3,581 Reviews
 (1,849)

4,019 of 4,537 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars At last, my victory over "good" is complete!
For the last 15 years, as I served as the constant whipping post for thousands...nay, MILLIONS of pathetic worms who have plundered my depths and banished me and my brothers to the soulstones time and time again! NO LONGER! On May 15 in the year of the Panda, 2012, my plan to claim victory over the Nine Hells and the High Heavens has come to fruition! Behold, the...
Published on July 10, 2012 by Diablo

2,769 of 3,081 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Diablo III - easily top in the Hall of Shame
I have been hesitant to write this review for a long while, but after playing 3 out of 5 classes to 60 and 2 above 40 - I don't know how many times I have walked through the storyline and gone through enough classes to figure out the game at this point to make a fair judgement.

I did not want to believe it. I thought the online community was too quick to judge...
Published on June 20, 2012 by Herman Au

‹ Previous | 1290 291 292359 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, May 31, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo III - PC/Mac (Computer Game)
Its a great game a must buy! IM playing with a Barbarian right now and im having fun killing and blowing out mobs, buy this game!

5.0 out of 5 stars This game is fun, May 25, 2012
This review is from: Diablo III - PC/Mac (Computer Game)
This is a nice game. Despite what others say. Bliz had initial problems at startup but have worked through it. I don't mind having internet connected to play it. I like playing the game and having a general chat available with others playing the game. Its easy to join groups and leave groups. Or just play solo. Group when you need to. Cool game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive as always., May 23, 2012
HLB (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diablo III - PC/Mac (Computer Game)
In my opinion, it's all good, which includes the fact that, aside from some relatively minor changes, Diablo III is essentially the same game as its predecessor. That's just fine--Diablo II was a smashing game, and so is D3. The classes are fun to play, if not altogether novel, as some of them combine elements of others we've seen--and enjoyed--before. The graphics are beautiful and atmospheric, and as may be expected these days, much less static than they were twelve years ago. I know some players lament the fact that you still can't pan the camera around freely, but let's face it, most RPGs that let you do this earned little more than complaints about "awkward controls" that hamper the action. The latter is something Blizzard certainly seems determined to avoid, and successfully I believe. Given the hordes of monsters D3 ceaselessly launches at you, would you really want to fiddle with the camera? For what it's worth, the Zoom function now truly zooms in on the graphics instead of merely enlarging the pixels as it did in the earlier games. And that's worth a lot, as the art design is elegant and original, and deserves a closer look. The biggest change is in the way your character's abilities are meted out. No more talent tree, forcing you to lock in your skills. The game decides what you get and at what level, depriving talent tinkerers of some of the flexibility they enjoyed in the earlier games. The advantage of this new system is that you can deploy all the different abilities you have acquired (along with their individual upgrades) at any point in the game. If this particular change doesn't profoundly disappoint you, you'll enjoy Diablo III as much as you did Diablo II, unless you played that one for so long that something of the mad joy of slaughtering legions of monsters and always chasing the next better piece of gear died in you years ago.

Let's not forget about the elephant in the room, of course. You need an active internet connection to play Diablo III. That's active as in "active for the duration of the time you wish to play," not just for authentication. But frankly, the bumpy launch due to this feature notwithstanding, this doesn't bother me one bit. Sure, Diablo III is supposed to function as a single-player experience with online play as an optional feature, causing people to question the logic of requiring a constant Internet connection. But I believe that unless you really do not have Internet access during most of the time you intend on playing--in which case I would naturally recommend against your purchasing Diablo III--this is an academic point. If you're just angry at the fact that Blizzard "went there," but could certainly play D3 with its Internet requirement, don't deprive yourself. Moreover, we should judge the game on its merit, not on what is required to play it. Many recreational activities have, or have added over time, certain entry requirements you need to meet to be able to participate: computer games require access to or ownership of a computer, to play golf you need to be able to afford membership in a club, and without cable or satellite, a lot of televised content will be unavailable to you whereas in the past, all you needed was a TV set and an antenna (so we should hate and boycott all those fancy new HBO programs). Blizzard is simply one of the first major players in the field of computer games that added a new entry requirement for the enjoyment of one of its products. It's a bit shocking, perhaps. But as the software sector gradually moves toward a world where you no longer own physical media but rather lease content, I doubt that they will be the last company to use this method to protect their revenue stream, no matter how busy you get trying to downgrade their ratings in forums like this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, May 23, 2012
This review is from: Diablo III - PC/Mac (Computer Game)
Great addition to D1 and D2. Don't listen to complaints about battlenet and internet connections, we live in 21st century, everyone has internet. The game is awesome.

4.0 out of 5 stars These reviews are false., May 23, 2012
Naiden Read (Eureka, California United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo III - PC/Mac (Computer Game)
The vast majority of bad reviews are from the first or second day the game was out, there were some server problem which are now pretty much over, it runs fantastically.

A bunch of other reviews are complaining that the game is too easy. Well those people need to try a setting other than normal "easymode". I've beaten normal on a Hardcore permadeath character and I've beaten nightmare on a regular character, lemme tell yah, Hell difficulty is no joke, it's harder IMO than in D2. I haven't yet made it to Inferno yet, but from what i hear no one has even beaten it.

Ignore the haters, try the game for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it!, May 22, 2012
This review is from: Diablo III - PC/Mac (Computer Game)
After some launch hiccups, I am loving this game. It's fun and the multiplayer/single player character cross over is worth the always on internet connection. I don't HAVE to have 2 characters to enjoy both aspects of the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for longtime fan, May 18, 2012
This review is from: Diablo III - PC/Mac (Computer Game)
I am aware of some of the downsides such as the always-online component but I have been following the development of the game closely and have had time to come to terms with most of these things or at least calmed the rage enough to see why they chose to go that way. I have had a few issues with server hiccups and if anyone remembers it was waaaaay worse with Diablo 2. Either way I don't consider it enough of a knock to bring this game down from 5 stars. For example if the always-on nature helps the stated goal of helping to curtail cheating, then I'm all for it. I have always considered these to be primarily multiplayer games and since that's where most people spend their time, I can see why they focused on the multiplayer experience.

A lot of new games these days cost $50-$60 and I would say most don't deserve that and end up quickly becoming priced to what people actually want to pay for it. From what I've played so far, I think this game is going to be a bargain even at $60 for the use I'm going to get out of it. That being said, the fun I've had with this game is worth more than 5 stars and the few cons would basically amount to me being nitpicky.

On the gameplay side of things, I found it to be a streamlined version of its predecessors. There are a lot of aspects to it that can seem too dumbed down at first but once you get higher on in character levels you start to realize that there actually is quite a bit of complexity built into it and it all contributes toward keeping you out there killing monsters and collecting loot.

If you really must try out this game before buying, seek out someone you know that has it and see if you can have one of their "guest passes". That will let you play the early areas of the game for free and have the choice to upgrade to the full version. Just know that the "real" game doesn't start until well beyond that.

One thing I will say about this edition of the game is that for what measly stuff comes in the box, it's probably better to just buy the digital edition from blizzard directly. I also bought a collector's edition and the stuff in that box was well worth the extra money. If I didn't have an amazon promotion riding on this regular edition then I probably would have just gone with the plain digital version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking good fun on co-op, May 18, 2012
This review is from: Diablo III - PC/Mac (Computer Game)
Ok launch day was a little hairy, but are not most launch days? Login now without a problem. Also, as a long term pirate, I welcome this kind of internet only DRM style of play - so you actually have to buy the game to play it rather than download it. Support the software houses.
Gameplay is goodfun, dumbed down - I don't think so, they have just removed the fake choices that you would of been forced to make anyway.
A great shooter game, not a RPG. The ease of joining your friends in a game is outstanding.
Forget the 1 star guys' whose last a days worth of gaming due to release issues. This is a good game. My only grip[ is that it is not a £40 game; 30£ or 35£ is more like it, just because if it's lack of depth compared to Guildwars2.
Graphics are very nice, some sounds are annoying (like the witch doctor's breaking jar sounds * 10,000)
A simple action kill things game for when you want to kill things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Diablo III - PC/Mac (Computer Game)
Ignore all the people complaining about the server issues that have already been fixed. This is game is incredibly addicting. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Diablo III - PC/Mac (Computer Game)
Overall, I think Diablo 3 is very close to the feel the previous games in the series have. There are a few things that are different, but the 'Diablo feel' is still there.

I don't understand the reviews that are bad. Perhaps they were expecting a different type of game? As for the ones reffering to connection issues, or Battle.net issues...these issues will sort themselves out. The game hasn't been out long and, with all the anticipation, everyone was trying to log on to try the game out. Connection issues will balance out.

So, if you are a fan of the series it's well worth it to buy this game. If not, you can wait and try the 'Starter Edition' for free and then decide if you want to buy it.

‹ Previous | 1290 291 292359 | Next ›

Diablo III - PC/Mac
Diablo III - PC/Mac by Blizzard Entertainment (Mac OS X Intel, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
$39.99 $29.73