Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Developing Person Through the Life Span
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 9, 2012
I personally can't stand textbook prices and I always try and investigate if the "old" version will work for my class. This book is all but identical. Some of the chapters are re-worded but that is all. I would buy this over the "new" version aka a different picture on the front of the book.
on May 25, 2002
I had to read this book for Life Span development at the graduate level. Considering this is a topic that I find dry and borring, this book was excellent and I enjoyed reading it.
It covers Biosocial,Cognitive and Psychosocial development for all stages of life leading up to death with lots of charts, discriptions, and a side bar of definition terminology.
on May 24, 2002
I used this text for my Human Development CLEP and I passed it with flying colors. I would recommend it for CLEP review. It does have its faults though, not enough diversity and lacks a variety of actual tests/studies in the field - which showed me a weak spot in my CLEP review.
on August 6, 2009
I took an introductory Developmental Psychology class during 7 weeks of summer school. This book is really easy and interesting to read, so finishing the whole book for summer school did not put me to sleep at all. What was really helpful were the personal experiences and case studies the author adds to make the concepts more concrete. The "Observations" and "Response for" tabs on the margins of the book (ex: response for future nurses or teachers or parents) also fosters learning and understanding the material.
on July 21, 2003
Although this text does lack in diversity, I felt that the content was written in a very easy to comprehend manner. This is a great book for someone who has never had any previous human development or psychology exposure, as it often states the obvious. I used this text for an independent study course with no lecture, so the content I was tested over was straight from the book. This is not a textbook to be intimidated by or even evoke dread of having to use this for a course you will be taking. I think you will be pleasantly surprised once you open it and really start to read it.
on November 29, 2008
I am taking a psychology class on line using this book. I was anxious for the class to start as I thought the subject material would be interesting. It is, and the book is well written and informative. However, now that the class is in its last 3 or 4 weeks, I'm getting a little tired.

Each section is covered in 3 chapters. For example, for adolescence you have a chapter about the biological changes, then about the cognitive changes, then about the psychological changes of that stage of life. After going through almost the whole book like that, I'm a little bored. Also - I don't know if all copies are affected, but for our class, which is using the paperback 7th edition, the publisher did not provide our instructor with an updated set of test questions. So the test questions we have been getting for all 6 tests we've had so far correspond to the 6th edition, not the 7th. This means that the test is supposed to cover chapters 20, 21, and 22, for instance, but it also contains questions from text as much as 100 pages past that!
on August 19, 2013
What more can I say? The book was in excellent condition and shipped quickly, but a text is a text. In terms of information I guess it is okay. The layout and pages are fairly easy to maneuver, I am picking this course up in graduate school and kind of wishing that it were a bit more intensive.
on September 21, 2013
Did what they said except I clicked standard shipping and that is what I was billed for but they sent it priority. Hey that is fine with me. Included all the instructions a great company to deal with.
on March 26, 2013
There's really not much to say about this product.

I give it 5 stars because it arrived on time and was in good condition! There was a little wear and tear, but that's to be expected from a used book. Keeping that in mind, it still passed my standards with ease.

The book was fairly expensive, but nearly all college books are. Due to that, I didn't allow the price to affect the rating and instead searched for the best deal I could find.
on October 2, 2012
The book was in excellent condition. The only problem was that I needed the eighth edition and this book is seventh edition. But the books are almost identical in the text and page numbers so it wasn't that much of an issue.