Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

I give this five stars for the show, but one star for the price. Dexter is a great show and I consider it a must watch television show. But the price of this bundle is kind of ridiculous. At the time of writing this review you could buy the individual Blu-ray disc seasons for $205 a savings of almost $50. So please go buy them individually and save some loot.

But if you're new to Dexter make sure to watch them in order the show is great when you know all the characters and their back story. And season eight will be the final season so what better way to prepare than watching all seven.

Another thing you might want to keep in mind is that at the end of season eight you can be sure there can release a "collectors edition" probably for around this price so you might want to hold off and wait for that. I'm sure it will be out before Christmas.

Thanks for reading I hope this helps!
This product contains Seasons 1-7 of the Showtime original series "Dexter". In honor of the eighth (and I believe the final) season - coming summer 2013 - I will be watching all the episodes of Dexter from the beginning. If you like the show but don't yet own the seasons on blu-ray, then this is the perfect bundle for you. If you've never seen the show, then I encourage you to give it a chance. I know some people who are put off by the premise of a blood spatter guy who moonlights as a serial killer, but I assure you the series is much more complex than that and you really enjoy the characters and the story. This blu-ray bundle is the perfect way for you to catch up with this great series.

Although it's not for everyone, I really enjoy the dark themes presented in the show. It's a constant struggle for Dexter to keep his work a secret -- he works for Miami-Metro Homicide department, surrounded by the very people looking for him. And while certain characters are glad that someone is ridding the world of bad people, there are many other characters who see Dexter's actions as an insult to law enforcement and the criminal justice system. Being the rational and peaceful person that I am... Dexter's actions on the show are not justified from my perspective. But it's still fun to watch someone on television who embraces the darker side of his personality and channels it to potentially rid the world of criminals. You are stunned to find that you come to like the main character - who would've thought that a killer could be this likable?

There are some seasons that are better than others (Seasons 3 and 4 are my personal favorites), but I think they are all worth a watch because each season is essential to the story. The show looks into Dexter's past traumas; sometimes the writers put him into adversarial relationships with other serial killers; and throughout the series Dexter is exposed to various ideas about family, fatherhood, and faith; and eventually his secret is discovered by those closest to him. It's all a marvel to watch unfold. This is one of the best shows and best performances on television.

** Amazon's prices constantly change, in some cases it might be cheaper to buy the seasons individually rather than as a bundle.
on September 11, 2013
While the artwork seems correct and states that the discs are legitimate SHOWTIME product, the video quality of this collection ranges from horrible to poor, like bootleg copies knocked out from Donnie's Dubbing Den. The first two seasons had focus problems so variable that my eyeballs felt sucked from my head.
Then there are the freezes that occur at crucial moments, not to mention the blocky pixilation scattered throughout.
Resolution improved as the series progressed but never quite rose to the level of 480p.
If you're no great fan of all that HD and 1080p stuff, or you're still watching your favorite VHS movies, this series is watchable-but just.
on July 15, 2013
Of course some seasons are better than others, but overall this is a great series. The seven season pack is a good deal (much better than purchasing the seasons separately) and it is neatly put together. It adds nicely to a movie collection.
on September 16, 2013
We adore the series but, so far, at least one episode (Season 4 Season Finale) would not play on our DVD player in the living room, the bedroom, the kitchen, the car, or my child's Fisher Price DVD player - it comes up as "unrecognized format". BUMMER
on June 13, 2014
I love this show so purchasing it on dvd was a must in order to be able to rewatch it whenever I want. I love the dark humor and think it is the best written show on tv. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because the price was a little high and there was several moments when the video quality was not perfect. Other than that it was highly enjoyable!
on October 31, 2013
I was watching Dexter from the very beginning and somehow fell behind. I was so very sad but we couldn't catch up. I finally broke down and tried to rent the seasons and that was too frustrating. So now we bought the entire series and can watch it from start to end as we like! I have read the books and I don't know what I will do when the series ends!!!! How will I fill the void?!?!?!?!
on August 18, 2013
The only bad thing about this set is that you don't have the option to have subtitles. Other than that, great series and great price!!
on April 13, 2013
As of 4/13/2013, it is cheaper to buy the stand alone seasons instead of this pack. The total for the individual seasons is $234.58 before any tax or shipping.

I think they are all on sale, however.
on May 7, 2013
Do yourself a favor and get the season 1-6 bundle on here and pre-order season 7 alone. Saves you nearly 40 bucks this way. Plus, you'll get to catch up on the previous seasons without having to wait until season 7 is released.