Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on August 30, 2012
Wow, now this is one cheap piece of Chinese garbage. The detector is incredibly cheaply made and the instructions are a joke. After leaving the camera plugged in and charging for two days, it still will not turn on and the lights flash as though it is still charging. When unplugging the camera, it doesn't turn on at all.

My personal favorite was the packaging for the SD card that states "All in One Menory" and calls it Menory all over. It also has the following line at the bottom of the packaging saying "TF Special - High-speed spread to steal".... no idea what the hell that even means lol. Apparently the manufacturer wrote the instructions and packaging in Engrish instead of English.

I've bought plenty of stuff from Amazon and Ebay, including some other cheap products from Asia; however, they all worked perfectly. This thing is by far the worst product I've bought.

If I could give this a 0-star rating, I'd still consider it overrated.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2012
Well I got it, I charged it, I found a good place to mount it followed the instructions and set the camera on motion detection mode and when I went back and checked it the only video I had was the video of me putting it on the wall... After that nothing at all, I set it to continuously record and it did fine for about 2 hours and 30 minutes when the battery died it records sound forever and takes pictures ok. I have been playing with it for a while and still can't get the motion detection to work other than that everything else is great
on August 28, 2012
What Jessie said, got mine yesterday, charged it up this morning and have spent 3 hours so far today trying to get it to work. The lights don't follow what the manual says and I've tried 4 times to get it to work on motion detect. When I remove the flash card and insert it into my computer, it's empty of any photo or video. About 10 minuts ago I turned it on and now the red and blue lights are still on, turning it off and trying again to get it to follow the instructions does not help.... Do not waste your money on this like I did.......

Day two, I have had it pluged in ( charging ) into my computer for the last 6 hours. Red Indicator light is still flashing which suggests it's still taking the charge... yesterday it took 4 hours to charge and the 3 hours I spent yesterday trying to get it to work ( it was off most of the time ) seems to have emptied the battery of all of it's charge. If I can get the thing to work I'll keep it otherwise I will request a replacement or a refund.

Day 3 will not / does not work, requested permission to return for refund.
on August 27, 2012
I have purchased "cheap" hidden (spy) cameras before, and the problem is the image quality is not very good, especially in low light. I decided to give this product a try based on the two mostly positive reviews of it. I will say that the image quality is not too bad, especially in good light. But other than that, I really can't say anything positive about this product. As a spy camera it is pretty much worthless. As a toy it is kind of fun to play with, at least until you get frustrated with it. The instructions that come with this say the continuous recording times is "over 12 hours", but on the Amazon website, and on the box the unit comes in it says "Records for 2 hours continuously" and "work time - about 2 hours". The 2 hour time might be accurate for audio recordings, but I am having a hard time even verifying that. The problem I have is it seems the unit goes into some sort of sleep mode after a period of inactivity. So, if you set it to motion detect mode, it will detect motion and record video for a few minutes, then nothing. If you set it for video mode, the same thing happens. When you go back to the unit and press the button on the remote which is supposed to stop it and save the pics/videos, no lights come on or even flash, unless you press the power button. So it is like the device went to sleep and stopped recording. The picture thing works OK if you want to stand there and click the button on the remote to take pics, but that kind of defeats the spy camera aspect. Also, even in picture mode it seems to go to sleep, so when you come back you need to hit the power button on the remote to wake it up, and then you can take pics. I tried charging the battery, but even that doesn't work like the instructions say. The instructions say to hook the device to your computer with the USB cable, and the blue light will flash when it is charging. But when I connect it to the computer, the red light just keeps flashing. I guess it is charging, but I don't know. I will keep playing with it and see if I can make it work better, but I have played with it for a few days, and so far nothing seems to work as advertised in the instruction manual.

OK, so I have had time to play with this some more. I still don't have any positive comments to add about motion detection, pictures or video. However, I was able to do a good audio recording test and verified that it will record just over 13 hours of non-stop audio in an unattended mode, when the battery is fully charged. So if you are looking for something to record audio, this might be good for you, but I suspect you can find something smaller and cheaper that would do the same thing. I can't really vouch for the quality of the audio recording either, as I wasn't trying to verify the quality, and I just left it turned on somewhere where this isn't a lot of talking. Another thing I will add is not to waste your money buying a higher capacity memory card. The unit comes with a 8 GB SD card. I bought a 16 GB SD card thinking I could record more stuff. The 13+ hour audio recording only used 361 MB of space. And as previously mentioned, you can't record very much video because of other limitations of the device. So the 8 GTB SD card is more than enough.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2012
Everything related to this product is poor, from the quality of the recording to the battery, it works well only in a well lighted area.
on February 25, 2012
I received the item and had a problem reading the directions (small writing) plus directions didnt say anything about how to open the door to battery compartment but I figured it out product worked as advertised love it will buy another
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2013
It was delivered before the given date.. but, it work only 2 time!! the third time i tried, it just not working properly and the remote was terrible, i was just 2 ft away and was using the remote, and i tired from every angle.....but it seem like, just another piece of crap. Don't waste your time and money in it.. one thing i like was, i return it and got full refund within 10 days.
on February 13, 2013
motion detection does not work. This is why I bought the thing in the first place. piece of junk now sits in my desk.
on August 29, 2012
Item is great, but motion detector feature does not work. Battery does last a good while. I recommend this item
on September 27, 2012
The item itself was not what I needed, but the folks were really nice and cooperative in assisting me with instructions and allowing me to return it postage paid.