Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Diabetic Living
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on January 28, 2012
I've subscribed to the print magazine for some time now and was pleased to see it available for the Kindle Fire. I already had the print copy when I got my first Kindle copy, so I did a comparison and was very pleased.

I have not had any problems viewing the magazine on the Kindle.

Now for the magazine contents, I enjoy the nice mix of medical information, the day to day tips for living with Diabetes and the recipes. I would definitely. recommend. it to my friends.
on February 20, 2013
I give the magazine 2 stars because it loaded well on my Kindle Fire.

However, I give the content 1 star for its advice.

I admit, I have become a devotee of Dr. Bernstein's book about controlling diabetes. I developed diabetic neuropathy of my fingers last year. Then I read the doctors' book about truly controlling diabetes.

In summation, Dr. Bernstein argues that traditional medicine teaches that diabetics (I am type 1, using insulin) must avoid 'sugar'. Dr. Bernstein states that the real culprit is carbohydrates (carbs), not just 'sugar'. This magazine may be good for the 'mild' diabetic, but I cannot recommend it for anyone else.

I cancelled within the 14 day limit.

I followed his advise about limiting my total carbs to 18 grams, or less, per day. After a couple of months, my diabetic neuropathy was gone. My insulin requirements have gone down.

So! I ordered this magazine on a 'trial' basis on my Kindle Fire. I went to the 'lemon deserts' part. Each recipe stated that it had 16 to 36 carbs per portion. The people of Diabetic Living do not consider white flour (for instance) a 'carb'.

The magazine also advertised as rating the best 'non sugar' substitutes. It was mainly an advertisement for popular sugar substitutes found in any grocery store ((I will note name them) but ignored some of the fantastic substitutes you can find elsewhere (such as "Just like Sugar", made of Chicory Root, and which I highly recommend).

As I learn more about diabetes and carbs, I am appalled (as was Dr. Bernstein) that so many 'reputable' magazines (and government agencies) neglect to talk about 'carbs' and believe that simply substituting some 'non sugar' substitute for 'sugar' will help the diabetic.

I hate, of course, never again being able to have 'carbs', such as potatoes, white bread, etc..However, I do like having my fingers back.
on August 3, 2012
It's really been a treat getting this magazine on my Kindle Fire. Easy to navigate through, lots of information and sites that are quite helpful in learning more and handling better my diabetes. Bonus - not having stacks of magazines all over the house!
on January 20, 2012
I was so excited to see a Kindle magazine about diabetes, loaded it onto my Kindle for iPad and opened the first page. Each time I try to go to the next page, it crashes the Kindle app and returns to my iPad screen.

I have no clue what to do now. Who do you contact? How can I get this fixed?

An update: I just tried again. This time I rotated by iPad so it looked like a book in Portrait mode. No problems yet. I was able to page through 30 pages and EVEN was able to zoom in to make the pages look bigger. I will let you know what I think of the magazine content once I know it is stable enough to use.
on October 24, 2012
I have recently been diagnoised with the onset of Diabetiac. I am trying to control by diet. Diabetic Living has some very good recipes and articles.
on November 23, 2014
There were things I would never make with ingredients I never heard of. If I was younger it might be helpful but it does not appeal to all age groups. It does not show anything new or helpful in the control of your sugar.
on March 29, 2014
Diabetic Living is a great magazine for tips about and recipes for living with diabetes. It is sometimes hard to help curb a sweet tooth and maintain a good sugar blood level. This magazine helps to do that and more.
on May 12, 2015
I've been reading the print version of Diabetic Living for a few years, but when I was notified that my subscription was running out I decided to try it on my Kindle. It is easy just as easy to read and now I don't have to worry about cutting out recipes or articles. It's saved automatically.
on March 25, 2014
Read above. I have tried other magazines about diabetes and this one is tops. I have suggested to friends and family.
on May 30, 2013
I enjoy this magazine and I am not diabetic. My husband and I are on a eating plan that is for diabetics. This magazine has great recipes.