5.0 out of 5 stars The Gold Standard of RPG PC Games
Published on January 30, 2011 by Todd7

3.0 out of 5 stars Blizzard should announce a funeral for Diablo....
Published 12 months ago by G. Davis

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gold Standard of RPG PC Games, January 30, 2011
This review is from: Diablo (CD-ROM)
It seems that a lot of people focus on the fact that Diablo is a very dated game by today's standards. Obviously, there comes a time when a game no longer appeals to the eye, and is shoved aside in favor of a game with the latest 3D graphics. But.....is that game any good, or is it just a hollow display of beautiful graphics and no substance? Diablo is a game of substance and downright sophistication, even by today's standards. I say this because it has a pretty rich storyline, and is complemented by a darkness that is second to none. Furthermore, the music (which is usually ignored by gamers) really makes this game. Sure, as one travels through every level of the labrynth, it does get a little repetitive at times, but one never knows when danger is lurking nearby. What I really enjoy about this game is its extremely user-friendly interface, which allows for the whole game to be played with the mouse. Also, this game is compatible with any computer today, as it uses very little memory. I like games that don't call for a patch because it's overloaded with goodies that aren't conducive with one's system. Diablo is an all-around great playing experience that will have the player on the edge of their seat at all times. Leveling up isn't so easy at times, nor is finally getting to use special magical weapons or powers; they have to be earned the old-fashioned way through grit and patience. This game provides hours and hours of old-school RPG gaming on a Saturday night. Turn out the lights and immerse yourself in the dark world of Diablo!!! 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Diablo 1 Review, November 16, 2011
This review is from: Diablo (CD-ROM)
This was an excellent game. Having played the Diablo 2 I decided to play the first one to get a good round feeling for the franchise before the third one comes out. I am happy to say that this game did not disappoint me in any way. From top to bottom this game was 5 stars. Addicting game play, challenging bosses, awesome weapons, good story, and some of the best music I have ever heard in a game. Recommend to anyone who loves old school games and would like a taste of the past.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of long time fun, May 14, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo (CD-ROM)
Man I love Diablo. When my granddaughter lost the cd I was ticked. I got another copy and now from time to time I just sit back and kill off some hours and characters getting lost in the dungeons again. I can't remember how many times I have beaten the game or it has beaten me, but it is fun to try something new and see how a new character stacks up against the old ones. Playability of the newer games just doesn't stack up in my opinion. But that's me. I want games that make me think, and always I want games that can be played again and again to see if you can beat your own scores. Diablo is fun to drag out from time to time and try again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good older game, August 11, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo (CD-ROM)
Good game, especially for an older one. Only 2 real complaints: Character movement speed (walk only), and the color doesn't come out right on Windows 7

5.0 out of 5 stars Not quite a walk down memory lane, October 2, 2013
This review is from: Diablo (CD-ROM)
I hadn't played Diablo in a long, long time. But now I can enjoy it again. It is just as I remembered. Hacking, slashing and arrows flying. My kind of game. Now that I am retired I can play by the hour and it never gets old.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool!, May 31, 2009
This review is from: Diablo (CD-ROM)
Diablo is probably my favorite D&D style hack-and-slay game. You go on quests to earn experience points for your character, whether a warrior, rogue, or sorcerer. The warrior is very easy for beginners to use, but you can develop more advanced skills (e.g. magic) for him throughout the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diablo is the defines this genre, March 5, 2012
This review is from: Diablo (CD-ROM)
This is the first game in the Diablo franchise and it is a blast to play. It features everything you would expect from a hack and slash style RPG.
The lore is solid and keeps you questing. Diablo changes everytime you play, which makes it fun to play again once you destroy Diablo and complete the game.
You can also play on classic battle.net, up to 4 players. The graphics may be dated by todays standards but the game is still just as good as any modern release of this type of game.

3.0 out of 5 stars Blizzard should announce a funeral for Diablo...., July 20, 2013
G. Davis (Flagstaff, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diablo (CD-ROM)
Unfortunately, Diablo is a game that has been relegated to the archives of history. Diablo will only work on an operating system that is no longer supported by its manufacturer. I am running Windows 7, Professional, and I was almost attacked by my computer when I tried to load this game. I can remember when Diablo was state-of-the-art and was tremendous fun, but it's just a memory, now.

5.0 out of 5 stars great purchase, November 17, 2009
This review is from: Diablo (CD-ROM)
Great dungeon crawl, challenging, old school graphics but runs great on older model computers, fantastic random dungeon generator ensures that every game is fresh and different

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, June 13, 2014
This review is from: Diablo (CD-ROM)
Game is just as it is discribed. Having lots of fun playing it. One of the very first games I have ever played on a PC.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Diablo
Diablo by Blizzard (Mac, Windows 95 / NT)
$35.00