4.0 out of 5 stars Essentially the same as Photojojo lenses
I lost my Photojojo macro/wide lens, so in ordering a replacement I decided that I'd both order a brand that seems to be Photojojo's OEM as well as an extra fisheye lens for comparison.

Published on November 15, 2011 by Omega Man

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed. Not for iPhone 4.
Published on October 4, 2011 by Pang Houa

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed. Not for iPhone 4., October 4, 2011
Pang Houa (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SKINA 3 in 1 Detachable LENS for Mobile Phone & Digital Camera (180 degree fish-eye lens, wide + Macro Lens) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought the 3-in-1 lens for an iPhone 4, and have to say that it was a disappointment. It doesn't make sense to me that the manufacturer would advertise this product with the iPhone 4, creating the illusion that it is compatible with iPhone 4, when it's not. In order to attach the lenses to the phone, you have to stick a magnetic ring to your phone, and this ring actually covers up the flash on the iPhone 4. This would be fine if it was a temporary magnetic ring that I could take off when I'm done with it, but it seems to be permanent. The one good thing I will say about it is that the lens quality seems quite good.

Very disappointed because I bought this as a gift for my husband and wanted him to be able to use it right away. We will be returning this product and trying out the ollocip:[...] A co-worker has the olloclip and she really likes it. I wanted to try this magnetic one first because it seemed easier to take on and off, and the olloclip is quite a bit more expensive, but the flash cover-up is a deal breaker for me. Olloclip also states on its site that it doesn't use magnets in its lenses because the magnet actually interferes with iPhone functionality. Well, if this is true, it's another reason to stay away from the 3-in-1 lens, I guess.

Another thing: the manufacturer of this product is a Chinese or Taiwanese company, so the instructions are really difficult to understand.

2.0 out of 5 stars Photojojo Lenses are MUCH BETTER, April 20, 2012
Amit Gupta (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
The rings in this product don't really work with the iPhone 4 and 4S.

The ones on the Photojojo lenses have a cutout for the flash and use a stronger glue that works better on the glass back. (But you can still remove the rings if you like.)

Photojojo also packs extra rings and has awesome customer service (they'll hook you up with extra rings if you need 'em!)

As they say, you get what you pay for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essentially the same as Photojojo lenses, November 15, 2011

It appears that these are almost exactly the same as the lenses that Photojojo is selling. The only difference that I see is that the lens coatings on these lenses have a different color sheen (glare reflection off the front of the lens, not any actual tint in the light coming through). My guess is that this means that the revision of the product that you get here vs Photojojo is probably just slightly different. The fisheye lens that I got here also was lacking a rim on its rear magnetic cap but this isn't a huge deal. (It just means the cap comes off more easily.) See the customer images for an image of what I received, with notes.

One of these two lenses, I don't remember which, came with an additional special adhesive mounting ring for the iPhone 4(S) that doesn't cover the flash LED like the standard ring. They both came with extra rings as well. Unfortunately I don't know if you can depend on one of these iPhone-specific rings being included as they seem to have been added at some point in the product revision, so it probably depends on whether you get an older or newer version of the lenses.

The wide angle x0.67 lens works well with slight vignetting on the corners on my iPhone 4S, and it has the expected barrel distortion but seems to lack much spherical distortion (which would result in out-of-focus edges if it were more prominent).

The fisheye also works well. On my iPhone 4S (and probably the other iPhones) the corners of the image are "chopped" off, but this is rather typical for a fisheye lens especially a cheap one for devices that weren't even designed for additional lenses.

It is supposed to be possible to use these with some/most cases by adhering the mounting ring onto the camera lens hole on the outside of the case, but I haven't tried this myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insanely cool!, December 16, 2011
I would highly recommend these to anyone who takes pictures and/or owns a phone.

The lenses are surprisingly high quality.
One thing to note, the wide angle and macro are the same lens, simply unscrew the wide angle bit to enable macro mode!

There are some unhappy reviews on here, and some complaints are true, for example: While one of the lenses are attached, the iPhones flash is covered.
One of the false complaints iv'e seen is that the metal ring will cover your iPhones flash at all times, this is not true, I actually received two metal rings, one of which had a groove cut out of it so that the flash would not be covered when attached, not bad.

PROS:
Made of metal
Small, but very sturdy. (I keep them in my coat pocket at all times)
Strong magnets
Well thought out design with magnetic lens cover that sticks on to the back and a plastic cover for the front end.
The pictures look fantastic! Its a great way to show off your phone. = P
The fisheye is extremely good looking, it adds a lot to your pics.
The macro is just awesome. I was very happy to see how well it blurred out the background while making the in focus bits jump out at you.

CONS:
The metal ring that attaches to the phone is not nearly sticky enough. I ended up super gluing it to my iPhone 4S (I don't use a case or sleeve, so its not a problem)
The fish eye lens isn't very useful while in video mode of an iPhone, due to the iPhone being zoomed in so much for 720p recording. In photo mode, though, it works perfectly! (This isn't a fault of the lens though, I simply want to make the note for buyers with iPhones)

This is a really good purchase. You will not regret it.

3.0 out of 5 stars ring comes off, November 17, 2011
Carolyn "caroq" (Great Smoky Mountains NP) - See all my reviews
I really like this, the fisheye is cool but I haven't used the others. After about a week, when I would take the lens off, the metal ring would also come off my iPhone 4s. So after it got loose, the lens would slide around when I was trying to take a picture. Trying to find something that will keep the ring on permanently but won't hart the iPhone. There was a little cutout in my ring for the flash.
I would rate it higher if the ring would stay on; great for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, December 16, 2011
Gus "housemeyer" (Carmel, IN United States) - See all my reviews
The seller promotes these items as being designed for the iPhone 4, when they are not. They do not fit, and cover the flash. I wish I had read the reviews before ordering. I have learned a valuable lesson.

1.0 out of 5 stars SUCKS, January 13, 2012
This product does not work for the iPhone, at all. Not only does the lens cover the flash, but also the "magnetic" force is not strong enough to hold the lens to the camera at all... I was very disappointed with the product but was able to return it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lens, October 6, 2011
These are great additions to any half decent camera phone. High quality, strong magnets, although did have to use the smaller magnetic ring on my Evo 4G. Great buy for anyone, except maybe those with an iPhone since I hear it covers the flash.

1.0 out of 5 stars Comically Unuseful, November 23, 2011
Richard Rush (Manassas, VA United States) - See all my reviews
These lenses are so useless, it's funny.

They require an iron ring to be glued around the camera lens: the special lens magnetically sticks to it. Other reviewers have had problems with rings that obscure the iPhone flash, but mine came with two rings per lens: one perfectly round, the other with a notch in it that accomodates the flash on my iPhone 4S just fine.

However:
- The ring (which is 13mm across) is almost certain to get in the way of any case you might like to put on your iPhone

- Much more importantly, _it does not stick_. It slides around. It comes off. Half the time, the ring ends up obscuring the flash because it's spun and slid around the back of your phone and the notch is no longer lined up. The other half of the time, it just _falls off_. The special lens sticks to it just fine, but since it won't stick to your phone, it doesn't matter.

I don't expect to get any use whatsoever out of these.

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 in i camera lens kit, January 26, 2012
Frieda (Carlsbad, NM, United States) - See all my reviews
this is for the 3 in 1 Camera Lens Kit For Apple Iphone 4 ipad (fish Eye lens, Wide Angle + Micro Lens
it is not worth the money you are asked to unscrew them to get to the other lens I could not even get them to unscrew at all I did not want to use plyers and brake it so mow it just sits on the shelf
not good at all