4.0 out of 5 stars Phone lens FTW
Published on June 20, 2012 by Dj Burnz

3.0 out of 5 stars Less expensive = lower quality
Published 18 months ago by seggert

4.0 out of 5 stars Phone lens FTW, June 20, 2012
This review is from: Detachable 0.67X Wide Angle Macro Lens for Apple iPhone, iPod Nano 5, Camera Phones (Camera Lens Smaller than 9.5mm) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This lens really surprised me, knowing that a lot of people said the sticky metal piece that you can stick to your phone wasn't sticky enough.. Now for me, the first one didn't work.. It came off the first time I took the lens off. How ever, it did come with 3 metal pieces and before I put another one on, I read the instructions. It said "PRESS FIRMLY 3 TIMES IN A ROW." I did, and it worked perfectly! Sticks without a problem ony iPhone 4! Great fun, great pictures, and the micro? AMAZING! Great product for the price, I already have recommended someone to get it!

4.0 out of 5 stars SAME AS MORE EXP models. I bought both, both a-8001, March 31, 2012
Length:: 0:29 Mins

Same exact model as the 12 buck option. Both called a-8001. See my photos to see the vignetting in photo mode. None in video mode.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money - Particularly good for iPhone video, December 7, 2011
Overall it's cheap and does the job. Based on use on an iPhone 4:

Photos: Nice for wide shots but you get the "fisheye" effect (vigneting in the corners and considerable barrel distortion)

Videos: Very nice, due to the phone cropping the image for video, the vigneting is cropped out and barrel distortion less of an issue. The iPhone 4 and 4s have a particularly narrow lens which usually causes considerable shaking in handheld videos. Using a wide angle lens lessens this effect.

Macros: A nice feature but the camera looses it's ability to auto-focus. Focus is done by moving the object closer or further from the lens. Focus is around 1" from the lens which is quite close and the phone can often shadow the object you're taking the photo of. With a bit of fiddling around however, you can get good macros from this lens. (Note the lens separates into two pieces, using only the base for macro shots, and both for wide)

The adhesive ring with flash cutout for the iPhone 4 and 4s is important, however the flash is only good without the lens as the lens itself will shadow the flash when used.

Photo and video samples can be seen on Youtube:
(...)
or search for "SKINA W-67 tuvix72"

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Little Lens, June 2, 2012
I got this for my Droid X. The results are amazing! The pictures are clear and bright. No vignetting with the wide angle, but did notice a slight fish-eye effect when taking pictures of window screen with the macro lens. It took a little practice to get clear pictures with the macro lens. There is so much magnification that any movement of your hand blurs the pic.

Installation to the phone was easy. I cleaned the lens on my phone with a little rubbing alcohol. This is very important when trying to get adhesive to stick to something you handle a lot. The oils from your skin will prevent anything from sticking. After cleaning, the little steel ring that the lens attaches to adhered with no problems. I had to modify my OtterBox Defender Case for Motorola DROID X MB810 - Black by opening up the camera port with a needle file so the lens would fit. With a less protective case, I probably wouldn't have had to do anything to it.

The 'instructions' were written in ESL (English as a Second Language). Probably the worst I've ever seen, but you don't need them anyway.

While it's not studio quality, for $7, you can't go wrong.

I have uploaded sample pictures to the product page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a difference!!!, June 24, 2012
I had previously bought this lens 2 years ago from a different website, since it wasn't sold here at amazon yet. I use it with my Kodak playsport, and boy does it make a difference. However, I recently lost it at an amusement park when my brother dropped my Kodak Playsport...lens first. The lens came off, and we couldn't find where it went. This one from Amazon is the same as the old one I used to have. I absolutely love it! The wide angle allows me to take a video of myself (without having to fully extend my arm) without my entire face taking up the entire frame and without the top of my head being cut off if my arm gets tired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and simple, January 19, 2012
The quality of this product is that of professional cameras but with the durability of a keychain ornament. The Macro lens magnifies far beyond standard and SLR digital camera Macro mode magnification and the wide angle is very effect. I suggest this product for nature enthusiasts such as mycologists and botanists who like to capture nature's beauty on the fly. This lens provides creative potential for anyone and provides a great scientific instrument for professors or consumers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, July 30, 2012
Length:: 1:47 Mins

Works well for me. I'm guessing the first thing that might go bad will be the metal ring that the lens's magnet adheres to. It's basically stuck to the front of my camera with glue, and I'm guessing it will fall off eventually. I'm using an RCA "Small Wonder" camera in the video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool, April 12, 2013
Bought it for like 4 or 5 bucks. Great little accessory! Very very fast shipping. Wasnt supposed to arrive for a couple weeks. Got it in like 10 days. I have an iphone 5 and it works great for stills and vids.

5.0 out of 5 stars AhhMazing!, March 25, 2013
I love this thing! I swear I'm using it all the time for all my pictures! The ease of use is impecible! Even though it came from Hong Kong, it came pretty quickly! Thank you! :D

3.0 out of 5 stars Less expensive = lower quality, January 26, 2013
My boyfriend has a higher quality (and more expensive) lens and it takes far better pictures than this lens I purchased. This lens still works well and will get the job done, but you will get what you pay for. For bigger phone camera lenses (ex: some newer Android phones) this lens will leave circular marks around the edge of the picture. You will have to crop the photos to remove it.

Rate and Discover Movies