4.0 out of 5 stars Good Game
This game is extremely fun. Don't listen to the people who never played and refuse to because they have some sort of strange infatuation with the protagonists hair which has nothing to do with gameplay, lore, or atmosphere.

Published 9 months ago by JT

3.0 out of 5 stars updated but not upgraded
I love the hack & slasher games and I like this one because it's more updated but the controls are just the same as the others. You inevitably become a button masher. MY HANDS GET TIRED! It's almost like Bayonetta. The graphics are above average but I just couldn't stay interested
Published 10 months ago by C. Keep

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Game, March 5, 2014
This review is from: Devil May Cry PS3 (Video Game)

Good: The game is what you expect from DMC franchise: demons, fighting, strange landscapes, and the combining of the real world and hell (this time it is limbo.)

Bad: The game is easier than the last installments (aside from 2.) You can raise up the difficulty to nephilim but if you want a real challenge right away then it is better to lay through on Human (easy) to beat the game ASAP to unlock the harder difficulties (beating in human, demon hunter, and nephilim unlock all the same things.) The voice acting is... well it gets better as the story continues. In the beginning it is bad, very bad, with a lackluster script but by the end it is ok, not great.

The bad list looks like it outweighs the good BUT the Goods content actually makes the small bad things not deal breakers. So the game is fun, trying to unlock all the collectibles takes work, and upgrading is to be expected. The story is modern and takes place in what would seem an alternate version of ours, just replace multi-billion corporations with demons. It is very adult orientated compare to the last games. For example Mundus nails his girlfriend in the office, it doesn't show much but it is still there. Cussing is also at an all time high but it is a younger Dante and at least in my life I grew up with a sailor's tongue (constant cussing) and slowed down over the years.

So don't let the neighsayers who never touched the game put you off, just go and get it for your collection.

3.0 out of 5 stars updated but not upgraded, February 27, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Devil may cry reboot., August 20, 2014
This review is from: Devil May Cry PS3 (Video Game)
a lot of Devil may cry fans did not like this game because it's a reboot of the original

to me it's ok a lot of the stuff from the original was retained but in the older games dante and co
could taunt their enemy in this game the game taunts the new dante.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ninja theories best game yet, October 21, 2014
This review is from: Devil May Cry PS3 (Video Game)
Pros: great combat with good enemy and weapon variety. Grappling hook is the best thing to happen to the genre. Good visuals, music and concept. Cons: little on the short side. Ninja theories weakest narrative so far. Don't listen to the nay sayers

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, May 28, 2014
This review is from: Devil May Cry PS3 (Video Game)
I know that this game has gotten some bad reviews around, but as a fan of the DMC series, I still had to try it.

I am so glad I did! While it doesn't contain the same humor we've come to expect from Dante, it does provide an interesting twist on the story. It is an alternate timeline, so going in expecting it to honor the original is just stupid.

I knew it was going to be different, and it was. The graphics style is beautiful. I love the depiction of Limbo. The change from world to world was very well done.

As a character, I liked this new Dante. He does come off as a bit of a douche in the beginning, containing the swagger and bravado of a typical masculine youth, and I enjoyed watching his character change throughout the game, going from selfish to fighting to protect the ones around him.

I would greatly recommend this to people who are looking for something a little newer. People who aren't looking to compare it to the old DMC, because it is not the same. Much has changed.

But it was still pretty freakin' awesome!

1.0 out of 5 stars If you liked the old dmc series don't waste your time, November 6, 2014
This review is from: Devil May Cry PS3 (Video Game)
If you liked the old dmc series don't waste your time. If you want to play it so bad just rent it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, December 4, 2014
This review is from: Devil May Cry PS3 (Video Game)
good game but too short of a story i only got half of dantes upgrades in one full gameplay

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, sounds great, plays great. What's not to love?, September 12, 2014
This review is from: Devil May Cry PS3 (Video Game)
First off, let me set this straight:

Character attitude:
Old Dante was a "punk".
New Dante is a "punk".
Nero (from DMC4) was the one that was "emo".

Character hair:
Old Dante was older and had white hair.
New Dante is younger and you can see his hair is turning white (there is a streak oh white from the very beginning)

So there you go, nothing to be worried about.
Don't let this game pass you by if you are a DMC fan just because of some crazy talk on the internet.

Pros-
Great visuals: The levels, the character models, the limbo effects. All amazing to look at.
Great story and game world: Had me hooked all the way to the end.
Great sound: From voice acting to sword swinging and gun shooting, its all good.
Fun game play: Access to all your unlocked weapons at any time, Crazy combo system.
Huge Boss fights: Nuff said =P
Lots or replay value and additional difficulty levels.
Vergil's coat,...wow! And that hat..... speechless.
Grappling hooks: Nuff said =)

Cons-
Too short? Played through first on "Nephilim" difficulty and took about 10 hours.
Is a little easier than past DMC games... so don't use them yellow continue orbs ya wimp!
Basic enemies all look a little similar (being that most are all made out of junk/trash).
The only way to play as Vergil is a DLC! What a sham!

5.0 out of 5 stars Customer may smile, March 25, 2014
This review is from: Devil May Cry PS3 (Video Game)
Truly an underrated gem. There were quite a few fans who seemed disgruntled when Capcom opted for a reboot rather than continuing the original series, but a good game is a good game, and this remake is great! The things that stood out for me were 1) the lead character Dante. Some would describe him as confident or cocky, I would describe him as utterly fearless. In the face of seemingly impossible odds, he appears unfazed, and always has some cheerful, confident remark at the ready. "Guess what?" he taunts a giant female succubus as he tosses her off a ledge into a fiery volcano, "You've just been dumped!". His bravado is nothing short of infectious. 2) The soundtrack. Even more impressive than the game's gorgeous graphics is the remarkable music. A driving, heavy metal beat, it serves to reinforce the game's torrid pace. One of the best soundtracks on any PS3 game I've played so far. 3) The graphics: visuals in this game are truly beautiful, with some truly memorable depictions of the world of Limbo, the setting for most of the game.
I would say that the only drawbacks are that the story is fairly pedestrian, and that game is also just a tad too short. But these are minor complaints. This is easily one of the best games I have played on the PS3, and I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the original and new Devil May Cry, April 26, 2014
This review is from: Devil May Cry PS3 (Video Game)
I've played Devil May Cry for years (haven't gotten around to playing 2 yet) I must admit that I was wary about the reboot. At first I thought it sounded kinda silly. Once I played it I changed my mind. I love the new Dante and Vergil, and I love what they did with the story. I love the Arbiter weapon the most.

The Gothic castle atmosphere from the original was one thing I loved a lot about the series, but it is not in the new game. The reboot has a modern world setting and I think it is a good change. I hope they make another like the new one to continue as long as the story is good. I would also love to see a game in the original style with the graphics they have today. The story seemed a little at a dead end though, so I'm not sure how that would work out. I'm just getting through with dmc3 now, I haven't played it in probably 8 or so years. One of the top games ever made on my list.

I must say though about Dante, I think he is dumb to side with humans. A human would never care for a half-demon or nephilim. He will learn the hard way I guess. These shows and games paint an unrealistic view of humanity. Humans can't even get along with each other usually.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›