Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Dev

67%
33%
Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon June 11, 2005
I watch more than 150 films a year. Bollywood has always been limited by the low scope of success of most films.This is why most directors refrain from showing truth the way it is. I have not seen any movie that displays truth in a more realistic way than Dev.Dev is about the muted condition of Hindus and Muslims in India.

What is actually quite interesting about this film is the way many dark characters are portrayed and bought into the film.Fardeen Khan,Kareena Kapoor,Amitabh Bachchan and Om Puri. Four people who I think deliver life time performances.There are no over dramatic songs in this film but it has a lot of action and controlled hatred.It's not a film for short attention span dullheads. It's a very controversial film which most of the movie watchers found difficult to stomach.I fail to understand why a film of this regard didnt raise eyebrows of appreciation among the box office collections.

I cannot possibly try and comprehend and explain to all reading this the kind of unimaginable fury of both deep hatred and disgust this generated in me. I have never felt more disgraced and shameful for belonging to this society that I do. The friendship between Om Puri and Amitabh Bachchan is the strongest thing about this film.It's also moulded in a lot of ways.

There are many scenes in this film that made me go weak with a feeling of absolute overwhelming chaos.I dont think I can compare this movie with any other.Bombay was similar but limited due to the love angle.

Watch this if you can stomach it.To me it stands in all of its absolution as the best film of it's kind.

Disquieting,Inspiring,Aggrevating "Dev"
on January 16, 2012
DevI enjoyed this movie very much. The two main characters were excellent. Opposites ( Muslin & Hindu) Some basic conflicts were to be expected when religious is strongly interjected. But one has to truly look further and deeper on both sides to see the connectedness. The change in their hearts to some degree both of them because of circumstances and events. We all can learn and be more tolerant of each other. No one group, religion/tradition is better we just have to understand differences and just be. Beig different is what makes life interesting I certainly believe.
on August 25, 2014
very good quality and movie