5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product
Published on March 8, 2007 by Thomas Hensman

1.0 out of 5 stars Unstable voltage output - do not buy
Published on June 14, 2011 by Gunner Maverick

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, March 8, 2007
This product has exceeded my expectations. I never usually purchase cheap power supply's but because I really don't care about this pc I gave it a try. It fit Nice and snug into my HP Pavilion, the only downside is that the slot to plug in the power cord is a little large it may sit on the frame of the computer. But its not a problem, when you screw it in it will slightly bend that piece of frame outwards allowing to fit snug. This power supply is very quite, I have seen many comments on cheap power supply's stating that their extremely loud. Also my pregnant wife threw up all over it and it still works. I know it sounds gross but it does still work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Power Supply for the Money, September 22, 2011
This review is from: Diablotek DA Series 250-Watt ATX Power Supply PSDA250 (Personal Computers)
I am using this power supply unit (PSU) to power 80 ft. of LED flexible ribbon lights using about 100 watts at 12 VDC. Running at less than 50% of its 250 watt rating, this PSU runs cool and quiet. The fan is whisper quiet and I don't experience the high-pitched noise reported by other reviewers. Note that you have to use a jumper wire between pins 16 and 17 of the motherboard connector to turn-on this PSU when it is not connected to a computer. Only time will tell how long this PSU lasts for me, but I expect at least a few years of reliable service running intermittently at lower power levels. This little PSU is a great value for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works just like a real one at twice the cost, March 29, 2010
Good price, good performance. No problems so far after several months. It's on the PC I'm using now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power to the people!, October 11, 2011
I actually purchased this power supply for an unusual purpose. I have a MICCA SLIM HD player which I wanted to attach to an external 3" SATA drive, and unfortunately the onboard connector does not provide enough juice to power the drive, so I am using this baby outside of a PC just to power one hard drive, and it is working PERFECTLY so far. I should mention 3 things:
1) This power supply is NOT whisper quiet. It makes an audible fan noise when powered on, not like a jet engine, more like a very small fan. Not terrible, just something you should be aware of if silence is important to you.
2) If you want to use this power supply OUTSIDE of a PC, not connected to a motherboard, you need to short the black and green wires together (use a paper clip and stick one end in each hole). Otherwise the unit will NOT power on and you will think it is dead. These directions are on the diablotek website.
3) I have tried several different USB to SATA adapters which do work perfectly for the data connection and allow you to attach virtually any hard drive to a USB port, HOWEVER they all come with extremely unreliable and possibly very hazardous power supply transformers, so i found it best to either use a power supply such as this one for any separate drives, or find an unused power connector inside your pc and extend it to reach the outside so you can power the drive there. Stay away from those cheap $2 Chinese transformers - they do not work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unstable voltage output - do not buy, June 14, 2011
Tried using this power supply with an Asus P4B-533 motherboard. System would boot all the way in to Windows or Linux, then reboot after 30-60 sec. BIOS shows voltage levels too low. Should have been suspicious of the great price I guess. Replaced power supply with iMicro PS-IM400W from Amazon, BIOS now reports stable correct voltages. Frequent reboots from Windows however has led to hard disk corruption. Will not boot into Windows. More homework ahead for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good as a simple power supply, August 16, 2010
Q. Lin "bookworm" (Orange County, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
Like some other users here, I also bought this to power my audio equipments. It works great to provide the power to my amplifiers. Since it's oriented to low end of the PC market, the number of connectors and cables is lower than higher end supplies, which is a great plus for me for less clustered connections.

There is down side with this supply - acoustic noise generated by the fan is not very low. However, when it powers an audio power amplifier, usually the music is much louder than the noise, thus it won't be noticed. If you tend to tune the volume very low (as low as whisper), this noise could be an issue. My amplifier only draws about 200 to 300mA from 12V, which is 2.4 to 3.6W, when I'm listening to music without being disturbed by this noise. This gives you an idea about the noise level. Of course this also depends on the location of the supply and the distance from it comparing to the speakers. Some people may also be more sensitive to noise than some others. So don't buy this if you need extreme quietness. Note it may get louder if you put it in a computer chassis.

Somehow when I searched for this item, Amazon pointed to 3rd parties first, but Amazon itself had the best deal with free standard shipping.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great power supply for the price., August 28, 2010
I bought two of these power supplies. One was to power a DVR computer I built, and another for a standard desktop I had also built. So far, I've had no problems with these power supplies. They were easy to install, had enough power cables for all my hardware devices plus more.

***For people wondering; this comes with 20+4 power pin for the motherboard and a 4 power pin for the processor.

My motherboard in both computers say it needs at least 350 Watts. of power, but this thing can run my entire computer without any problems. I also use my computers a lot, so they're on most of the time. The motherboards I am using in both computers are the MSI G31TM-PT21 motherboards.

The only thing that I've noticed was that the fans were slightly noisy, but nothing extremely loud like some people say they are.

All-in-all, great product for the price; I would definitely purchase another if I ever needed another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent replacement for dell 2400 or similar psu, November 11, 2009
I used this to replace a 200 watt dell 2400 psu and the performance of the dell 2400 has increased a little bit

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems solid enough and inexpensive to boot, January 26, 2011
Mike (Northern California) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace a failed power supply in a Dell Dimension 3000. This power supply fit in perfectly, but had one less 4-pin power connector for a hard drive or cd/dvdrom drive. I have a PCI-based video card (instead of using the onboard video of the Dell), two hard drives, and one cd writer installed. This seems to work just fine, although the fan noise is a bit louder than the original Dell power supply. For the price, it's great.

3.0 out of 5 stars works as a tester PSU for what I need it to, March 29, 2014
its so basic, but it works as a way to test if a PSU is dead, since I know this one works.