Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

67%
33%
Format: Paperback|Change

on September 6, 2012
If there were one book published this year that made me jealous, it would have to be this one. James has somehow managed to take the vision and style of travel guides like those published by Fodor's and Frommer's and apply it to bar hopping. And what a long strange trip it is. Starting with the premise that a bar that has great cocktails is worthy of a visit, he globe hops from New York (arguably the primordial bastion of the great American libation) all the way to far-flung Australia with many stops in between. Along the way, a picture is painted of how bar-craft and bars themselves have developed over the past few centuries. Lots of b&w photos grace the pages, along with several of the author's own cocktail recipes, making this a hefty 400+ page tome. If you find yourself in one of the over forty major cities, you WILL want to have this book with you to plan your visit. My only question is, with most of these cocktails ranging in price from $10-20 each, who will foot the bill if I choose to follow his trail.
on February 17, 2013
i got this for my fiance who is a cocktail afficionado who loves to travel. He tends to live on Yelp! when we travel because he's looking for exactly the right atmosphere, ingredients, etc. which really irritates me. So I got him this so we could do a little research together. So far it was great in Seattle but not so useful for Vegas (what do you expect?). good buy for a mixologist on the road.
on May 27, 2016
what a fantastic book! I am going to take a little travel trip and use this to have fun with libations along the way!