5.0 out of 5 stars These are Soy candles with a 'hidden' surprise inside
Published 20 months ago by Sereniti Alexander

1.0 out of 5 stars NO RING
There was no ring at all in my candle. After going back and forth over email (because they don't have a customer service number) their solution was they will send another candle if i pay 8 dollars. $8 to get what i paid for in the first place!!! most horrible customer service around. I really don't want anyone else wasting their money
Published 9 months ago by Tori

5.0 out of 5 stars These are Soy candles with a 'hidden' surprise inside, May 11, 2013
This review is from: Diamond Candles 21 oz. Sunwashed Large Jar Candle
What alot of people forget is they are mainly selling the candles. You know, nice soy that takes FOREVER to burn so you get to enjoy them for longer than most candles. The rings are a fun surprise inside. I'm surprised on how many people posted being upset they didn't get the $5k ring. That's not the most important part of it. Yes it's fun to get a nice ring and even better when it's a perfect fit. But they don't guarantee perfect size. Think of it this way. They are like cracker jacks for adults. You get 2 awesome treats for the price of one. And IF your lucky. That ring you pull out might be of value. But if it isn't, no worries, cause you have a beautiful yummy candle that you get to enjoy for weeks!

I bought Sunwashed for my mother and she loved the scent. The ring she got out of it probably wasn't worth much, but it fit and it was pretty. Definitely not the first nor the last Diamond Candle I will buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars NO RING, April 3, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice clean scent, February 13, 2012
Shelley E. "Shelley" (Jacksonville, Fl USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diamond Candles 21 oz. Sunwashed Large Jar Candle
Regardless of the ring inside, this is a nice soy candle. Burns nice. The smell isn't overpowering but fills the space nicely. I have paid the same price for candles from another brand that didn't have the extra perk of the ring. The ring in two of my candles so far have been $10 rings so I wouldn't buy these candles hoping for a nice ring. I'm pretty sure 99% of people get a fake ring but like I said, it's a little extra fun to a candle I would buy anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not for everyone, but still a lot of FUN!, July 2, 2013
This review is from: Diamond Candles 21 oz. Sunwashed Large Jar Candle
I used to be a consultant for a party-model home decor company, and they carried a line of soy candles, which I loved, for their subtle, clean scent. Not everyone likes a candle scent so strong that it curls the hairs in your nostrils. These candles are just as good as the candles I used to sell, and a better value: For the same money, you're getting almost twice as much wax/burning time. Now, for the ring. I'm burning my first candle now. I'm probably about four days away from being about to pull it out. Did I make my purchase expecting to win a $5000 ring? Absolutely not. I've never won the lottery, and I don't expect my luck to change now. And that's what this is--a lottery--you are playing the numbers. But YES, it is fun to glance in the jar every once in a while to see if your ring is starting to show, and YES, it's fun to see what everyone else is getting, and WORST CASE SCENARIO: My 9-year-old daughter gets a stocking stuffed with rings this Christmas that she can string on a ribbon around her neck and feel like a million bucks. My house smells great, and not like our wet German Shepherd. For $25, that's a lot of value to me.

1.0 out of 5 stars What candle?, January 24, 2014
This review is from: Diamond Candles 21 oz. Sunwashed Large Jar Candle
I will to continue to post this review in the hopes of improving the company's customer service:

When I first heard about Diamond Candles via a popular blog and read all the glowing reviews, I was excited to buy one for myself. Unfortunately, my candle never arrived. When I contacted DC's customer service, I immediately received an email response asking if the candle could have perhaps fallen in to the hands of a neighbor or roommate. When I assured the customer service representative that I had not only checked these avenues, but the USPS and FedEx as well, it was immediate radio silence. I reached out an additional time and have yet to receive any response from Diamond Candles. I am so very disappointed - not just that I didn't receive my much anticipated candle, but in the lack of customer service. I can't imagine I will attempt to buy from this company again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible customer service, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Diamond Candles 21 oz. Sunwashed Large Jar Candle
I wish I could give zero stars. I ordered a candle for my mother & 1 of the stones was missing. They refused to give me a new ring or candle. They offered me a $10 off coupon. This company is a joke with horrible customer service. Don't waste your money!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun HOWEVER, March 17, 2014
This review is from: Diamond Candles 21 oz. Sunwashed Large Jar Candle
I was so excited to get my candles, I ordered one for my self and my daughter. They came in a timely manner and we were both soooo excited to get them. As for the rings, we didn't really expect to win anything big. If we would have GREAT, but really how much does a good Yankee candle cost?? ANYWAY, There is not much of a smell to them. I have a very sensitive nose and could smell the wick burning more then the actual scent of the candle. SO DISAPPOINTED!!!! I love love love the idea, Like Cracker Jacks for adults, but will prob stick with the better smelling Yankee candle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad customer service, February 4, 2014
This review is from: Diamond Candles 21 oz. Sunwashed Large Jar Candle
I ordered mine as a gift for my mother in-law on the 3rd of December and she received it near the end of January. I was told because of the delay an extra gift would be with it but no gift. So I emailed and so did the person who is a rep for them and 1 week later still no response. I will not order from them again. An apology would of been nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Gift! Great Scent!, December 23, 2013
J. Chan (La jolla, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diamond Candles 21 oz. Sunwashed Large Jar Candle
I brought these candles during black friday and I purchased 4 of them 2 mistletoe and 2 cinnamon pinecone scents for myself and christmas gifts. Being it was the first time I was getting them I just had no expectations. So I have burned 2 of them already one of each of those scents... First off the Cinnamon pinecone smells wonderful I love the pine scent and it scents up the room very nicely. The Mistletoe one while it was a nice berry like scent sadly, it didnt scent the room I couldnt even smell it unless I went close to it. So that is why its receiving a 4 star.

The rings are cute, I actually like them and honesty I had no expectations of getting a $5k ring out of a $25 candle. It's like playing lotto... youre lucky to get something like that. I got two different rings which is a citrine stone ring that I absolute love :) and I got a flower like cubic zirconia ring which a bit too big for me yet I still loved how shiny it looked. Regardless I like getting them. I love how it builds excitement of seeing what ring I am getting.

I dont know why people say there is black soot or how smokey it gets. I certainly dont get that when burning these candles. There are instructions on there to burn no more than 4 hours at a time. So black soot occurs usually when you have burned them too long. Also make sure you trim the wick before each time you burn the candle and before you light it again be sure its cool down completely. I make candles for my shop and there are people that just dont pay attention to the warning label on the bottom of the candle. Some people may think its not necessary but honesty if you want a clean burn pay attention to the warning labels. It does make a difference in the performance of these types of candles. These candles are soy wax so it is environment friendly too... I would definitely purchase these again for gifts or even for myself as a treat to see what other rings I can get ( without high expectations of course)

1.0 out of 5 stars Unprofessional Company - Bad Service, January 9, 2014
This review is from: Diamond Candles 21 oz. Sunwashed Large Jar Candle
This is one of the worst companies I've ever bought a product from! My mom ordered 2 candles - 1 for me and 1 for her for Xmas....1 of the candles that was supposed to be my xmas gift never came after she ordered it 3 weeks before xmas. We waited and waited and finally had to reach out to the company. They don't provide any phone number anywhere with easy access. Finally I found a # and it's only a voice mail. They only do email and take forever to get back to you and will not call you to resolve issues! They also took about 2 weeks to even reply to our email. They said the candle we ordered was out of stock (even though it was on the website in stock) and refunded the money and said for us to order a new candle all over again. We had a promo code the first time to make the candle cheaper and don't have another promo code to order again! There for to reorder would cost us more money! I told them this in an email and of course no response! If the candle we ordered was out of stock they should have just asked us to pick another scent and sent that one out. This company is too small and not professional. I sent multiple emails asking for a phone call to resolve this and they never called, only sent short unhelpful emails.

Diamond Candles 21 oz. Sunwashed Large Jar Candle