4.0 out of 5 stars Yes
I am a big fan of Johnny Young Bosch's. I wasn't sure about buying this movie, but I thought it was pretty good.
Published 13 months ago by Kerry Ryan Maloney

3.0 out of 5 stars Former MMPR Geeks Will Be Amused
Published on December 20, 2005 by Naia Zifu

3.0 out of 5 stars Former MMPR Geeks Will Be Amused, December 20, 2005
This review is from: Devon's Ghost: Legend of the Bloody Boy (DVD)
I rented this movie simply because it starred Karan Ashley and Johnny Yong Bosch. I knew going in it would be cheesy and low-budget. I knew it starred two former Power Rangers and was directed (and action-choreographed) by Koichi Sakamoto, who also worked on the show, so I figured there would be some influence. So long as you go in knowing that, you're fine. For a slasher flick, there is comparatively little sex or graphic death depicted. It does, however, have a lot of the usual horror movie conventions, both in story and characters. Whether those are meant in parody or earnest, it's hard to tell. Overall, the quality of the story, acting, and production give it the feel of a student project. Though it's a bad movie, I was strangely amused by it, enough that I might consider watching it again. . . maybe at a cheesy Hallowe'en party or something. . .

3.0 out of 5 stars WHERE IS DEVON'S GHOST?, August 18, 2005
John (Wildwood, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Devon's Ghost: Legend of the Bloody Boy (DVD)
I actually enjoyed watching this film, even twice. It was definetely a low budget horror film but the title doesn't fit the movie at all. Devon isn't dead and he has no ghost. Overall I liked it and it was weird seeing Karan Ashley and Johnny Bosch play high school students when they are acutally near thirty in real life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Strike Three... You're OUT!, January 13, 2006
This review is from: Devon's Ghost: Legend of the Bloody Boy (DVD)
I'm completely confused by the title of this movie. For one thing, there is no ghost. For another thing, I don't know who the Bloody Boy is. This is one of those horror movies that you watch and wonder seriously if there was ever a script for it, or if they just kinda made it up as they went along. The story concerns a High School where there's a legend about some kind of murderer who dresses up in a baseball uniform.

This guy makes a weapon out of a bat with a saw blade and goes around killing a bunch of hapless teenagers. It's your basic wanna-be Kevin Williamson slasher with a Baseball Fury from the Warriors. Clichés and boredom follow. All of the high school students are in their thirties, the guys have receding hairlines, and the Asian kid knows karate. Since there is no ghost, it's clearly trying to be a Kevin Williamson movie, and I have no idea what the Bloody Boy is, I've thought up a more appropriate title: I Know What You Did Last Baseball Season.

No script for the movie... Strike one!

Clichéd teen characters who are actually in their 30's... Strike two!

Karate fight between the Asian kid and the Baseball Fury... Strike three! You're outta there!

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, July 21, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars IT'S THE BLACK POWER RANGER!, April 28, 2006
This review is from: Devon's Ghost: Legend of the Bloody Boy (DVD)
Here is another classic, low budget horror example of never judging a film by its cover. Sure the baseball player on the cover holding a bat with a saw blade embedded into it sure seems to promise a fun horror film but you would be wrong. First of all, there's no ghost AND no bloody boy but whoever said there was truth in advertising. The plot concerns the death of young Devon Anderson who was allegedly killed by his parents. Now years later (it's always years later) a serial killer is wracking up a body count by killing students from Canyon High who they believe is Devon...evidently his ghost or maybe that he never really died. Other than that it sticks to the usual slasher clich?'s but doesn't do so with any particular skill or ingenuity. The special effects are terrible. I mean do you have to have taken a film class to know how to make SOMEWHAT believable looking fake blood? Evil Dead did it with karo syrup that you can buy for a couple of bucks. The acting is pretty terrible although one rather amusing casting choice is Johnny Yong Bosch who played the black power ranger on the Power Rangers TV show from 1994 - 1996 as well as in the Power Rangers Movie. But if he's the best actor you have then you are in serious trouble in general. Bad dialog, worse delivery from most of the amateur cast. Not a good movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good watch.., December 18, 2006
This review is from: Devon's Ghost: Legend of the Bloody Boy (DVD)
This movie is good from begginning to end i personally have this movie and dont think you critical critics give it the credit this movie deserves. This movie has a great storyline. In this movie the kids hunted by devon actually fight back which is awsome i think it has a good bit of fighting and makes for a pretty good watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the great slasher movies I've seen, June 21, 2005
This review is from: Devon's Ghost: Legend of the Bloody Boy (DVD)
Based on the fact that I have just seen it, the movie actually turned out to be better than I had thought. I would turn around and own it and put it as part of my collection. I suggest seeing it to find out for yourselves. Enjoy!

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe I was in this., September 27, 2005
This review is from: Devon's Ghost: Legend of the Bloody Boy (DVD)
I was an extra in the movie because they filmed it at my high school, the same high school Karan graduated from. So, I bought it, of course, out of sheer excitement. Only to be left disappointed. Poor script. Poor acting. And none the less, poor movie. I couldn't even watch the whole film because of its ability to get under my skin. I'm sorry, but this is a miss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome Movie, May 22, 2005
This review is from: Devon's Ghost: Legend of the Bloody Boy (DVD)
As far as slasher movies goes, I think that this one was awesome. But why listen to me? Take it home and decide for yourself!

Devon's Ghost: Legend of the Bloody Boy
Devon's Ghost: Legend of the Bloody Boy by Koichi Sakamoto (DVD - 2005)
Used & New from: $3.20