Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dexter: The Complete Series Collection [Blu-ray]
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on November 12, 2013
So I just received this in the mail and I was really excited to see how it came out. I was happy and disappointed at the same time. Overall the product looked very nice and is an awesome addition to my Dexter Collection, but I felt it could have been much better.

The Box:

Very nice, it has "Dexter: The Complete Series" printed on both sides. The "wood" finish isn't really wood, but a paper cover instead. The numbering on the inside is also paper. It Top of the box starts at "1" but the bottom of the box starts with "42." That may be hard to understand but it doesn't seem like it should be that way. The only problem I had was the top and bottom of the box didn't line up. The top was a little shorter than the bottom.

The Inside:

This is what disappointed me the most. The "Blood Slides" that held the disc in was only one sided. Half of my DVD's were already popped out and it was frustrating. I don't know why they could have added a second side to secure the disc inside. Another thing, though minor, was the fact that there was a clear, transparent "thing" I don't want to say paper but I can't think of the word right now. It was placed on the other side of the disc holder to make it look like a blood slide. It had a red circle and gave it the real feel, but instead of imprinting it on the case, it was taped on to the back. Some of the slides didn't match up with each other so that was frustrating as well.

The Grafix Art Book:

It was a nice addition, it just added some artwork and photos that were taken throughout the seasons of Dexter. It even had the season prints that I really liked. It was a nice addition but nothing super special.

Overall, I still think it is a very nice product, maybe not worth the $219 price tag, but if the price ever drops, I would definitely buy it. This is a piece of Dexter Memorabilia that you will be glad to make apart of your collection.

This is also my first review so I tried my best at explaining everything.
99 comments|200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2014
Item not as pictured: dvds come in cardboard box not the wooden box as shown, no artwork, no extras. Disappointed.

Item not as described. The site says you are purchasing: grafix picture book, wooden box, dvds, & disc cases that resemble the blood slides. What you get: just the dvds in cheap clear jewel cases in a cheap cardboard box (no 'blood' like pictured, no wooden box and no pictures). Picture needs to reflect what you get and discount/refund given for fraudulent advertisement.

Email received after inquiry:
spr_media - Amazon Marketplace <dxp09mhd2tnn8rj@marketplace.amazon.com>
5:19 AM (3 hours ago)

to me
I am sorry the Dexter Complete Series did not meet your expectations,
it is what it is. If you would like to return it. Please do. Amazon wants
and expects only complete customer satisfaction. I assure you that
you purchased what I received as the complete Dexter DVD series collection.
I am sorry.

--- Original message ---

I just received the Dexter dvd collection in a cardboard holder box; item is definitely not as described. The description and picture shows a nice wooden box, an extra dvd, and a graphix picture book but I didn't receive any of those nice items. Please help?
review image
22 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2013
Very disappointing quality. A cardboard box covered with woodgrain paper. Cheap jewel boxes with cellophane covers. At $238.00 I was disappointed ; at $450.00 I would be angry.
0Comment|136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2013
Keep in mind that I am in no way reviewing the show Dexter, I am obviously a huge fan to have had purchased this complete series set, that being said...Dexter: The Complete Series Collection [Blu-ray] is a HUGE disappointment as far as presentation and quality. The first and most important thing to take away from this review is: THE BLOOD SLIDE BOX IS NOT WOOD!!! It is contact "wood looking" paper over cardboard, some plastic and whatever else. Isn't the idea of this box set to have it as an awesome display piece?!?! God forbid this gets a little damp, or accidentally banged into, its going to take nothing to ruin this "box". Now lets talk the "blood slides" that hold the blu-rays. These discs are housed in an open faced dvd case with a clear plastic backing with a blood design glued on by 4 extremely small dabs of glue. This came shipped with none of them broke, and no scratches on the discs, which I am extremely surprised at. All it's going to take for the backing "blood" side of the case is some mild use, and the actual case will no doubt crack on a single impact drop on the floor. Not all is lost on this set though... The book "Grafix: The Art of Dexter" is absolutely gorgeous, the book is covered in a nice glossy finish and the pictures include everything from the promo shots, to fan submits, to the season main shots. The bonus disc is also a nice perk for purchasing the box set with some nice inside looks. Bottom line, this is my favorite show, enjoyed by so many of my close friends and family members. Am I glad that I have every episode in stunning blu ray quality to watch at anytime I desire? Absolutely. But if you already started your collection by picking up a few season, DO NOT waste your money on the complete series collection, as the only really nice thing you get with it is the complimenting book.
11 comment|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2013
I own quite a few box sets, and this is the coolest looking one I have. I love it. I would have paid full price.
review image
on December 31, 2013
The programme is awsome the box set is diabolical.

On all the sites I’ve been it looks a very deep and sinister blood red colour. Even I was firmly in the camp of “I want one of those”

My first impression when I saw the box set was, “have I ordered the correct one” to which I was certain I had. As she so excitedly unpacked everything and opened the “box” it slowly became very much apparent that I have just spent a small fortune on something so horrifically made on the cheap. I even had that sinking felling, the gulp and the knot in my stomach when I came to realise what I had actually purchased and let me tell you I was a hell of a lot more expensive when I purchased it, than it is now and I had to pay £95 (yes that’s right) to import it. But it still came out cheaper than most places in the UK to get this from, but not by much mind.

Whoever made this should be ashamed of them selves. The colour is not as deep as many of the pictures I have seen promoting this product. This is not so much of an issue as that is to do with how the product has been photographed so I’ll let that slide.
But as for the rest, OH MY DAYS. The box is toughened CARDBOARD WITH WOOD PRINT. It has brass or brass coloured clasp and hinges to which in my mind won’t stand the test of time in the cardboard housing. The DVD are housed in cheap plastic sleeves, inside the box is more cheap plastic to keep the DVD in the top again is cardboard with wood print with more cheap plastic. It also looks like a blind man assembled it in a hurry. I was so embarrassed when my gorgeous girl opened it you didn’t have to be a mind reader, it was written all over my face. For the small fortune it cost to buy it I am astounded by the poor build quality. If they did want to make it cheap then use cheap wood. It last and looks a hell of a lot better than cardboard. This is a COLLECTORS EDITION BOX SET and you expect for the money some sort of quality to the product you have just purchased. I feel I have a collectors edition box set knock off a dodgy market stall. I was left deeply embarrassed about the whole thing and feel very much as if I have been conned and very angry. This was a birthday gift otherwise I would have sent it back, but did not open it for obvious reason.
Don’t bother wasting your money. I can’t see it lasting long unless you put it in a glass sealed box out of the sunlight where know one can see your embarrassingly cheap attempt at a collectors edition box set.

I will know be attempting to make one from REAL WOOD.

Shame on you.

Oh btw saw the review about this box set not being for their Zone/region they are from. All I have to say to that is you are a fool and should not be shopping on line if you it gives you all you need to know on the page look:
Region: Region A/1 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)
on January 17, 2014
Very space inefficient & poor quality packaging. Cardboard with paper to look like wood. This could have been done much better for the money.

Update: I just finished watching the entire series, and I have to say I was very disappointed in the quality of the DVDs themselves. A couple were warped such that they rubbed inside the player making a loud scratching sound when played, others had surface defects which caused screen flickering and image distortion, making it very hard to watch the episodes on those disks. No amount of cleaning the DVDs helped them play. The manufacturer's quality control seems to have been non-existent. I am extremely disappointed in this product and cannot recommend anyone purchase it. Get your Dexter fix elsewhere.
on November 13, 2013
Seriously???? A cardboard box that "looks" like wood to hold the Blu Rays? Cheap, cheap, cheap. Great idea, horrible execution. Don't waste your money.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 12, 2013
Some reviewers bemoan the high pre-order price for the Blu Ray set (about $320 at the time I'm writing this). Don't pre-order at this price. Wait until Black Friday, when Amazon offers many popular sets at significant markdowns. Last year on Black Friday, Amazon had The Lord of the Rings complete extended editions blu ray set for $49.99 (list price $120), and similarly steep markdowns on The Dark Knight trilogy and complete Harry Potter on blu ray, and many others. I wouldn't be surprised to see Amazon or other retailer offering the Dexter blu ray set for $199 on Black Friday or at some point during the holiday shopping season, and it would be a shame to have paid over $300 for it.

EDIT November 11, 2013:

Amazon is starting their black-friday deals early this year. They've dropped the price of this set (Blu Ray version) from $320 in September to $270 in October to $220 now.

For $220, this set is worth considering: it comes to $27.50 per season, plus you get a lot of cool extras and collectible packaging.

Will Amazon reduce the price even further? They won't tell us. So we have to guess whether $220 is the best deal we're gonna get. Hold out a bit longer and you might save a few more dollars if they lower the price again--or they might raise it back to $270 or $320. I'd rather not chance it.
1212 comments|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2014
I am glad I waited patiently before purchasing this. I had a feeling there will a price drop for this set since not everyone (like me) can afford to pay that much money! Thank you, Amazon.com and Showtime! I am happy camper right now. The show is really great.
1212 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse