5.0 out of 5 stars A Bookish Review
4.5 stars

A few thoughts after finishing Devoured.

1. Lucas. Holy Hotness Batman, that man was my favorite kind of uber-alpha hero. He was beyond yummy and definitely the reason I read this one so quickly.

Published on October 10, 2012 by Plurabelle

2.0 out of 5 stars I was not devoured
Published on October 22, 2012 by Book Worm

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bookish Review, October 10, 2012
Plurabelle (Egg Harbor Twp, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
4.5 stars

A few thoughts after finishing Devoured.

2. This book was shorter than I expected, and in many ways certain parts of the story felt a bit rushed while other times i found myself thinking 'okay, let's get on with it.' In fact, i would have to say that 75% of this book was build-up...which is fine, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that i kinda wished we had more (a lot more) Si/Lucas time and less of the cat & mouse game. Having said that, *SPOILER WARNING* when Si finally does decide to give herself completely to Lucas their love scene was well done...if a little short and less descriptive than I would have liked. I mean come on...considering this book is about a man obsessed with the idea of this woman being his submissive, I was expecting a LOT more in the sex scene dept. Not exactly Fifty Shades kind of descriptive, but...just more. In all honesty it felt a little like Snow wanted to gloss over the actual love scene and focus instead on the unconventional love story she was building up to. Which is totally fine. Just being honest with what my expectations were going into this.

3. There were several typos, but nothing out of the ordinary for a self-published book.

4. Okay, one thing that really did bug me? WHY is it that every time I read a book like this (i.e. alpha male Dom tries to get a hesitant woman to be his submissive) there is ALWAYS a psycho ex girlfriend/wife/lover etc in the man's past?!? I mean it is in every freaking one of these books I have read. GAH!!!

5. But in the end....none of my little nit-picky problems with this book really matter because I truly loved this story overall, and I have 2 words for you...THE. ENDING. Probably one of my favorite endings I have read all year. It was sooo well done and perfect. And even though I am thrilled that Si & Lucas' story is going to continue, I would have been okay with this being a standalone, simply because of the beautiful ending.

2.0 out of 5 stars I was not devoured, October 22, 2012
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
With a title like Devoured and all the glowing reviews I expected so much more. I liked the idea behind the story and the idea of the plot. Still do, thought the set up for Sienna going to work for Lucas was well done. But that was about it. What I found most annoying about this book was the lack of any sort of reasoning behind the relationship. For this type of book I want to feel the tension, the heat, the angst. I want to understand why she has a love hate thing for him and why she fights it. But, it just was not their for me. They both kept talking about this undeniable attraction and pull, but don't just explain that it is there, show me, so I can feel it. I did not feel their attraction, and I did not feel much heat. In all honesty I found Sienna to be quite a cold character. Lucas was okay, but his reasoning for wanting Sienna, um I found a bit lame. As for the sex scenes, pretty tame compared to other books out there at the moment. There is to be a sequel, don't think I will bother.
Will I read it again? No
Would I recommend it? NO there are better one out there

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best....., October 22, 2012
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
I really wanted to like this book. I love tattooed alpha male rockers. I like a little BSDM mixed in with a love story. But this book didn't have much of a story. The characters, Sienna and Lucas were not well developed. I couldn't figure out how or when they met and why it was so earth shattering. I thought the 10 day deal described in Devoured would be a little like Insufferable Proximity by Z. Stefani, which I absolutely loved. But no way! The story short of jumped around - I couldn't figure out who Sam was or Cilla. Just didn't make sense.

1.0 out of 5 stars abstain, November 18, 2012
This review is from: Devoured (Paperback)
The premise of this book is good. Girl Sienna falls for gorgeous rock star Lucas while working on his music video. Lucas has a dominate sexual appetite that Sienna can't come to terms with the first time they try to have sex Sienna doesn't want to be handcuffed so he throws her out of his house. The next time Sienna sees Lucas is in court when he is taking over her grandmothers house. They have give and take he still wants her which is confusing because he threw he out of his house the last time they were with each other. Lucas offers Sienna a way to get her grandmothers house again if she will become his personal assistant for ten days and they do not have to have sex. Of course she agrees and they have sex finally. Sienna is threatened by Lucas's ex wife and Lucas once again gets rid of Sienna. It's ridiculous we never find out what Lucas's ex wife has on him we never find out why Lucas dumped Sienna the first time they were with each other. Also, Sienna was banned from all of Lucas's music videos after their first time together why and was it Lucas who banned her possibly ruining her career.. There are to many unanswered questions unless there is a sequel this book was empty. I definitley could have felt connected to the characters if there was more inmformation. At first I thought maybe my kindle didn't down load all of the book but I realized it did the author didn't complete the book. The book had interesting elements the author doesn't explore these elements. We the readers are suppose to take it on face value that Lucas can screw around with Sienna sexually, emotionally almost ruin her career and she will keep taking it even though she has no clue why he does any of the aforementioned. I read this book in a day time wasted that I will never get back.

2.0 out of 5 stars Come on REALLY! with that ending..., October 27, 2012
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
Come on REALLY! that ending was so bad it just left you hanging and the thought of WHAT THE HECK just happened in this book. It was like out of no where and then it ends...
The story line was all jumbled and then not even completed...So much was just left hanging that it did not make sense.

1)What the heck was going on with Sam and Lucas? What did she have on him that is so horrible that she controls his life? Who he can or can not love and that he has to pay her $250K a pop for?

2)What plan was it that Sienna all of a sudden came up with out of the blue that made her decide to move to "Nashvegas"?

3) I thought Kylie was his sister and assistant so why does she all of a sudden move to New Orleans?.

4) Sienna loves Lucas for two years after being thrown out of his apartment for not wanting to be handcuffed, she does not go out with anyone else or have sex with anyone else during that time. He demands she come to him for 10 days and they have sex she capitulates to him and then after 7 days (since he gave her one as a freebee) he demands she take a hike and get out of his life or he will have security remove her?...WOW Then she is all of a sudden having random one night stands with other guys

5) What the heck was up with demanding she still owe him the days he dismissed her for and he supposedly loves her and can't give her up? Well he just did!

6) Okay Cilla...lost me there why she loves him??? why he just sees her as his best friend??? why Sienna is jealous??? Why was that even part of the book???

7)You don't get any answers to so many questions and none of it really makes a lot of sense. The way the book ended it just like I know this author is not that stupid she just threw her book out the window with an ending that was so bad...

8) and the crap with the band members...that was just stupid. no clue what it was meant for in the book

9) how does a woman who is a "doormat" to everyone with no backbone, completely spineless all of a sudden after a week with Lucas and being tossed out again on her ass, become someone so in control and forceful. That just does not happen over night!
Will definitely NOT recommend this book to anyone!

2.0 out of 5 stars What a try hard., October 29, 2012
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
When I first saw this book, I was all "Cute cover. Let's try this." With all the tough lit I had been reading, I was looking for something easy. This was a great easy read in the beginning, but not too far down the road, it became quite... what can I say? Annoying. The character Sienna is a pathetic character that is too easy to read. The story was really predictable. The sexual references were just... ugh. The character would get turned on just by the sound of his voice. What? Just no. No. Completely unrealistic. This book is worth a 2. I give it even that because it wasn't hard to read, which is what I was looking for. I wasn't pleased, but I was asking for it. Stephanie Meyer can write better than this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what the point of the story is?, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
Confused is probably the best word to use to describe how I felt after reading this book. Many of the typical elements of the romance genre were missing from this book - great, you might say, but in the absence of true love overcoming obstacles, and all the other things we might expect to see in a romance, this book didn't deliver anything else as an alternative. Often, the main characters didn't seem to like each other, and we them. This does not a romance make.

1.0 out of 5 stars No good, October 25, 2012
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
I have read the fifty shades of grey trilogy, beautiful disaster, easy, and several other similar books and loved them. But this book did not appeal to me in the least! For one the story line jumps around so much that you forget whats going on. Second the heroine in the book is a complete hypocrite. And third (spoiler alert) you learn all of Sienna's deep dark secrets but left with a cliff hanger about Lucus! I read approximatly 80 books a year and enjoy my quiet reading time, but i must say getting through this book was difficult almost painful. If you liked the books mentioned above i highly recommend skipping this book. Try the perfect game or the boy who sneeks through my bedroom window. Those are better reads. But my favorite is Beautiful Disaster, if you've not read it get it!

1.0 out of 5 stars I hated this book!!!! It was bad, October 18, 2012
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
You know when I first found this book I thought it could be interesting, but after like the fourth chapter it went. Quickly down hill. Sienna she is the kind of weak character i really really hate she is one of those fake tough girls, that tries to act tough and take a stand. Yet give into ever whim of the hero. As for the hero....Can you say creepy dirt bag. He gets his rocks off by controlling everyone and wants to control her. He even says that she will stand up to everyone but him she will submit to him only. He treats her like a dog and she is constantly turned on from the word go. when you put these two together there is nothing of love just sex as a matter of fact there are no words of loves spoken just some have hearted loves sences and some lame ass attempt If a dominance. this book was poorly written with the way the writer left unsaid things. I kept retreading things because I thought I misses read or skipped apart I swear there so many times I wish I had a actual book so I could toss it out the window...I recommend not to waste your money cause this book was crap and am kicking myself for buying it...

5.0 out of 5 stars In 6 hours., December 9, 2012
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
It's 2:05 am. I could not put it down. First Rocker story I've read. I will dream about this one.

Devoured
Devoured by Emily Snow (Paperback - October 9, 2012)
Used & New from: $0.01