Top positive review
166 people found this helpful
Excellent wedge. See my suggestion for preventing your LO from sliding down
on January 10, 2012
I bought 3 of these - one for each twin's crib, and another one for the changing table. Mine came as a two-piece foam and it was no problem aligning the two pieces together. I keep these under the sheet+ waterproof mattress cover, and the "seam" between two pieces of foam is no problem with this setup.
We also had the issue of our girls sliding down on these after a couple of hours. We tried rolling a towel and tucking it in as a "U" shape and that didn't work. But we finally figured out a way to keep our girls in place: rolling a towel into a "Y" shape and placing our girls into the "fork" of the "Y". This prevents the sliding. Here's how we do it, also pls see the uploaded image. I recommend using a fluffy bath towel(i think these have more "grip" to them); also, I do swaddle my LOs before placing them in the crib:
- Take a towel, unfold it and lay it out flat
- roll from one side, widthwise, until the middle of the towel
- roll from the other side, widthwise, towards the roll #1, until the middle of the towel
- take a velcro strap, a ribbon or something similar and tie one end of the towel to hold the two rolls together and prevent them from unraveling. Where exactly you place the tie depends on (1) the size of your towel, and (2) the length of your kid. Your towel should resemble a "Y" shape now
- flip your towel over, so that the rolls are facing down, not up, place the towel into the crib and unroll slightly to allow for the width of your kid
- When I put my LOs to bed, I typically align their shoulders with the top of the towel. They stay in place and don't move.