5.0 out of 5 stars terrific
My niece came to visit me over Thanksgiving and she had two coloring books that belonged to her mother (about 30 years ago!). They were designs by Ruth Heller. My daughter loved them and so did my nephew and son. I immediately got online and found more and ordered them for all four and they love them.
Published on January 9, 2007 by A. Rhoad

3.0 out of 5 stars Deja Vu anyone? Many too simplistic...
Published on October 21, 2002 by G. Jordan

3.0 out of 5 stars Deja Vu anyone? Many too simplistic..., October 21, 2002
This review is from: Designs for Coloring: Prisms (Paperback)
I know there are only so many things that can be done with a prism, but still...there are other designs that could be combined with prisms to add more interest, challenge and fun. Each page looked like a copy of the one before it, with maybe a new angle or a bigger set of triangles. In the back of the book, there are 3 of 4 very advanced designs that I wish had been made into a whole book of like designs. If you're just starting out and don't mind repeating the same "look", then you may like it. I gave my brand new one to a friend instead. I recommend Power Mandala's instead, for variety, complexity and challenging fun.

2.0 out of 5 stars this coloring book... i would say is a "no"..., November 27, 2006
This review is from: Designs for Coloring: Prisms (Paperback)
Yes, all the designs look like copies. To be more specific, take the design you see on the cover or an excerpt from the inside, and the shape, the outermost outline, is the same for every picture. Except maybe sometimes the 4 mini hexagons are triangles. Besides that, every picture is the same thing, with different triangles on the inside.

Overall, the quality and the designs aren't bad at all, the only bad thing is that they are SO REPETETIVE!

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific, January 9, 2007

4.0 out of 5 stars hours of frustrating pleasure, April 12, 2011
This review is from: Designs for Coloring: Prisms (Paperback)
There are designs here suitable for ages 5-70.

Be sure to print off as many copies as you can before using the paper itself, you will need them. I first bought this book five years ago, gave it away when I thought I was done and now am redressing my mistake and buying several copies. I have rarely seen more variety in shapes within a single framework. And trust me that's saying something.

Warning: 3 designs of this book can be insanely difficult to color but that's why it pays to wait for inspiration!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful coloring book~Very intricate designs., November 6, 2008
This review is from: Designs for Coloring: Prisms (Paperback)
I'm an adult who collects this type coloring books. I find coloring with colored pencils very relaxing. I use Primsicolor pencils and for these intricate ones the Very Thin Primicolor are the best. They have them great price right here at Amazon.

This is now in my top then favorites. Any adult collector with treasure this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Coloring Book, August 8, 2007
This review is from: Designs for Coloring: Prisms (Paperback)
This book has many pages of good images. Ruth Heller is my favorite coloring book auther (artist?), so pretty much anything she does, I want. Prisms is not one of my favorites, but I think that may just be personal preference. For the adult colorer (and for kids too), it's hard to go wrong with Ruth Heller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, July 11, 2009
This review is from: Designs for Coloring: Prisms (Paperback)
Absolutely love this coloring book. I ordered many different ones because it helps keep me grounded and focused on the task at hand. I suffer from severe depression and this was recommended to me to keep my focused in the moment and it works. I have over 20 new coloring books from different publisers.

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so Coloring Book, October 5, 2010
This review is from: Designs for Coloring: Prisms (Paperback)
While not the worst coloring book I have purchased it is not one of my favorites. I agree with the other reviews in that there is too much repetition in the patterns. They are way too similar for my taste. Each design has a minor variation from the one before it. I like more of a challenge when coloring and this book did not really give me that. I have purchased other Ruth Heller books and this one did not live up to the expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!!, April 21, 2013
This review is from: Designs for Coloring: Prisms (Paperback)
This is one of the many "Colorist" books I have ordered and I was not disappointed. Many different patterns to choose from, something for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really love the designs in these books, September 3, 2014
This review is from: Designs for Coloring: Prisms (Paperback)
I really love the designs in these books. They're hand drawn so they're not perfect, but they're certainly fun to color! It's neat to see how the same few pieces can make such a variety of designs.

Designs for Coloring: Prisms
Designs for Coloring: Prisms by Ruth Heller (Paperback - October 23, 2000)
$6.99 $6.08