaning that the top half sagged inward. So, I returned it. However, I still believe the bag itself is sturdy and well-made...just not a good fit with what I am needing.
44 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2011
Are ya'll crazy!? Yes, this bag is not a Hermes bag. Yes, it is not real leather. It's $70.00 what do you expect? I am so happy with this bag. It is everything I wanted. It is so cute and very stylish. I personally love big bags and this one does not disappoint. For the price the style and quailty is not disappointing.
on July 12, 2012
I love this bag!!!!!!!!!!!!
I purchased this bag for the summer, and will be using it into the fall.
I have been stopped several times inquiring about my bag.
I am VERY pleased with my purchase.
on December 14, 2011
Finally found the key for the lock--looked everywhere in the packaging. It's inside the bottom of the "tassle" & you have to kinda pry it open to get the key into the lock. Once you get the lock open you can pull on the purse to adjust the top opening, but then the locking area doesn't meet & you can't lock it so it looks tacky, & so it doesn't open @ the top as much as I'd like. Other than that it looks nice, is a soft ostrich-like material. I like the interior fabric as it makes it easier to find things. Unfortunately the cell phone pocket is too small for my phone, but I use it for 2 pens & mace, w/the phone in the other side pocket. So w/a few rather unimportant drawbacks I give it 4 stars.
on March 4, 2012
I have been asked so many times if this is "THE REAL THING" It certainly appears so visually. One tip for purchasers, when you go to the car wash, get some of the car scent leather and spritz it once a week really lightly LOL it works.
on October 19, 2011
This bag is so Beautiful and the color Navy is Stunning so hard to find a true Navy.. I do love large bags the Ostrich Finish is amazing and the price is Awesome, I have many Designer Bags I am Proud to wear this one! will order another bag in a different color,Looking at my bag now and cant take my eyes off of it LOVE IT!!!

See 1 answered question