5.0 out of 5 stars An E-Book Must Have For The Dedicated Mother
I had the honor of doing an interview with Kelly about this book on my radio show [...]/the-homeschool-homemaker/2012/12/05/interview-with-blogger-and-author-kelly-crawford.

Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Small
A little disappointed, kinda felt like more effort was put into the promo video than the book itself. Maybe our expectations were too high. Does have some good stuff in it though and has made me tear up a couple times.
Published 12 months ago by Luke Byers

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An E-Book Must Have For The Dedicated Mother, December 14, 2012

I also had the pleasure of reviewing this book and what a blessing it is! As someone in the trenches of homeschooling and homemaking, I have found other books on this subject discouraging.

Kelly's book is different because she openly shares troubled times in her life, the toll surviving the Joplin tornado has taken and the real life everyday struggles of Motherhood. This is done in a tender and encouraging way. Not everyone was raised in a loving and Christian home, had a fairy tale coursthip and and children born without the need for correction. For some Mothers life is war. For some Mothers the very fact that they have chosen to give life, is an amazing feat of courage. For some Mothers everyday is an outpouring and sacrfice unrivaled, and it goes largely unappreciated and unnoticed by the society at large. If not outright ridiculed. And some Mothers are doing a task all their life they were told was unworthy of their time and talents.

This is for those Mothers. My favorite part of this book is where she says "It is enough." I cried when I read this and it spoke to my soul.

This book takes you in its arms, kicks you in your butt and then leads you in the right direction with honest sharing, deep encouragement and practical tips. It will be something I read repeatedly throughout the years and will pass on to my Daughters.

Thank you Kelly for pouring out your soul to nourish others, again.
For anyone needing more encouragement, you can always find it at her lovely website, [...]

Carlotta Royce, The Homeschool Homemaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Short snippets, great survival tips, February 20, 2012
This review is from: Devotions, Advice & Renewal for When Motherhood Feels Too Hard (Kindle Edition)
I love Kelly's heart and passion for motherhood. She is deep in the trenches of mothering yet has not lost her God given vision and purpose! Both her vulnerability and determination shine through in this eBook...and the survival tips at the end are great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical advice and vision for the future, March 27, 2013
As I said in the title, this book offers practical advice for our everyday life with our children, but most of all, a vision for the future: what we should really see in our children, what we should project in them.
One of the most important lessons Kelly brings here is the fact that we need to depend on Jesus Christ for this beautiful and challenging tasks of motherhood. He is the unending source of new strength for every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book, January 8, 2013
this book is wonderful.... so highly recommend. Designed as a short devotional, it's an easy read either as a chapter a day or several chapters at a time. The advice, encouragement and practical thoughts ministered to my heart in numerous ways. It's a book I keep handy and often flip open to be encouraged. I have several quotes from it written down around the house to remind myself often of my value and needed ministry as a mom.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so excited about this book, March 15, 2012
This book is going to be living on my kitchen counter. I too could not put it down. Though it is in perfect length and format to use as a devotional. I so appreciate the Godly profound perspective that the author communicates in this book. It speaks directly to the weary soul. I wasn't even feeling like motherhood was too hard when I read this book. However, her words will change the way I parent. I pray that it will continue to be used to bring out more fruit of the Spirit in my mothering. I intend to keep the book close until these concepts are written on my heart and become my natural responses (as much as humanly possible). The author has managed to illustrate how even the most repetitious and mundane parts of motherhood are so valuable and important. Everything presented is scripturally based. It is all written in such an encouraging, fresh way. I intend to buy my closest friends a copy. Everyone can benefit from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This ebook spoke to me, March 13, 2012
This ebook was so great. It was worth every penny for the book and more. It brought so much to my morning reading. It was good to know someone who has been there. In the trenches everyday. This ebook brings so much understanding, refreshment, and hope. Thank you so much for the encouragement, support, and reminder of God's love and plan for our lives as a wife and Mother. How so very important we are. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars If motherhood is wearing you down, read this book., March 11, 2012
I enjoy reading Kelly's blog, and am very glad I paid such a small sum for the encouragement, wisdom, and gentle admonition (at least for me!) that I found in her e-book. This book is meant to be read in a sort of daily devotional-type format, but I found I just didn't want to stop reading after one short section, and read as much as the demands of my busy household of children would allow. What I appreciated the most about this book is that it pulled my attention away from how hard motherhood can be, and helped me focus instead on the great importance of directing our children's hearts (and our own!) toward each other and toward Christ. It is so easy to let our children's constant demands and quarrels drain us, but Kelly gently reminds us why we are doing this - and for Whom we are doing it. As I read this book, I became inspired to once again take up the challenge, but great privilege, of raising children who will love our Lord. To stop perseverating on how hard it can become but instead taking it day by day, even moment by moment, concentrating on my relationship with my children, showing each of them that I love them and that they are special to me, just as our Father constantly shows us. This book also reminded me that even seemingly mundane tasks (like picking up puzzle pieces for the 10th time that day!) are of great value to our families and thus, to God. And for families with several young children (like ours), I really appreciated the "survival tips" at the end - I needed to be reminded that a perfectly clean house or numerous outside activities are not necessary, especially in this season of life! Now that I have finished the book, I find myself coming back to it daily (or even a few times on those really hard days!) to "recharge" and to redirect my focus back to nurturing the precious souls God has entrusted to my husband and me. If you also find yourself losing focus, getting caught up in how draining everything can be, I'd encourage you to read this book and feel refreshed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this e-book!, February 20, 2012
I bought this book today and read the entire thing in one sitting. It refreshed my soul and refocused my mind on what is most important in life. Kelly offers some great tips for when you feel like you're in survival mode. I appreciate the way she focuses on children being a blessing and that our time spent doing things for them is eternal work for Christ's Kingdom. I highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Small, October 8, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars very encouraging, September 14, 2013
I loved this book! It offers much encouragement for mothers who are going through a tough time. I highly recommend it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›