5.0 out of 5 stars Great magazine
I've subscribed to the print magazine for some time now and was pleased to see it available for the Kindle Fire. I already had the print copy when I got my first Kindle copy, so I did a comparison and was very pleased.

I have not had any problems viewing the magazine on the Kindle.

Now for the magazine contents, I enjoy the nice mix of medical...
Published on January 28, 2012 by J. Bassett

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Diabetic Friendly!
I give the magazine 2 stars because it loaded well on my Kindle Fire.

However, I give the content 1 star for its advice.

I admit, I have become a devotee of Dr. Bernstein's book about controlling diabetes. I developed diabetic neuropathy of my fingers last year. Then I read the doctors' book about truly controlling diabetes.

In summation,...
Published 21 months ago by Legalsea

5.0 out of 5 stars Great magazine, January 28, 2012
J. Bassett (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diabetic Living (Kindle Edition)

I have not had any problems viewing the magazine on the Kindle.

Now for the magazine contents, I enjoy the nice mix of medical information, the day to day tips for living with Diabetes and the recipes. I would definitely. recommend. it to my friends.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Diabetic Friendly!, February 20, 2013
Legalsea (Fort Worth, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diabetic Living (Kindle Edition)
I give the magazine 2 stars because it loaded well on my Kindle Fire.

However, I give the content 1 star for its advice.

In summation, Dr. Bernstein argues that traditional medicine teaches that diabetics (I am type 1, using insulin) must avoid 'sugar'. Dr. Bernstein states that the real culprit is carbohydrates (carbs), not just 'sugar'. This magazine may be good for the 'mild' diabetic, but I cannot recommend it for anyone else.

I cancelled within the 14 day limit.

I followed his advise about limiting my total carbs to 18 grams, or less, per day. After a couple of months, my diabetic neuropathy was gone. My insulin requirements have gone down.

So! I ordered this magazine on a 'trial' basis on my Kindle Fire. I went to the 'lemon deserts' part. Each recipe stated that it had 16 to 36 carbs per portion. The people of Diabetic Living do not consider white flour (for instance) a 'carb'.

The magazine also advertised as rating the best 'non sugar' substitutes. It was mainly an advertisement for popular sugar substitutes found in any grocery store ((I will note name them) but ignored some of the fantastic substitutes you can find elsewhere (such as "Just like Sugar", made of Chicory Root, and which I highly recommend).

As I learn more about diabetes and carbs, I am appalled (as was Dr. Bernstein) that so many 'reputable' magazines (and government agencies) neglect to talk about 'carbs' and believe that simply substituting some 'non sugar' substitute for 'sugar' will help the diabetic.

I hate, of course, never again being able to have 'carbs', such as potatoes, white bread, etc..However, I do like having my fingers back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with the magazine, August 3, 2012
This review is from: Diabetic Living (Kindle Edition)
It's really been a treat getting this magazine on my Kindle Fire. Easy to navigate through, lots of information and sites that are quite helpful in learning more and handling better my diabetes. Bonus - not having stacks of magazines all over the house!

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Work Totally, January 20, 2012
This review is from: Diabetic Living (Kindle Edition)
I was so excited to see a Kindle magazine about diabetes, loaded it onto my Kindle for iPad and opened the first page. Each time I try to go to the next page, it crashes the Kindle app and returns to my iPad screen.

I have no clue what to do now. Who do you contact? How can I get this fixed?

An update: I just tried again. This time I rotated by iPad so it looked like a book in Portrait mode. No problems yet. I was able to page through 30 pages and EVEN was able to zoom in to make the pages look bigger. I will let you know what I think of the magazine content once I know it is stable enough to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars diabetic Living, October 24, 2012
This review is from: Diabetic Living (Kindle Edition)
I have recently been diagnoised with the onset of Diabetiac. I am trying to control by diet. Diabetic Living has some very good recipes and articles.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great help, March 29, 2014
Carolyn Williams (Ocala, Fl United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diabetic Living (Kindle Edition)
Diabetic Living is a great magazine for tips about and recipes for living with diabetes. It is sometimes hard to help curb a sweet tooth and maintain a good sugar blood level. This magazine helps to do that and more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Diabetic Living, May 30, 2013
This review is from: Diabetic Living (Kindle Edition)
I enjoy this magazine and I am not diabetic. My husband and I are on a eating plan that is for diabetics. This magazine has great recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY HAPPY WITH MAGAZINE, March 23, 2013
This review is from: Diabetic Living (Kindle Edition)
LOTS OF INTERESTING ARTICLES. LOVE THIS MAGAZINE. GREAT FOOD IDEAS AND GREAT WAYS TO PREPARE EVERYDAY FOODS. WILL ORDER AGAIN.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 5, 2013
This review is from: Diabetic Living (Kindle Edition)
This magazine has Great articles. It has Awesome recipes. And i just Love having it on my kindle to read whenever i want.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am diabetic and it answer questions and has great suggestions., March 25, 2014
This review is from: Diabetic Living (Kindle Edition)
Read above. I have tried other magazines about diabetes and this one is tops. I have suggested to friends and family.

Diabetic Living