Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 135 questions
votes
Routers are not OS or platform specific, so you should be able to use any router with any computer. I use this ASUS on a desktop that dual-boots into both Windows XP and Ubuntu Linux. The wifi has connected to various laptops running anything from older Linux to Windows 8.1, and several tablets and smart phones running various versions of Android. I have never had a problem with it connecting to anything. For the initial setup, you will want a wired connection to the router (via CAT7 ethernet cable). After you have it set up, you should be able to do everything over wifi.
Nov 4, 2013 by J. Linford
vote
I have successfully added the samsung clp-300, and samsung ml-2510. They're both laser printer and both function fine. I did find that I can only attach one at a time, not both, I can add one printer and a hard drive, but not two printers at the same time, using the two usb ports.
Aug 6, 2011 by Bob
vote
JB: So I just got this router and I absolutely love it, it has a one-touch Quality Of Service feature that automatically looks for "Gaming Traffic" and gives it priority. It works, lag has almost vanished, and when I'm hosting in Black Ops or Reach I can genuinely see the difference in my K/D ratio from my old lynksys p.o.s. router. Now I just had a new roommate move in who is also running xbox (we both have the new elites) and once the router shook hands with his we haven't had any problem with the NAT type, and I could be in the middle of the Gears 3 Beta and he'll be playing co-op in Portal 2 and I cant even tell that someone else is online
May 10, 2011 by erin badger
vote
You must have a cable modem. You connect the cable to the modem and then connect an Ethernet cable from the cable modem to the Asus router.
Mar 10, 2014 by CherryAngel
votes
what is the range Sep 23, 2013
I get very good signal strength 45 feet away through 2 - 3 walls. I've used Pandora on my iPad outside - thru 3 or 4 walls and another 50 - 75 feet away from my house.
Sep 23, 2013 by PD47
votes
antenna Dec 20, 2013
It's built in. Works great through floors and walls. I was wondering the same when I got this. In fact I'll be getting another one I like it so much
Dec 20, 2013 by CameraGuy
votes
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/31436-asus-rt-n56u-black-diamond-dual-band-gigabit-wireless-n-router-reviewed No Guest SSIDs.. which is a deal breaker for me :(
Oct 28, 2011 by Yossi Havusha
votes
Hi, we were having problems with Chromecast until we enabled "Enable IGMP Snooping". This setting is under "Advanced Settings -> Wireless -> Professional" tab at http://192.168.1.1/. Since enabling this, Chromecast has been working flawlessly.
Jan 2, 2014 by mkb
votes
I don't remember, but the warranty didn't really do any good because I would have had to pay shipping both ways to get it fixed and would have been without a router for over a month.
Oct 20, 2013 by M.P. Bellamah
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   14   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers