5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Fun Toy At A Reasonable Price
No reviews here yet, so I thought I'd be helpful and do a quick one.

Most RC cars and trucks require an expensive handheld remote to be packaged along with the toy, but a new kind of toy relies on something you might already have, a smartphone, then saves the cost of producing the remote.

But smartphones can do more than basic remotes. Because they...
Published on October 18, 2011 by Kerton

1.0 out of 5 stars Company no longer exists
The company that ran this product no longer exists. App is no longer available, webpage is invalid and costumer support is also non existant.
Published 9 months ago by William Ortiz

1.0 out of 5 stars Company no longer exists, October 29, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Fun Toy At A Reasonable Price, October 18, 2011
Kerton (Pleasanton, US, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dexim DXA013B4 AppSpeed Monster Truck for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad (Black) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
No reviews here yet, so I thought I'd be helpful and do a quick one.

But smartphones can do more than basic remotes. Because they are expensive computers with accelerometers and touchscreens, the controller can provide battery information, tilt control, touch control and more. This RC truck does all that.

I do not yet own one of these, but I tried it at a trade show, and found it lots of fun. There is a similar car product that doesn't handle carpet very well, but this truck model is fairly versatile.

The toy does not use the phone's wifi or bluetooth, but instead needs you to plug in a RF transmitter to the phone's port. I'm sorry, but I don't know the range of the controller since I only used it up to 8 feet away.

You should probably know that the toy is small. About the size of a fist.

I have bought one, and will provide a better review after I receive the shipment.

UPDATE:
Now that I have one, I can confirm that what I experienced at the trade show is correct. My kids like to play with this. I just charge it up in my USB port or my smartphone charger, and they play with it for 20 minutes or so.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, January 3, 2012
I was really excited because I knew my son would love to be able to use his new iPod touch as the controller. However, after he tried to charge and use the truck, we discovered that it does not work. We need to send it back. Very disappointing!

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Work Out of the Box, January 24, 2012
This product did not work at all. I installed the iPhone software, charged it fully, inserted the iPhone controller and... nothing. Wouldn't steer, move or anything. Contacted the seller and, although they replied, they had no useful suggestions.

2.0 out of 5 stars it is just about the idea, October 21, 2011
this toy could be much faster and has a beter quality, the box is good but the toy it self is standerd.
the batery runs out fast and it makes loud sound when it moves but it can be recharged fast also.

1.0 out of 5 stars False Advertising, December 27, 2013
This product states that it is able to be used with an iPhone or iPad. The app is no longer available and the company has apparently gone out of business. Do not buy this item. You can not use it without the app. Horrible product and description.

5.0 out of 5 stars SupaStar541, June 13, 2014
Great loved it works awesome! Easy to set up and use. Surprised how fast it is! Battery last for a while.

4.0 out of 5 stars truck, May 13, 2014
the truck is well worth the money. The battery does not last long but it is extremely entertaining! would recommend to buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Debatable topic, April 21, 2014
No bigger than the palm of your hand it is cheap but, my 5 year old son loves it and that's all that matters. It made me a happy mother.

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!, February 24, 2014
It is awefol. Doesn't go fast at all. Never waste your money on this junk. I got it thinking that it would be good. It's not though

Rate and Discover Movies