"I commend this book to you as your springboard to the future of how to make the Net work." -- from the Foreword by Simon Phipps, Chief Technology Evangelist, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
From the Back Cover
"I commend this book to you as your springboard to the future of how to make the Net work."
-from the Foreword by Simon Phipps, Chief Technology Evangelist, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
This hands-on developer's guide to Web services prepares you for the next level of distributed computing. The authors clearly show how to implement and deploy Web services using Java while also explaining the fundamentals from the ground up. After providing a detailed introduction to Web services, they walk you through the Web services architecture and its core building blocks, including standards and technologies. You'll then learn how to develop Web services solutions using Sun Java Web Services Developer Pack (JWSDP 1.0) APIs and how to expose your J2EE applications as Web services.
Focusing on concepts, technologies, and practical techniques, the authors:
* Discuss the evolving standards landscape for Web services, including the important developments to ebXML
* Present the Web services architecture using Java as well as building Web services from existing J2EE applications
* Explore and implement a case study using the Sun JWSDP 1.0 APIs
* Demonstrate Java Web services interoperability with Microsoft .NET
* Walk through the emerging Web services security standards and demonstrate how to implement security in Web services
* Provide examples using Sun JWSDP 1.0, BEA Weblogic 7.0, Apache Axis 1.0B3, Systinet WASP 4.0, Exolab CASTOR, IBM XML Security Suite, and Microsoft .NET
The companion Web site contains all the code from the examples found in the book as well as updates and links to various tools.