Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM

on April 2, 2015
Where have you been all my life?!?! This light is like a superhero's sidekick. It is very powerful for it's size. It is compact and lightweight. It has a guard on the face, in case it tips. I use it outdoors to do gardening at night when I have zero free time during the day. Don't abuse it, and you'll be fighting crime with this sidekick for quite a while. It does heat up with extended use. Be forewarned. Remember, it is after all only a sidekick. Will it heat up hot enough to burn or start a fire if tipped against dry ignitable debris? I don't know. That's why I wouldn't abuse it with extended use of more than an hour or two. But that's just my opinion based on nighttime use for gardening and landscaping.
on March 10, 2013
Nice, durably constructed light. A little more tedious to assemble than I thought. No directions, but if you are handy enough to need one of these, you should not have a problem. Puts out a lot of light.
on May 25, 2010
This light was initially a 120v 300watt light I think. I purchaced 12v 100watt bulbs for it to use at a campground with a dimmer(all purchaced at Amazon) and it works great when I dont have a power hook up and no generator working. The 120v 300watt spread light all over the yard. Gets kind of hot at to be expected. I would definately buy again.
on January 3, 2012
This light appears to be pretty well made and I suspect it will last a good while. The wide angle is great for illuminating a broad area. There are two 250 watt bulbs. Light and switch are sealed and protected to be suitable for use in wet conditions. Very happy with purchase.
on May 9, 2014
Only used it for a couple days so far, but definitely satisfied. Construction seems pretty good and the light functions as expected. The increased angle that it lights up as compared to a "regular" single bulb design is pretty impressive. I had picked up a cheap regular one at Lowes while I was waiting for this to arrive, and much prefer this one now. Very useful for work in a room without having to constantly adjust your light.

It does come with 3 bulbs, so you have one spare to start with (and the little tube visible on the base crosspiece is made to store it, so you always have the spare with you).

Only caveat is the usual one with Halogen work lights- it does get very hot. Careful how you touch it after it's been on for a while (and you're going to want some airflow to keep a room from starting to heat up).

Overall if you want a simple halogen work llight, it's hard to beat this (or its brother with different wattage). Definitely superior to any I could find in local stores.
on January 27, 2016
Good amount of light, instructions a little confusing. Light has adjustments, but is very low to the ground and of course gets very hot. I will look if they sell a sturdy stand I can mount this to. I should have considered an LED light instead
on January 3, 2016
Great light. I bought this to mount to the side of my house. I spray painted it to blend in and then used a remote switch so I could have this as a work/security light to for my yard when I want to "light it up" beyond our decorative garden type lights. The "power light" signs make it look cheap but those are removable and just held with set screws from the back. There are indentations in the front from where they rested but those look better than the signs. It is great that it comes with a spare bulb, also the design allows this to through bright light almost 180 degrees. From the back of my house to the end of my property is easily 80 yards and this works well to light up all the way to the back and then some. This light gets extremely hot being halogen so plan for it, I would say the grill/cage is more to prevent burns/fire than to protect the lenses or bulbs. After just an hour the housing is hot. I suspect the handle is wrapped in foam to prevent burns more than for comfort.
on November 23, 2013
It was easy to put together. I like that it came with a spare bulb and even includes a slot for storage so I don't lose it. The light output is great for working on projects outside late at night.
on July 14, 2014
this light is a great one! just not for what I was planning on using it for. Im a drummer and I bought it for extra lighting in my drum room. I would recommend the led work light. I bought 2 from home depot, the brand is husky. back to this light...its a great one just know what youll be using it for.it does get hot but that's normal its halogen. it does give great amount of light. the light that comes out is a yellow white and not white like it is from the led one. overall great one! buy it!
on January 5, 2016
Very bright light.. I got this to light up my attic when I'm up there as it has no light of its own. When I first took this up, I had forgotten to attach the base.. so make sure you don't do that. It's very unwieldy without a tripod or the base to sit it atop.

The one thing I wish I had known was how delicate the halogen bulbs are. The instructions say to use gloves or a cloth so that you don't get the oils from your skin onto them. What happens if you do? I don't know. I imagine they explode so I was super careful with them.

There are also numerous warnings about how HOT this light gets. It wasn't hot enough to burn my skin (not that I touched the hot parts for long) but it was certainly hot enough that it had to be handled with the handle. It also heats up super quickly... I was a little nervous to set it down on my carpet or on any cardboard afterwards. I'm sure that's all standard with halogen bulbs but in retrospect I might've gone with a light that didn't use halogen bulbs as they might be overkill for my needs.

The instructions that came with mine seemed to be for a different model so here are my instructions:
1) unscrew the two face screws on the left and right sides.. they maybe look like they hold the glass in place, but they don't, so don't worry about the glass shifting
2) the grill works under pressure so squeeze it together in order to get its little feet between the glass and the outer shell
3) once in place, screw the two face screws back in and through the little clips on either side of the grill.. this should bend the clips so that they're flat against each other
4) there are two screws on the sides of the back that need to be removed to access the light fixture so undo them.. the two halves of the shell will come apart now.. the glass still says in place in the one half
5) install the bulbs as per the instructions.. you need to press pretty darn hard to get them into the tension mount so be super careful handling them... they didn't seem like they'd break too easily, but they are still just bulbs
6) there are 2 more screws on the back where the handlebar goes.. they're more towards the top, they're the only two spaced the same distance as the holes in the handlebar
7) use the provided screws to screw the mount to the bar on the bottom of the light fixture.. the screws should be pointed up so that the square just below the screw head goes into the square hole of the mount... and (I think) the washer should be positioned between the mount and the bar... so it's screw head, mount, washer, bar, nut.

Once assembled, the black lever on the side can be turned to loosen the bar so that you can adjust the tilt of the light.. then re-tighten to hold the light in place.

Overall, very nice light. I haven't used it for long or often yet. It's extremely bright and I like the little stand. Instructions are lacking but it wasn't too hard to figure out. Halogen bulbs seem to come with a lot of warnings so may be overkill for some people.