Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on September 15, 2014
There us no question that the author has a complete grasp of the design process and how people tend to think about and use the product at hand.

The downside for me is that it's like reading a college textbook (700+pages), and when I was halfway through it was difficult remembering what I read.

The "Framework" section was great and applied design and user experience in a very simple and smart way.
on February 7, 2011
I've been designing UI for years. I bought this book as a quick reference. For each step in the process, I'd like a refresher. For example, when it's time build personas, I need a reminder: What are the goals? What's a good persona?
This book wasn't usable for me -- in that it waxes on and on and on about each topic. Thorough, yes. But it doesn't get to the point fast enough. I have to search for the golden truths. I recommend Cooper's About Face. That book did a nice job helping me get on target fast. I suppose I was looking for the Strunk and White of UX. Instead, I got the Oxford Dictionary.