From the Back Cover
Designing for the iPad includes detailed, tried-and-tested methods of creating a sellable idea, sketching out an app, refining ideas, prototyping designs, and organizing a collaborative project as well as exclusive insider tips on how to market your app. Stevens also explores the new code libraries you can use to make exceptional apps, discusses interface design choices, and explains why the iPad is unlike any computer that has gone before.
- Five key iPad design philosophies explained
- Xcode for designers
- Why children make the best app testers
- Why the iPad is not a big iPhone – rethinking ergonomics
- Knowing when to use the stock UI (and when not to)
- Designing for multiple screen orientations
- Engineering games for the iPad
- Designing books and magazines
- Making educational apps for the iPad
- Marketing your app
- Using Cocos2D, Chipmunk physics, an other code libraries
- Implementing sound in an iPad app
- Going to war in the iPad Store and more…
Designing for the iPad focuses on practical steps, not vague suggestions. So, whether you’re managing a team designing iPad apps, a designer looking for advice, or a programmer who wants to understand the design process behind a globally iPad app, this book will guide you towards iPad success.