on December 24, 2009
This is great epoxy, but you have to have everything out, and be quick about it; it hardens within about 2 minutes after you expose it to air. Don't be alarmed when it gets quite hot (I wasn't expecting that, even though the directions warned about it). It also helps to submerge the packet in warm water for a few minutes to soften it up before you mix the two compounds (the manual tells you to do that, too).

I used it to repair my tub about 6 weeks ago, and it's holding strong.
on November 21, 2013
so I have a fiberglass tub surround that is about 15 yrs old. the color is white but , you know its not truly white any more. there was a dime sized crack in the shape of a circle near the drain. I knew at some point someone would put enough pressure on that to break it into a hole. time to fix it.
I found this product to be very liquid, but a tacky sticky liquid. not anything I had to soften up or knead. in fact, I cut a snip off each packet and squeezed just some out to get started. I mixed them in the tray of the package, then applied a thin layer on the now sanded tub, I quickly dropped down my sized fiberglass ( I frayed the edges as this fiberglass is like the thickness you use for auto body repair, my small repair area was not going to hide that well) I pressed the cloth in, then applied more goop on top. this does self level out. later when it dried I added a second coat to help hide the outline of the cloth. since the bottom of this tub ( which was abused and never cleaned by the last owners) really wont come back to the perfect white it was, and is at the walls, I added just a drop of the ivory. this really made the color match perfect!
now, the repair is palpable around the edges but only slightly. it is 100% better looking then the dirty ugly crack was! and really, you only see the repair if you get down in there, I took and posted photos of it.... but I had to take many and adjust the lighting to get the repair to show for you.
I found this product easy to work with, tho I have decades of experience in repairs working with bondo, fiberglass and such... but I would say even a novice can handle this job and get a good result.
have an assistant to hand you stuff or clean up any mess for you, we had to use a stick pin to remove lost brush bristle in the repair, you may want to have one handy. paper towels were handy.
this is a one time use product, but I did get two consecutive applications out of it, but in the same day, and I managed it by mixing just half the product up. it does set up fast.
this is nice to fix the crack, and not pay for a whole new tub and surround, or a full refinish job in the kids bathroom.
I will update over time and let everyone know how it holds up to use and getting cleaned.

Ok, first use, it holds! waterproof seal, I no longer worry that water is seeping under my tub. I posted a new pix of the repair fully dry and cured. this is a rock hard finish. the color really matches well and while its a bit shiny that is mostly because my tub is rather worn. I think you could even use this to fix a chipped white tile! this is such a hard product when dry, I think for the crack I had, I could have skipped the cloth and went with a thinner coat. if you are going to try to fix a chip in your sink, just apply a thin coat, let it level off and dry. it really is cool stuff.
its still holding after several showers and we decided to smooth it down to blend better. this worked great, I sanded the edge and then buffed it smooth, now its no longer more shiny than then the tub is and it really blends more. the sanding did not effect the durability at all.
review image review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 24, 2011
This product worked as promised. It is definitely a patch and looks like a patch but works well and was very easy to apply. It had everything needed to do the job in the kit except a drill which was needed in my case. I had a 1 1/2 inch crack in the floor of my plastic/fiberglass tub (I could never determine whether the tub was actually plastic or fiberglass). The instructions recommended drilling a small whole at each end of the crack to prevent it from spreading, so I did that.

The whole job took maybe 30 minutes from cleaning to completed application. Again it was simple to do. I just followed the instructions: I cleaned the area, drilled small holes at each end of the crack, sanded it with the supplied sand paper, cut the fiberglass patch to size, mixed the two halves of the epoxy in its pouch, applied the epoxy with its applicator, set the patch on top of it, applied more epoxy on top of the patch and let it dry. That was it! We let it set for 24 hours (much longer than the recommended time) and now it's about 3 weeks later and it's working great. I would definitely recommend this product.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 1, 2009
This product repaired my fiberglass tub and saved a lot of money. It has a glossy appearance after the repair. This product gets hot and sets fast, so you must be quick when you mix the two chemicals together. It levels itself nicely if you spread it first and spread it fast. I practiced a little with the brush (before mixing the chemicals) to be sure I knew where I wanted to apply it first. I was glad this product was available, otherwise I would need a new tub.
on September 30, 2010
I had a couple of chips in a metal bathtub that is almond-brown in color.

The almond color of this kit is much lighter than my bathtub - it would have been nice if they included a couple different mix-in colors.

The process was pretty easy, I cleaned the chipped areas in my tub well, mixed the ingredients together including the almond color additive, then painted it on with a brush.

I think I brushed it on too thick, as the repaired area is raised up, but at least it covered it well. The dried repair surface is very hard, I expect it to be quite permanent.

Work fast, it hardens quickly.

It's not a perfect repair kit, but I'm satisfied with the results - I didn't expect a perfect repair.
on July 28, 2010
First, a caveat:
This is NOT a refinishing product. It is a PATCH. It will look like a patch, smell like a patch and never, ever make your tub ready for a Better Homes and Gardens photo shoot. Tub refinishing is expensive. If you spend $[. bucks and think your tub will look like new, you are a moron. You can tell the people who reviewed this poorly are morons with unrealistic expectations.

The bad news:
The kit says will repair a 5" crack. No, the fiberglass strips were short. The kits were less than 4" in one and the other was 4.5" the end of the shorter piece was so badly frayed so only about 3.5" was usable.

I had a 7" crack in the shower pan of my RV so I had ordered two kits. I had barely enough to repair the crack.

The almond pigment is useless, there is too little and the epoxy resin still comes out white, it also takes up valuable time mixing in the pigment. Chances are your almond has yellowed with age, so don't even bother mixing it in. The repair still will look white and since this stuff SETS UP REALLY FAST, use the time to get the repair correct. If you need it look good to sell the RV, get some spray paint and sandpaper.

Did I mention this stuff gets hard FAST? I MEAN FAST! Make sure to drill about a 1/4" hole at each end of the crack to prevent spreading, get all your tools ready and WORK FAST!!!!! If you don't you will have a mess.

The good news:

Fixed a really bad crack 100% for about $30, a new shower pan would have cost hundreds, plus been a nightmare to install (professional installation would have brought the total bill well over $500-$600).

It took about an hour to do from prep through clean up and the shower was ready to use in eight hours. A bit ugly but completely repaired for less than 1/20th of replacement cost.

I'm sure this is made in China or India... I called the Manufacturer ( [...] ) and complained about the poor quality of the fiberglass and uselessness of the almond pigment. They were polite, apologized and are sending me a free kit for any future cracks.

While not 100% satisfied, it did work better than expected and saved me several hundred dollars. I would use this product again.

Did I mention this stuff sets up fast?
Good luck!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 28, 2010
A large chip in my refinished shower's shelf had to be filled in with epoxy putty. The "white" putty I used was actually more of a gray tint, so there were three different colors to cover up. Unfortunately, all three are still very visible. I did not use the white fiberglass cloth, which would have covered up the various colors.

Also, the epoxy ran down the wall a little. The top looks nice and flat, but the bottom has a bump all along the bottom edge of the patched area.

As other comments noted, you need to be fast. It took me 3 minutes or less to get it all mixed up, poured into the plastic, and ready to start "painting". It was too tacky at 5 minutes. Remember to start your timer as soon as you pop the seal between the resin and the hardener.
on April 24, 2013
First, I thought this wasn't work. But for $12 buck only? I give it a try. I glad I did. It does the job fantasy. After 24 hours let it dry, it become very hard. I captured a video when I doing it, and I create a video let you guy see how I done. Hopefully it help :)
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 5, 2012
I have had a crack in my shower for a while now and decided to try to patch it. This kit caught my eye and I purchased it. If you follow the instructions exactly, it comes out great! You have to work quick so it doesn't harden. It takes about 8 hours to cure but the repair looks great and its holding! I highly recommend this product
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 18, 2011
used this to fill a shower base crack. Worked great for three months and then started to peel off and turn yellow.
Now I'm having to re-do it again. I followed the directions and it still didn't last. Would not recommend this product to fix a crack in a shower base.