5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Complete & Compelling Version
---
Published 16 months ago by WASTELAND RAVEN

3.0 out of 5 stars I love the Deus Ex series...
Published 16 months ago by iBoba Fett

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Complete & Compelling Version, October 24, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
---
At long last, the Director's Cut of Deus Ex: Human Revolution arrives, and it's a great buy for old fans of the series & new comers alike! Moderately priced at $30 ((edit: Even cheaper now!)), you get the original game with all available DLC and upgrades (additional quests and new weapons), as well, players may notice the game has improved visuals thanks to an updated game engine. As well, a decent amount of in-game director's commentary has been added to listen to at your convience.

New "Augs" (such as "Smart Vision") have been added to the upgrade list to allow players new options for dealing with NPCs and navigating the environment, New-Game + mode has been added as well (THANK GOD!), and will allow players to carry their upgrades into a new game (this alone is one of the best additions to the Director's Cut and adds hugely to the replay value), finally, the true icing on the cake comes to us as totally revamped boss fights which allows the player to take on bosses in a wide variety of ways - this really pushes the game back into being a true Dues Ex sequel and was one of the main reasons I purchased the Director's Cut.
There's so many goodies packed in, you'd be crazy not to pick it up - don't miss out! :)

Small note:
* Achievement list is the same and shared with original version of the game.
* Saves currently do not transfer between the original version and Director's Cut version.

**Addition note: currently the second-screen feature is not working, not sure if Edios has plans to fix this, however for those seeking the core experince you won't need this feature anyways. Shame they couldn't get it working though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished matters..., November 15, 2013
K. Kanitz (Upper Midwest) - See all my reviews
Buyers should be aware that at this point, Eidos has not made it possible to install this game to the Xbox 360 hard drive--you have to play from the two discs. Also, the detailed game manual, which is supposed to be accessible online, is not there.

3.0 out of 5 stars I love the Deus Ex series..., October 22, 2013
.. but unfortunately this Director's Cut is a bust. They did a great job updating the boss fights so that you can actually do them your way (go hide in some vents, sneak around the boss, and turn on some turrets, for example) rather than the game just turning into a deathmatch like it did in the original version. I loved Human Revolution when it first came out, and I still enjoy playing it, but they screwed up badly with this release.

Basically, you're buying $30 DLC that fixes the boss fights and implements the Missing Link DLC into the main campaign, rather than as a standalone option in the main menu like it was for the original release. The graphics seem to be the exact same as my original version, as well, which is disappointing. I believe the contrast may be lower, though. I mainly only notice it in the main menu, but rather than a golden menu background, it seems more orange.. Though when I pop in the original version it looks fine, so it isn't my HDTV. Strangely enough, the achievement list is the same as the original version, so if you finished that game's achievement list, you won't have any new ones to aim toward in this version. Achievements don't matter, but I like having new achievements that give me a new idea or something interesting to check out.

While the in-game features are all fine and really add to the game (Missing Link now an actual part of the main game? Thank God!), they butchered the Smartglass feature. You're supposed to be able to turn on your smartphone/tablet and use the Smartglass app to get the WiiU features, such as controlling the game through your phone/tablet, managing your inventory, and playing the hacking mini-games through the app.

However, it doesn't work. At all.

I've fiddled with the app for about two hours now, talking to Xbox Support over Twitter, trying their ideas like clearing my Xbox 360 cache (thank you Xbox Support, that never fixes anything.) and even resetting my tablet. By then, Xbox Support gave up and said I should talk to Square Enix's support. So far, no response. I have a feeling that either the game was shipped out with the Smartglass feature not working, or the app itself is broken. I wouldn't be surprised if it was both. The problem is that when the Smartglass app is on it won't show the inventory or hacking screen on my TV, thinking that it's showing it on my tablet.

Now, before you say that I must have a horribly old tablet or something, I have a Nexus 7. I've also tried it on my iPhone and Kindle Fire with absolutely no luck. I've contacted Amazon support and asked if there is a way I can replace this with a PS3 copy, which uses the Vita for the WiiU features, rather than an overall very clunky app.

It disappoints me to say that this Director's Cut was not done well. It seems like Square Enix may have pushed this out quickly before next-gen consoles come out, which would make sense given that originally this was coming out a bit after the PS4 and Xbox One release dates, and suddenly jumped forward to October 22nd. I hope for all us Deus Ex fans out there that we get a good patch soon that'll fix this game.

(Please Read: If you haven't had any issues with Smartglass, please comment! I'd love to hear any suggestions you have on how to fix this. Maybe I've done something wrong, but as far as I can tell I've done everything I was supposed to and it just won't work. I'm hoping this is just on my side, and isn't a huge glitch, but I decided I need to give everyone a heads up in case this is indeed not working for everyone.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, except..., March 30, 2014
The directors cut is kinda broken. Don't get me wrong. The game is amazing. The re-worked boss fights and the way they integrate the dlc into the game instead of having to play them separately is awesome. But the smartglass feature is broken. It will freeze your xbox and your tablet. You can't navigate menus or move Jensen. All you can do is equip weapons and items. Then your xbox freezes. The only reason I gave this game a four instead of three is because it is such a great game, I couldn't give it anything less. You should still buy this edition, but not just for the smartglass feature. Oh, and the commentary is very cool and entertaining, but its somewhat difficult to find the beacons, and are very easy to miss.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to the Deus Ex name, March 21, 2014
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Any fans of sci-fi or dystopian futures or stealth action games needs to try human revolutions. The setting and the atmosphere are top notch and the story and themes are interesting. It's just good sci-fi and futurism. The gameplay is fun with different options to tackle a problem depending on your play style. This version also comes with all of the dlc and the much needed updated boss fights which makes things much more enjoyable. Now you can use your stealthy skills to kill the big bads instead of confronting them directly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding game, March 23, 2014
For anyone who missed the original release of this game, I'd highly recommend picking this game up. If you're a fan of sci-fi, good story, or well designed levels with multiple methods of attack, this is a great game for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars I simply loved this game!, January 28, 2014
This is a fantastic game, period! If you are an RPG-stealth-shooter games fan, you will definitely love Deus Ex Human Evolution, Director's Cut. I like this game better over the normal version because it is a complete edition, which means that this one comes with everything such as dlc and a little better graphics. Not a huge difference though, but it is better indeed. DEHR Director's Cut comes with 2 discs. Due to it's a bigger version than the original game (all dlc comes with this version) and also (what made me very happy) Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut has five languages (German, English, Spanish, French, Italian) and they're available on the disc in both subtitle and audio form including the ability to mix and match.

The game will also offer hours of developer commentaries, a New Game+ mode, a fully interactive in-game guide along with gameplay tweaks like improved A.I., overhauled boss fights, refined game balance and combat and visual improvements.

The "Missing Link," which was available as DLC for the original and Tong's rescue mission that shipped with the Augmented Edition have been seamlessly integrated into the narrative flow of the game. The Missing Link still has players lose their abilities at the beginning but they will be able to bring all the new augmentations and weapons into the regular game after the content is completed and their missing skill points will be awarded back to them.

New Game+ mode has added to the Director's Cut, letting players carry over their augmentations from their first playthrough.

Of course, this is not a perfect game. Don't expect Squire Enix fix anything else because you won't have any patch from now on. You are not able to install any disc, and SmartGlass features won't work either. But don't worry, it is a perfectly playable game with not issues and it's better than the original.

If you don't own the original version, you won't regret buying Director's Cut. But if you have bought the original one and you also have The Missing Link dlc, it won't worth spending another $29.99 for something not much different.

I'm loving this game so far, it has a very good story, wise stealth elements, and a lot of ways to complete a mission. Conversations are very good too, depending on everything you do you will have a consequence.

No new achievements, they are exactly the same from the original version.

If you rented this game before and you liked it, or you don't own it yet, go and buy it, it's fantastic. As an rpg lover, I really loved Deus Ex HR.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Definitive Edition, December 22, 2013
The Deus Ex series is my favorite video game franchise so perhaps I'm a little predisposed to liking this game to begin with. I thought Human Revolution was great, but like many I thought the boss battles fell well short of the game's potential. The Director's Cut fixes almost everything I felt was off with the original game and also incorporates all of the downloadable content into the main narrative of the game. I thought the original Deus Ex would be a game changer for video games in as far as advancing non-linear story telling but have been largely disappointed with the direction that games have taken over the last decade as they failed to capitalize on the potential of the medium. The Director's Cut on the other hand is a great experience. Having seen the improvements made, especially in The Missing Link, I'm confident that the developers of the sequel to Human Revolution are not just going to match the greatness of the original Deus Ex, but surpass it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a damn revolution., December 30, 2014
You can sneak around, you can go in guns blazing. you can knock em out or you can knock em dead. you can be a paragon or you can be a renegade. This game did everything so right. The combat is fluid. The sneak mechanics are so refined. You get access to all kinds of abilities that lend themselves to your play style. And there's so much happening in the world, that you just have to love it. This game should belong to you.

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the original release of Deus Ex, December 2, 2014
I enjoyed the original release of Deus Ex, and apart from the (optional) in-game production and design commentaries added specifically for this title, this is exactly the same game, only with the addition of the available downloadable content. On its' own it's a very enjoyable game, with the usual Deus Ex multiple endings and virtually limitless game play styles and options. It is an FPS, and a few years old - but it's still a great game, and I still play it.

Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut - Xbox 360