5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Research!
Published on October 2, 2000 by James Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, Though Too Long
This book is fascinating, to a point. For me, parts of it are a little too long and detailed. But it is evident that a lot of research went into this book, and I would recommend it to anyone especially interested in the subject.
Published on December 3, 2012 by Steve M.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Research!, October 2, 2000
This review is from: Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives (Paperback)
Michael Newton is one of a handful of published researchers who is adding to our knowledge of life between lives through the use of hypnosis. In coming decades, this kind of research should build and expand until we have a detailed understanding of life on the higher dimensions. In this book he continues his years of investigations, taking us further into an understanding of the soul's journey in and out of incarnation. Some topics covered in this book are (1) The various ways recently deceased souls try to make contact with those left behind, (2) How our spiritual energy is restored after a difficult incarnation or traumatic death, (3) How our between-life vocations can manifest in our earthly careers, (4) More on colors as indications of levels of attainment, (5) Spiritual names, (6) Much more on our soul groups, and how we interact between and during incarnations, (7) The "Council of Elders", a review panel of higher beings who help us gain insight on our lives just after we complete one, and just before we begin a new one, (8)How souls are "born" from higher levels into the level we spend time in between lives, (9) Extensive case studies of the "library" of past lives which souls study in between lifetimes. With Newton's work and those of similar investigators we are finally gaining an understanding of life in higher dimensions based on research and first-hand reports, rather than speculation and belief. Other than Newton's work, two other good books along this line are out of print, but generally not hard to find. One is LIFE BETWEEN LIVES (1986) by Whitton and Fisher. That book also follows the case-study approach. A second book is EXPLORING REINCARNATION (1987) by Hans Tendam. This book is a rigorous summary of the whole subject of past lives, life between lives, and the reliability of hypnosis as a tool of investigation. It's not a light read, but is the most in depth and thorough book on the subject to date, and essential reading for anyone who wishes to become well informed about it. A marvelous personal account of an accomplished "soul traveler" is THE TIGERS FANG by Paul Twitchell, whose account of the inner dimensions is remarkable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memorys of Home, April 21, 2001
Kazren "Kazren" (www.ohjohnny.net) - See all my reviews
Have you ever read a book about Spirituality and it rang so true to you, you knew it was right; there was no question of faith, but knowledge? That's how it was for me reading "Destiny of Souls." I really had enjoyed "Journey of Souls," it, too had seemed more like a trip down familiar paths and "Destiny of Souls" is a continuation of the same wonderful trip that brings great peace of mind.
If you wonder: Why are we here? What is life all about? What happens to us when we die? Do love ones really try to contact us from the beyond? Well, you would do yourself a big favor by simply reading this book with an open mind and heart. Perhaps you, too, will find the solid ring of truth in the stories you follow in "Destiny of Souls."
Oh, it's a very enjoyable read, too. It may make you feel like you're visiting your real Home, the Home we all came from. It gives hope, too. I did a review for our church newsletter about "Journey of Souls", and people came up to me and thanked me for introducing them to the book. They found it helpful, especially those who had lost loved ones. This book may help you heal your own grief issues. I can't say enough good things about it. THANK YOU, Dr. Newton.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is the truth and he is legitimate, January 2, 2002
Sean (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
I first read Journey of Souls a few years ago, and had the same feeling of resonance that many reviewers did. But I wasn't convinced and still wanted to know more. I wrote to a reviewer on this site who had visited him, and following her suggestion, wrote to Dr. Newton for an appointment. At the time, he had a three-year waiting list, and was seeing about 2-3 clients a week. I saw him just before Destiny of Souls was completed, and while I did not experience my memories with the same clarity the subjects in his book did, I can say with utter certainty that Dr. Newton is not making it up, and is not manipulating his readers.
From my conversations with him, I have found him to be very intelligent, caring, funny, and honest. My experience in hypnosis was a bit unsettling for me, as much as the skeptic in me wanted to dismiss the truths I had learned about myself, I could not attribute my memories to anything that I had seen in his books or elsewhere. Nor did he plant the ideas in my head. He is absolutely the stubborn investigator he describes in his books and challenged the things I said, questioned me during the session, compared to things I had said earlier to make sure I was still saying the same things. Then, at the end of the session told me where I had said something similar to his other clients that had not been in Journey of Souls (but is now in Destiny), such as my detailed explanation of the medallion worn by one of the "Council" members.
In retrospect, I think the most amazing thing about my session was my casual attitude - as I talked about "unbelievable" things like hybrid souls I might as well have been telling him "the sky is blue" with the nonchalant way I felt. In fact, a few times I did get frustrated with his questioning, the same way someone would if challenged with "No, the sky is GREEN". What I was saying felt then, as it does now, to be nothing but pure and simple truth.
For the further skeptical, my small claim to fame is that one of his "One of my clients said.." comments to illustrate a point about soul names was something I told him after my session. So I know that whenever he says a client said something, they did.
I would encourage anyone who is interested in having this regression done, to write to him care of his publisher and include a self-addressed stamped envelope. This is the only way to contact him. One note though, he is currently in the process of retiring his practice and directs new clients to people that he has trained from across the country. Even if you don't see him personally, though, the experience of the regression is absolutely worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was raised as a moslem, July 29, 2001
By A Customer
But had always had my doubts, thinking, there was no way out. Well, like most people who were raised on one religion, I tried to exhibit the traits of a good believer. Not until in my more mature years did I start doubting, the validity of my religion, not altogether, but mainly as related to hell, and heavens, punishment, and many other issues. Dr. Newton, was one author along with a few others who confirmed, what I believed in initially, of mainly living many lives, and in the reincarnation of souls. I am half through with this book, and I don't want to finish it. After I read his first masterpiece 'Journey of Souls', I knew I was hooked, or rather hypnotized. There is a consistency in Dr. Newton's siting of events, added to his intelligence, persistence, and knowledge. This is once in a life time book. If you just have to read one book, and get answers to many many questions, it should be this one. Any other book is dawrfed compared to this one, because this is the real ONE; it answered more questions than I origially bargained for. Dr. Newton,.. thank you. ( I had to order this book via the internet, since it would naturally be banned in my country )

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading! I highly recommend the book., April 30, 2000
By A Customer
I have waited years for this book to be published and at last it available. Newton picks up where Journey of Souls left off. But you can easily understand and follow the book even if you haven't read Journey of Souls.
Newton discusses soulmates, the Council of Elders, ghosts, colors of souls, how we select our bodies, etc. Wonderful and inspiring reading!
I just can't get enough of Newton's findings.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Worths More than 5 Stars!, January 3, 2001
I read M. Newton's first book (Journey of Souls)about 5 years ago, and I couldn't wait for a follow-up.... finally, it's here! I am a "spiritual student" since the past 35 years, and I read tons of books about OBE, after-life, lucid dreaming, astral travel, Soul Travel, etc. This book sums it all up because Michael Newton tells a non-biais account of what happens BETWEEN lives....
We've all read about the "Tunnel of Light" seen by those who've had near-death experiences, the call of Light Beings, the account of those who "saw" dead relatives talk to them while they were still living, etc.... Destiny of Souls makes an account of about 70 cases where people tell what REALLY happen after a person "translates" (dies.) The author goes a step further than light tunnel, and so forth.
Moreover, there is a common thread among all those (all of us really!) who goes through this process: the love of dear ones that welcome us after departing from this Earth world, a personal spiritual being who guides us to our rightful place, the summary of our past life in a "holographic library," the Council of Elders who help us sort our different experiences (past and future), the choice of our new body (male or female, since Soul is androgenous) for a new incarnation on this planet - or elsewhere in the universe! -
All in all, an excellent book which will give hope to anyone seeking (and hoping) for something beyond the veil of death... For years, I was a practitioner of astral travel and today I learned the subtle art of Soul Travel (taught by ECK Masters,) which goes much further than "limited" astral travel, so I was able to validate my own personal experiences through reading some of the accounts in Newton's book.
A must read for the REAL spiritual student of all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the most compelling book on before and after life, February 2, 2001
"tsojap" (Marlboro, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
Having read dozens of books on before/afterlife, NDE's, re/incarnation i simply found this book to be the most interesting and complete book available. Yes, raymond moody, ruth montgomery, et al... have VERY good books out on the subject, but Dr. Newton's regression therapy reveals another side to people and thier past lives that just seem to give validation to my whole belief of life after life.
If you are a believer or better yet a skeptic on life beyond Earth this book will at least present a thorough look at what we are supposed to go through when we depart our physical life.
i highly recommend you read his first book JOURNEY OF SOULS before reading DESTINY. He makes many references to JOURNEY throughout the book and DESTINY is supposed to be a deeper continuation from where JOURNEY left off. In the least you may just miss a few things by starting with DESTINY.
This is just an outstanding and incredibily eye opening read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, June 14, 2000
Destiny of Souls is a must have for anyone who has pondered the mysteries of life.....Michael Newton's powerful soul stories provoke serious thought about life, death and what happens in-between without succumbing to fantasy, myth, or religious beliefs; providing understanding and tolerance of every human being.... I would recommend this book to anyone who has ever wondered why they're here or where they're going after death...

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic. I hope the good doctor publishes another., May 10, 2000
By A Customer
Better written, more thoughtful, and more comprehensive than Journey of Souls. That this information is now becoming available gives me hope that perhaps mankind's long spiritual dark age, full of superstition and ego-driven heirarchical ritual, is nearing an end. Are we as a species finally grown up enough to be given some insight into who we really are? Or is it just that those advanced souls who watch over this planet are starting to get a little panicked at the mess we're making of the place? Whatever the reason, I'm glad to be able to come to the conclusion (on my own, the author doesn't take a stand on real-world issues) that rampant materialism and short-sighted economic policy is the work of young souls without a clue. I wish all the kiddie souls in adult bodies who are busy trashing the schoolyard would knock it off. But if they did, what wrongs would the older souls get to make right? Anyway, I sure enjoyed this book. Very thought-provoking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating!, February 18, 2001
The descriptions in this book of "the world beyond" are reminiscent of what's portrayed quite humorously in the movie "Defending Your Life." Dr. Newton weaves the stories of 67 people together in this follow-up to his "Journey of Souls" in such a way that it staggers the mind to hear the similarities between each case presented. The information given is what emerged during sessions with patients, along with insights received from those meetings. It is presented in a factual, clinical way that respects the major religions/schools of thought, while at the same time not negating any of them.
From spiritual learning centers such as classrooms and libraries to meeting with councils of advanced guides, Dr. Newton takes the reader on a journey of discovering who one might have relationships with in the current life that stem from interactions made in between lives. These relationships could include a primary or companion soulmate(s), affiliated souls, other guides, etc., as either partners or teachers (and sometimes both).
The author discusses animal souls as well as the souls of the very young. He also talks about how a human soul may choose to split itself into several bodies for accelerated learning, and how each of us always has a part of our soul in reserve, in the spirit realm, while we are incarnated. He further delves into specific examples of the patterns behind certain types of relationships, such as why some souls reunite with souls who have hurt them previously, or how several souls may switch roles in order to better understand the reasons behind what had happened in a previous life.
I am intrigued by the psychology of what a soul might do in the spirit realm, whether it's preparing for a learning experience or just hanging out in rest and relaxation mode. I can see parallels between descriptions of decisions made in between lives with decisions that we make here in our earthly lives, apparently with the same people more often than not. I particularly enjoyed reading about the different levels and colors of souls, and how some have specific roles to play (Masters of Design, Harmonizers, Nursery Teachers, etc). Spiritual energy restoration by master healers as well as the Space of Transformation also interested me.
Both of Newton's "Souls" books are excellent reading for anyone who has lost a treasured loved one. I gave my copy of "Journey of Souls" to a friend, and not only was she blessed with reading about these studies, but other members of her family were blessed with a large measure of comfort as well. I highly recommend both of these books to anyone who is interested in metaphysics, the "afterlife", or serious soul work.

Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives
Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives by Michael Newton (Paperback - May 8, 2000)
$17.95 $10.37