Customer Discussions > A Charlie Brown Christmas forum

Dialogue track sync problem

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 2, 2008 2:17:41 PM PST
S. Shelley says:
I watched this DVD last night, and in the main feature, I noticed that the dialogue track seemed to be a little bit out of sync with the characters' mouth movements (the dialogue would start a few frames AFTER the characters opened their mouths), but the sound effects were still in the right frames, which led to some awkward-sounding scenes (such as the scene where Snoopy does animal impressions; compare it to the version on the Paramount release). No one else seems to have made note of this in their reviews for the DVD, though. Is it supposed to be like this, or do I just have a bad copy? I need to know because I might need to buy a new copy to replace this one, and I don't want to waste money on another copy with this same problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2008 3:41:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2008 3:41:51 PM PST
J. Vandyke says:
You're absolutely correct -- I too noticed the same sync problem, and I'm returning my DVD to Amazon for a refund. We must not accept such shoddy, careless work! I suspect the late Charles Schulz would be neither pleased nor amused....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 12, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A Charlie Brown Christmas [VHS]
A Charlie Brown Christmas [VHS] by Ann Altieri (VHS Tape - 1994)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (547)