4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money for Perl developers
Published on April 25, 2011 by E.B.

I initially tried to follow the examples and methods to implement a product but found that routing had changed substantially with release 3.0. I still refered to it for some techniques because it was dived deeper than the updated version written by someone else.

Published on August 7, 2011 by Eugene Katzman

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money for Perl developers, April 25, 2011
This review is from: Developing Web Applications with Apache, MySQL, memcached, and Perl (Paperback)
I picked this book up because it covered memcached, which I'm not familiar with and wanted to learn, as well as Apache, MySQL, and Perl, all of which I know very well, but I like to see other people's views and practices. The book is fairly modern, I had bought it in 2010, and it covers object-oriented Perl and, I was surprised to discover, Moose (the latest Perl OO framework).

Although this book is not the last book anyone interested in any of the topics will probably buy, it certainly will allow developers not familiar with the technologies to get a good grasp of the subjects, and more importantly, put it all together from beginning to end. I think that is probably the most important aspect of this book.

Armed with only this book, since everything covered are open source technologies, a user could dive deeper into any subject with just web searches. So maybe it is the last book someone would buy on the LAMP stack.

5.0 out of 5 stars I received this book recently., April 19, 2014
I have not read it cover to cover yet.

But, I am very pleased with the way I was able to purchase this text
at such an affordable price.

I am a single mother who desires to continue her studies independently.

Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Web Development Book in Perl, November 21, 2010
Has been working in Perl over 12 years, but never saw such a comprehensive and detailed book in Perl using LAMP (or accurately LAMMP). I have never worked in Memchached, but the way the author has presented is remarkable and I have become his fan.

While currently most of the world is chasing behind other less efficient and less flexible languages like Java and Python, the author has done a great job in writing such a detailed book on Perl. The author has again compelled me to say that Perl rules in Web Development. All Perl lovers, please grab a copy and believe me, you will not regret. I have already included this in my best set of Perl books.

2.0 out of 5 stars Usefull but out of Date. The example didn't work for many tasks, August 7, 2011

This won't help much if your dealing with the recent releases but would be useful as a reference for those items that hadn't changed with release 3.0 and beyond.

Developing Web Applications with Apache, MySQL, memcached, and Perl
Developing Web Applications with Apache, MySQL, memcached, and Perl by Patrick Galbraith (Paperback - July 7, 2009)
$49.99 $34.91