5.0 out of 5 stars just what the doctor ordered
We first got one of these to help with reflux. It worked wonderfully! With our next newborn, we were told to use this for the baby to sleep on when congested. Works like a charm.

Published on November 6, 2007 by busymommy

1.0 out of 5 stars Product #FSL-01 means there are two foam pieces and a zipper
Published 15 months ago by C. Severson

5.0 out of 5 stars just what the doctor ordered, November 6, 2007
busymommy (a full house, usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dexbaby Safe Lift Universal Crib Wedge, White (Baby Product)

Not sure what another poster was talking about with a zipper. We have these in every baby bed and none have a zipper, all are one piece of foam enclosed in vinyl with non-skid backing (just like the product description tells you).

4.0 out of 5 stars Slept through the night since day one of using this......., December 17, 2010
I took away a star only because the wedge isn't lifted enough. Likely my fault it lists the description but my pediatrician said my 4 month old needs to be at a 45 degree angle, this one is about 30. She appears to be doing fine with that. It fits perfectly under her crib sheet. I have no idea what the issue is that everyone is talking about with regards to the zipper. No problems here. It fits the exact width of her crib so there's no worry about her rolling off the crib wedge. Here's a couple of things that I had to do:

1) The crib sheet tends to loosen with my baby in her crib. So I invested in fitted sheet holders that clamp the corners together so they do come loose. Easy to find at any target or here on Amazon.

2) My baby wiggles around like crazy! There's no strap to keep her in place so I did what the nurses did at the hospital during her stay: take a towel and roll it up. Make it into a big 'U' and put it right where she sleeps. She sleeps in the wedge, right in the middle of the 'U' Shape! Prevents her from rolling from side to side or sliding off the wedge. It's way less expensive than paying $80++ for the other ones online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wedge. See my suggestion for preventing your LO from sliding down, January 10, 2012
andorm (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
I bought 3 of these - one for each twin's crib, and another one for the changing table. Mine came as a two-piece foam and it was no problem aligning the two pieces together. I keep these under the sheet+ waterproof mattress cover, and the "seam" between two pieces of foam is no problem with this setup.

We also had the issue of our girls sliding down on these after a couple of hours. We tried rolling a towel and tucking it in as a "U" shape and that didn't work. But we finally figured out a way to keep our girls in place: rolling a towel into a "Y" shape and placing our girls into the "fork" of the "Y". This prevents the sliding. Here's how we do it, also pls see the uploaded image. I recommend using a fluffy bath towel(i think these have more "grip" to them); also, I do swaddle my LOs before placing them in the crib:

- Take a towel, unfold it and lay it out flat
- roll from one side, widthwise, until the middle of the towel
- roll from the other side, widthwise, towards the roll #1, until the middle of the towel
- take a velcro strap, a ribbon or something similar and tie one end of the towel to hold the two rolls together and prevent them from unraveling. Where exactly you place the tie depends on (1) the size of your towel, and (2) the length of your kid. Your towel should resemble a "Y" shape now
- flip your towel over, so that the rolls are facing down, not up, place the towel into the crib and unroll slightly to allow for the width of your kid
- When I put my LOs to bed, I typically align their shoulders with the top of the towel. They stay in place and don't move.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped reflux baby transfer to crib, March 7, 2013
Our son had reflux, so he slept in a Rock and Play rocker bed for the first 6 months. When we tried to transfer him to the pack and play or crib, he just screamed and cried and did not sleep more than 30 minutes at a time (with protest!). Since he was able to sit up and his legs were starting to hang out the end of the Rock and Play, we had to do something!

We bought this wedge (which came in one piece unlike some of the other reviews) and put it under the mattress on the pack and play. We then took two rolled up towels and put them under the sheets on either side of our son. This recreated the feel of the Rock and Play and he slept in it the first time we tried! We also let him play in the pack and play for the few days before the wedge arrived - hoping to create a positive feeling about the thing before having him sleep in it.

I know we're lucky he slept in it right away, but without the wedge and the towels, he would not sleep in it! So, it worked for us. Also, he is now 7 months (two weeks sleeping with the wedge in the pack and play) and he does not slide off the wedge. Not to the side or the bottom. We will slowly start to remove the towels (use smaller ones...) and then eventually remove the wedge. But for now, it works great.

A note: If you are expecting this wedge to be high enough for the recommended reflux elevation, it isn't! It is fairly subtle in terms of lift. So, if your child is still dealing with reflux and needs a significant incline, read the details so you know what you're getting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Acid Reflux, January 5, 2012
I recently bought this for my son due to his acid reflux. This is the perfect incline and helps him sleep without spitting up. I highly recommend this item!

1.0 out of 5 stars Product #FSL-01 means there are two foam pieces and a zipper, August 14, 2013
There has been a debate over which product this is in the comment section. Product #SL-01 is one solid piece with no zipper, Product #FSL-01 is two foam pieces with a zipper. In the product description of this item it lists Product #FSL-01 but doesn't let us know which product is related to each number. I found it difficult to get the two foam pieces to line up, so there's a ridge in the middle of this product which I doubt is comfortable for my baby. As well, the item appears to be approximately a 15 degree angle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, October 9, 2013
Fits perfectly across our pack and play. Just the right amount of lift... Not too much that baby slides down but enough to make mom not worry about her choking in the middle of the night.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, March 7, 2014
This pillow works great! perfect size for the crib. I only wish there was more of an incline or it was adjustable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can be used for Basinet, November 5, 2013
This worked great because it is actually 2 different pieces, one half can be unzipped out so that it fits in a basinet and then can be added later for the crib or pack-n-play. Awesome!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Wedge, September 14, 2014
The Safe lift is a quality product. We were pleasantly surprised by its firmness and ability to withstand a heavy mattress and a very mobile baby.

The product's biggest upside can also be it's biggest downside. The angle is much smaller than a previous wedge that we had. There are times that this angle is just right and times when our little one's nose is stuffy and a greater angle would be more helpful.

All in all this is a quality product at a fair price that will stand up over time.