5.0 out of 5 stars I love the set up by carb amounts
I like the fact that the recipes start at lowest carb amount, to highest. (It also has an index for those who want by ingredient or alphabetical). The recipes I have had all had vegetables. I had chicken with green beans, stew with cabbage, and lentil (that included carrots, and green beans in the recipe) soup.

My family and I have enjoyed every recipe I have...
Published on August 15, 2008 by V. Pennington

2.0 out of 5 stars Is full of slow cooker recipes but...
Published on February 29, 2008 by Donna Capshaw

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Is full of slow cooker recipes but..., February 29, 2008
This review is from: Diabetic Living Slow Cooker Recipes (Plastic Comb)
the majority of recipes that are low carb are not using veggies, just meat. And most have you pre-cooking it prior to putting it into the slow cooker. I want some that all I need to do is dump everything into it and when I get home in the evening I have supper ready, no muss, no fuss. They also use thickeners like flour and corn starch quite often, but these are better left out, you can add your veggies instead and still have less carbs than if you had used the thickeners! Several recipes suggest putting the meal over rice or potatoes, but don't add those carbs into the counts because they are not put into the slow cooker, you would have to fix them seperate. Gee folks, I already knew how to modify existing recipes, I wanted something for us diabetics!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the set up by carb amounts, August 15, 2008
This review is from: Diabetic Living Slow Cooker Recipes (Plastic Comb)

My family and I have enjoyed every recipe I have used so far from this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooking Without Cooking, November 14, 2010
This review is from: Diabetic Living Slow Cooker Recipes (Plastic Comb)
This is a great cookbook. It contains such delcious, healthy recipes, that even if you're not diabetic, you'll be pleased. It is especially wonderful if you're a crockpot cook, as I am.

I appreciate that each recipe has a notation for calories, fat content, fiber, etc., for tracking food intake. I use that feature a lot.

I'd like to see recipes for longer time periods (10-12 hrs, rather than 3-4), and more suggestions as to what to serve with the meal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something for Everyone, June 5, 2012
This review is from: Diabetic Living Slow Cooker Recipes (Plastic Comb)
So many great recipes...something for everyone. Just glancing at the book I already want to try my favorite the Clam Chowder. Also, there are recipes for Thai, Indian, and Mexican soup for the adventerous and many many more. I also love soups & sauces in food so this is great. Best of all, it's one pot in most of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Slow Cooker, February 23, 2013
This review is from: Diabetic Living Slow Cooker Recipes (Plastic Comb)
This book was a godsend. I had no idea how to cook for a diabetic menu. I have used many of these recipes and they were all delicious. Thank you for this treasure of a book. Delivery was fast and the book is in excellent condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Diabetic Living Slow Cooker Recipes (Plastic Comb)
This is a very good book for someone recently diagnosed as Diabetic or pre diabetic. Love it when the recipes state how many carbs it has.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the simple healthy recipes!, May 21, 2014
This review is from: Diabetic Living Slow Cooker Recipes (Plastic Comb)
I have been a fan of Better Homes and Gardens cookbooks for years, going back to the '80's. This book is no exception. Simple ingredients, that "slow cooker flavor" and a healthy dish all around. Whether you have someone in the family who is diabetic or not, I would highly recommend this book, it's a real winner you are sure to enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, April 30, 2014
Bonnie (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diabetic Living Slow Cooker Recipes (Plastic Comb)
I personally would have liked more photos of the dishes; however, they sound wonderful and I look forward to trying many of them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like it., November 23, 2013
This review is from: Diabetic Living Slow Cooker Recipes (Plastic Comb)
Didn't like the recipes. The few that we tried came out bland and mushy. Wound up taking it to the used book store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cookbook, October 4, 2013
This review is from: Diabetic Living Slow Cooker Recipes (Plastic Comb)
really nice book, recently found out I have diabetes, and needed cooking ideas. I will be sharing this book with my cousin who also has diabetes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Diabetic Living Slow Cooker Recipes
Diabetic Living Slow Cooker Recipes by Better Homes and Gardens (Plastic Comb - September 6, 2005)
Used & New from: $0.24