4.0 out of 5 stars Restaurant Quality Desserts
"Dessert Circus" is the companion cookbook to Jacques Torres' television series, filled with step-by-step instructions and photos to help you recreate all his delicacies at home. After flipping through the book, I had my doubts.
Every recipe I tried was delicious. My favorite recipe has to be his "Chocolate Cornflakes". Delicious and fun to...
Published on March 12, 2001 by Teantae Turner

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book
I have bought this book recently. Jacques Torres presents a very beautiful book with good and surprinsingly creative recipes (some of them too sophisticated). But I think it is not a must, and not for beginners.
Published on July 8, 1999 by Springerle

5.0 out of 5 stars Master home chef as well as master chef, March 29, 2012
This review is from: Dessert Circus: Extraordinary Desserts You Can Make At Home (Pbs Series) (Hardcover)
I have both Jacques Torres books and they truly are fantastic. Chef Torres is a master in the dessert world and these cookbooks reflect his talent, not only as a chef but as an author as well.

As an amateur home cook I love to learn new techniques and Jacques' books help me to improve my skills. The instructions and tips in his books provide a wealth of information that make learning these techniques a breeze. You will not need a culinary degree to make his beautiful treats. If you love making desserts and can find his books you should definitely add them to your library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book of Actual Le Cirque Desserts, March 5, 2012
I had the wonderful and memorable experience to dine at Le Cirque in the late 1980s for lunch when Jacques Torres was the pastery chef. Our group was quite large, 10 of us, and seated at a large round table.

Desert was not ordered per person but brought out and everyone was treated to something different, as 10 different deserts were brought out. We all had a taste and then rotated the desserts.

When Desert Circus came out I had to order it for nostalga, as it contains most all of the deserts Jacques Torres created during his tenure at Le Cirque. I followed up with Jacques Desert Circut At Home.

This book provded me with wonderful memories of our desert that fall afternoon in New York City. I fondly remember the Chocolate Soup and the Chocolate Stove, Creme Brulee, Chocolate Fondants and Manhattan when it came my turn for a bite.

One recipe I have made for guests is the chocolate soup, which is a real hit at home. I also followed Jacques recipe for candied citrus peel with success and the Raspberry Souffles.

The recipes provide clear information as I have had success with several I have tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Up there with the best, September 1, 1999
By A Customer
An easy way of learning the basics of pastry and working your way u

5.0 out of 5 stars The Author Is Amazing !, April 20, 2002
M. Lafferman (Baltimore, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
The author clearly loves what he does. I love the fact that there is a picture along with each recipe. Very detailed. I would buy ANY book by this author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 30, 2014
Yummy recipes

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely easy to use., January 3, 1999
By A Customer
I have tried two of Jacques Torres's recipies after watching him on PBS. They turned out great. The book is just as entertaining and informative as the show. The baba "..un vrai délice..."

5.0 out of 5 stars I find Jacques Torres to be one of my favorite Pastry Chefs., July 7, 1999
I have Jacques Torres first book and I plan on buying his second. I watch his show on TV and find his book a great buy. If you love desserts I highly recommend his book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dessert Circus (Jacques Torres), October 19, 2001
This book is autstanding. Although, the book that I was sent by your dealer is a black and white photocopy of Jacuqes original book since I've used his book before and I am great admirer of jacques.I love his book DESSERT CIRCUS BUT THE COPY THAT YOU SENT ME IS A CHIP COPY THAT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE ANY PICTURE OF THE ACTUAL DESSERTS AS THE ORIGINAL COPY HAS. WHEN I PURCHASED THE BOOK TROUGH YOU OVER THE INTERNET IT WAS STATED THAT IT WAS A USED COPY OF DESSERT CIRCUS BY JACQUES TORRES BOOK. I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE PHOTOCOPY THAT YOU SENT ME. IF YOU LIKE TO CONTACT ME FOR FURTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE DO SO @ HEBERESTRADA@HOTMAIL.COM

Dessert Circus: Extraordinary Desserts You Can Make At Home (Pbs Series)
Dessert Circus: Extraordinary Desserts You Can Make At Home (Pbs Series) by Jacques Torres (Hardcover - December 17, 1997)
$28.00 $22.17