Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: DexBaby Safe Lift Universal Crib Wedge and Sleep Positioner for Baby Mattress
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 1-Pack|Color: White|Change

on January 7, 2013
After reading the reviews, I decided to risk it and buy the product. Unfortunately, I got the two pieces of foam with the zippered cover. It was not expensive enough to deal with the hassle of returning it. It is impossible to get the two pieces of foam to line up well and very difficult to get them into the cover. It also does not fit smoothly under the crib sheet. There is a little "bump" where the wedge meets the mattress.
0Comment|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2015
I was expecting this to solve my baby's sleeping problems due to acid reflux. Well, it didn't. Like some other reviewers have mentioned, this product comes in two separate pieces of somewhat cheap-looking foam. Once you insert both pieces into the cover and zip it up, it becomes a single unit and works ok if your baby lies completely still. I think the foam insert is not dense enough to provide a substantial elevation. If your baby lies on this wedge, the weight of the head will definitely reduce the incline and the baby's head will "sink" in a little, much like a pillow. Also, the cover does not let any air out. Somehow the air comes in trough the zipper when your baby moves, which results in a puffing up effect of the wedge, since there is no way for the air to escape. Another problem is the way the zipper is designed. If you place your baby's head at the highest point of the wedge, the zipper will protrude and could possibly scratch your baby. Instead of purchasing this product, I would recommend visiting your local craft store or buying a piece of denser foam online. You can cut it yourself with a knife or boxcutters and use a regular pillowcase, which will yield much better results than this wedge.
0Comment|117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2011
Our 3 month old daughter has horrible GERD since birth. She's on meds, special formula, cereal added, we keep her upright for feedings and for an hour afterwards, etc. We were able to raise the head of the bassinet which she quickly outgrew, but not the new crib. Our pediatrician whose son also had severe GERD basically said good luck because she's going to probably have to sleep in her swing until she's a year old. No way do I want to do that! It's fine for a nap, but she never sleeps as deeply in her swing and she really needs to be trained on good sleep habits like all other kids or she'll have problems all her life (and I'm speaking from experience, I had her same issues as a kid and have had lifelong insomnia -- now I know why). This under the mattress is working well for us for right now. During the transition from the bassinet, we had to put this in the middle of the crib for a few nights with a towel around her to keep her from sliding down and from freaking out. The first night we didn't do this and it was a disaster even though we'd introduced her to the crib earlier with no problems. She moved in her sleep and when she couldn't figure out where the heck she was with all this space and even with my picking her up immediately (we co-sleep in the same room with her) she screamed and fretted for a good hour (staring at me as if she wanted to make sure it WAS Momma and nothing else had changed! so sad but adorable at the same time!).

When I went to remake the crib once she was used to it (we just kept spreading the towel around her until she was used to the extra room, it took 3 nights) and I moved the wedge up, there was a VERY unsafe gap. While someone (MIL....sigh) suggested that if I *had* to 'mess with it' to just roll up towels, but this is so not a good idea. Very dangerous! Instead I put this under the mattress and it solved the problem even if the angle doesn't seem to be quite as high. As far as wedges go, this is a decent price although the price fits the cheap quality (two pieces and it off gases terribly). We're going to replace this as soon as we find something that works better (and is safer and made with better materials).

So yes, it works, but I can't recommend it.
0Comment|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2008
I purchased this product and wish I had paid attention to the one negative review it received. This wedge comes in two pieces and it does have a zipper down the middle. The zipper, although on the back, still pokes out and can harm a child. This is so poorly made I am shocked they try to sell it! Moms out there, please beware when purchasing this exact product!
0Comment|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2012
I bought 3 of these - one for each twin's crib, and another one for the changing table. Mine came as a two-piece foam and it was no problem aligning the two pieces together. I keep these under the sheet+ waterproof mattress cover, and the "seam" between two pieces of foam is no problem with this setup.

We also had the issue of our girls sliding down on these after a couple of hours. We tried rolling a towel and tucking it in as a "U" shape and that didn't work. But we finally figured out a way to keep our girls in place: rolling a towel into a "Y" shape and placing our girls into the "fork" of the "Y". This prevents the sliding. Here's how we do it, also pls see the uploaded image. I recommend using a fluffy bath towel(i think these have more "grip" to them); also, I do swaddle my LOs before placing them in the crib:

- Take a towel, unfold it and lay it out flat
- roll from one side, widthwise, until the middle of the towel
- roll from the other side, widthwise, towards the roll #1, until the middle of the towel
- take a velcro strap, a ribbon or something similar and tie one end of the towel to hold the two rolls together and prevent them from unraveling. Where exactly you place the tie depends on (1) the size of your towel, and (2) the length of your kid. Your towel should resemble a "Y" shape now
- flip your towel over, so that the rolls are facing down, not up, place the towel into the crib and unroll slightly to allow for the width of your kid
- When I put my LOs to bed, I typically align their shoulders with the top of the towel. They stay in place and don't move.
review image
55 comments|166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2007
We first got one of these to help with reflux. It worked wonderfully! With our next newborn, we were told to use this for the baby to sleep on when congested. Works like a charm.

Not sure what another poster was talking about with a zipper. We have these in every baby bed and none have a zipper, all are one piece of foam enclosed in vinyl with non-skid backing (just like the product description tells you).
on March 7, 2013
Our son had reflux, so he slept in a Rock and Play rocker bed for the first 6 months. When we tried to transfer him to the pack and play or crib, he just screamed and cried and did not sleep more than 30 minutes at a time (with protest!). Since he was able to sit up and his legs were starting to hang out the end of the Rock and Play, we had to do something!

We bought this wedge (which came in one piece unlike some of the other reviews) and put it under the mattress on the pack and play. We then took two rolled up towels and put them under the sheets on either side of our son. This recreated the feel of the Rock and Play and he slept in it the first time we tried! We also let him play in the pack and play for the few days before the wedge arrived - hoping to create a positive feeling about the thing before having him sleep in it.

I know we're lucky he slept in it right away, but without the wedge and the towels, he would not sleep in it! So, it worked for us. Also, he is now 7 months (two weeks sleeping with the wedge in the pack and play) and he does not slide off the wedge. Not to the side or the bottom. We will slowly start to remove the towels (use smaller ones...) and then eventually remove the wedge. But for now, it works great.

A note: If you are expecting this wedge to be high enough for the recommended reflux elevation, it isn't! It is fairly subtle in terms of lift. So, if your child is still dealing with reflux and needs a significant incline, read the details so you know what you're getting.
on December 20, 2014
Baby hasn't slept on a flat surface. Even in the hospital his little thing he laid in was elevated. After numerous attempts of getting him to sleep in his crib I realized that he does NOT like to lay down flat. He also doesn't like to lay flat during diaper changes or in his Pack N Play. So I thought I'd try this & it works great!!
on December 17, 2010
I took away a star only because the wedge isn't lifted enough. Likely my fault it lists the description but my pediatrician said my 4 month old needs to be at a 45 degree angle, this one is about 30. She appears to be doing fine with that. It fits perfectly under her crib sheet. I have no idea what the issue is that everyone is talking about with regards to the zipper. No problems here. It fits the exact width of her crib so there's no worry about her rolling off the crib wedge. Here's a couple of things that I had to do:

1) The crib sheet tends to loosen with my baby in her crib. So I invested in fitted sheet holders that clamp the corners together so they do come loose. Easy to find at any target or here on Amazon.

2) My baby wiggles around like crazy! There's no strap to keep her in place so I did what the nurses did at the hospital during her stay: take a towel and roll it up. Make it into a big 'U' and put it right where she sleeps. She sleeps in the wedge, right in the middle of the 'U' Shape! Prevents her from rolling from side to side or sliding off the wedge. It's way less expensive than paying $80++ for the other ones online.
on April 28, 2015
I'll be honest, I was surprised when this product came in a rather small box, I thought I've been tricked and would send it back. Turns out it was just a very interesting packaging: the wedge is in two halves that come together and are held by the waterproof protecting covering that has a zipper on it. Cool, I'll give them that.

So I'm using it for my now 8 month old daughter who has mild reflux (she has to sleep elevated, otherwise she can't sleep without waking up screaming in pain). I've used it since she was under 7 months old and so far it's been great, no screaming. The wedge fits very securely into our crib (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80248525/). My only wish is that they would also make a wedge with a higher elevation angle, I would have definitely found that very helpful early on when my daughter's reflux was more severe.