5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great to about 30 feet - didn't leak at 75
Published on January 11, 2012 by Off Belay

3.0 out of 5 stars Be very sure you need this size
Published 17 months ago by David

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great to about 30 feet - didn't leak at 75, January 11, 2012
Off Belay (Woodstock, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DiCAPac WP570 Underwater Waterproof Case for Large Cameras (like Canon G5/G7/G9 and similar models) (Camera)
Used for a dive trip to Bonaire. I used it on dives as deep as 75 feet. It never leaked and the pictures were great. After about 30 feet the pressure on the case pushed in the buttons on the camera and I was not able to us it until I ascended above 30 feet. This did not cause me any issues but I did wonder if there were any folks who experienced an unlucky series of button pushes...you know, like "menu" / "format memory card".

I used it on a Panasonic Lumix with a fairly big tele lens and I was impressed at how well it worked.

On down side is it was quite difficult to manipulate the camera controls while in the case, so you need to set it to a mode and leave it there for the dive. I was able to switch between video and photo mode but it was quite difficult.

It is basically a heavy duty zip-lock bag with a velcro closure for added security.

In any case I thought it was great for what it is and would recommend it to others.

3.0 out of 5 stars Be very sure you need this size, March 2, 2013
The camera I have is a Nikon Coolpix S9300, which is slightly larger than many point and shoot cameras. I emailed the dicapac folks, and based on the specs, they recommended the wp570. The s9300 is maybe 10mm too long for the WP-ONE's official supporting specs. However, this thing was much much too big for my camera and there was just no way it would stay in position well enough for me to take a picture underwater. I returned it and got theDicapac WP-ONE Point & Shoot Digital Camera Waterproof Case instead (for 1/3 the price) and, although a bit snug, it seals and seems to fit well.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have a Lumix LX3, October 23, 2012
I was going to the Royal Caribbean cruise trip to the Caribbean in less than 10 days and needed a dicapac quick for my LX3 so I researched on the different products and came across this one. I was referred to the dicapac site to find the right fit for my LX3 and they suggested the wp610/wp570. I then went to read about every review that was posted of ANY dicapac to see what other ppl had to say. Since after all, it did seem risky to just risk the life of my precious camera on a cheap plastic cover instead getting the legit waterproof housings. So after reading a bunch of reviews and even watching youtube videos on people testing the housing, I found some people saying that the case was too loose. But no one really had the same make of camera and such. On top of that, both 610 and 570 said they were able to fit G5, 7 and 9... so that was a bit confusing and risky. I think they later added the 570 because most reviews were people talking about the 610 for the lumix.

ANYWAYS, The wp570 was a PERFECT FIT for my LX3. It was indeed a bit loose but the snout was good for the long zoom. So to fix that problem, you just have to grip the camera in the right position so the zoom doesnt hit the plastic of the zoom and cause it to hide back in the camera. The loose fit was actually perfect because it allowed me to press the preview button and stuff. Like stated in the other reviews, in some pictures the snout part of the dicapac would show up in my pictures but its not a big deal since u can just crop that out.

The photographers that took pictures of us underwater in hopes to charge us big bucks for dinky pictures didn't really like me and my dicapac. Alot of other cruisers asked me where I got it too. Overall, no complain with my purchase. LOVE IT.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit Sony RX 100, December 16, 2012
I ordered this item for my Sony DSC RX 100 camera based on the manufacturer's specifications: [...]
The camera lens does not fit the lens opening. Anyone know what model will fit?

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to change settings, April 30, 2012
I didn't even get a chance to check this product for waterproofness because I was disappointed with the fit. I have a Canon powershot SX 230, and according to the DiCapac website this size should fit my camera but the case was far too big. I inserted pieces of foam to try to remedy this, but found that even once it fit I couldn't change any of the settings on my camera (zoom, photo settings, etc.) due to the design. Not super impressed, I returned it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for our trip in Jamaica., April 4, 2014
I used it for my Sony RX-100 camera and it fit just right and produced some excellent pictures and videos without any moisture in the case even with repeated openings.

Here is a video of our trip with the shot being done with the camera in case. Note my submerging the camera into water to clear the lens at 2:02:

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I have underwater videos of great white sharks, November 17, 2012
Bought this for my Panasonic Lumix in order to avoid buying a more expensive underwater camera or the ridiculous case that makes the camera look like a submarine.
So I bought this thing, submerged it in my sink for hours to make sure it didn't leak (it didn't). and then took it to South Africa for cage diving with great white sharks.
A few pictures have the rounded edge of the case in it when I wasn't paying attention and wasn't zoomed out enough. But once I got the hang of it, it was great. I have great underwater pics and videos of great white sharks - without a doubt it was a great purchase. Worked great (about 6 feet underwater, for an hour, very cold) and had no problems. The buttons are tough to manipulate in it b/c the material is thick, but this didn't bother me. I set it to what I wanted and just took pics and videos with it (no problem switching between the two). If you're gonna be super worried about being able to subtlely manipulate the settings, you should probably get a fancy underwater camera.
Great buy

1.0 out of 5 stars Potentially good., April 24, 2012
Like the title says, it has the potential to be a good waterproof case. I bought it for a Canon Powershot G11. The case holds the camera just fine but the lens needs to be zoomed out a bit so that the halo effect of the housing does not show up in the pictures.
There's no other way to keep it in place.
I managed to take a few pictures holding the camera and the plastic housing close together and it did work, but it requires the use of both hands.
I cannot justify the high price of this unit with this big flaw.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, especially for the price. Pain to operate camera in the bag, March 26, 2012
LMH (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
I bought this case for a Canon S95 prior to a snorkeling trip. I also purchased the Dicapac WPS10 for a Canon 7d. Neither leaked, but I will tailor this review for the WP570 bag. I cannot speak to whether it held up to the pressures of scuba diving - I only took this snorkeling and approximately 1-2 feet below the water's surface.

It was cheap and appeared to be decent, based on other diacpac reviews I've seen. For full disclosure, I made sure to insured all my camera gear for damage prior to leaving on this trip - I would recommend the same to anyone who is thinking about putting expensive camera gear under water. Prior to leaving for my trip, I tested both cases submerged underwater for 24 hours. I basically took a small garbage can and filled it with water. then i crumpled up a brown paper bag and shoved it into the case and sealed everything up. Then I put a pot on top of it and filled the pot with water to weigh down the case and ensure everything was actually under water. both cases passed with flying colors. I also got some dessicant packets and put them in with the cameras, just to be safe (they don't really do much, but they were $3).

Long story short, in practical use, this case does the job of protecting the camera from water intrusion - nothing more. While in the bag, the only access to controls are buttons. Zooming is very difficult as the bag will often get in the way of any movements parallel to the bag surface (zoom toggle, roller dials, etc). Basically, you need to set up all the settings in the camera that will be applicable to the shots under water (mine were Av mode, center AF, f/2.8, iso 800). It is incredibly difficult to see the camera screen in bright light - adding an extra layer of wavy plastic and water makes it almost impossible to see. I often had to shoot from the hip and just pray that I was getting the subject in focus (heck, even in frame).

In all, though, I think it was a worthwhile purchase for my trip. The underwater casing for the S95 is approximately $350 the last time I checked, making it essentially as expensive as the camera itself. Additionally, the dedicated hard-shelled underwater case is not usable if we decide to upgrade the camera. Another option would get a separate underwater digital camera, which we considered. However, that would be another $300+, and given what I've seen, would probably be worse than the S95 on dry land by a long shot. I had no interest buying one of those cameras and essentially only using it once. Given the downright cheap price of this bag, I had to give it a try. In my opinion, it really is a nobrainer if you want to have some underwater snorkeling shots.

3.0 out of 5 stars Damaged on 1st Use, July 22, 2014
The VERY first time I used this, I got caught in a wave, and the strap tore right off.

Thankfully, my GF was behind me, and grabbed it before it could float too far away from me.

I did continue to use it, sans strap, and it DID maintain it's waterproof ability, but the fact that the plastic around the straps could tear so easily doesn't bode well for longevity.

Rate and Discover Movies