5.0 out of 5 stars How to use the diamond selector II
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:29 Mins
Just a short review on to how to use the Diamond Selector 2 .
Indeed the manual for the this diamond tester is not the best ever.
However, once you figure it out, it's easy.
I must admit that I couldn't figure it out at first :)
Published on December 27, 2010 by Nikola Matic

2.0 out of 5 stars confusing and not practical
sorry i spent any money on buying this on a quick decision. anyone can do without this item i am sure.
Published 15 months ago by helen evers

5.0 out of 5 stars How to use the diamond selector II, December 27, 2010
Length:: 2:29 Mins

Just a short review on to how to use the Diamond Selector 2 .
Indeed the manual for the this diamond tester is not the best ever.
However, once you figure it out, it's easy.
I must admit that I couldn't figure it out at first :)

5.0 out of 5 stars DIAMOND TESTER, February 20, 2011
This review is from: Diamond tester (diamond Selector II) (Misc.)
EXCELLENT PRODUCT FOR THE PRICE. VERY PLEASED. THE SAME PRODUCT SELLS FOR 3 TIMES THE PRICE. WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works like a Charm ... most of the time, August 6, 2011
This review is from: Diamond tester (diamond Selector II) (Misc.)
Great item for the money - perfect for home-use (personal collector, online seller or even an antique dealer -ect). Easy to follow instructions are included. I would not recommend it however for a retail type of jewelry business due to being made of plastic. It was not ALWAYS accurate either. I 'tested' it on one diamond that I knew was genuine and 1x out of 10-12x it did not not accurately detect as diamond even though diamond was a genuine. One must also know the approx carat weight of the diamond and 'dial' to that weight - if not there will be a false reading. The tester then beeps when tip detects genuine diamond or does not beep to indicate not a genuine diamond. I think this may have something to do with the particular temperature characteristics of a diamond - but I'm not very sure?) Bear in mind however that although it did signal a false-negative (did not detect as genuine diamond) - I also tested on a rhinestone and it never gave a false positive reading (indicated as genuine diamond). So from what I gather: If you get at least one positive, it's a genuine diamond. I definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, and a fantastic price., May 10, 2012
This review is from: Diamond tester (diamond Selector II) (Misc.)
I was very pleased with mu purchase of the Diamond & Moissanite Gemstone Jewelry Tester SelectorII It was easy to understand the instructions and I was able to use it right out of the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and generally accurate, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Diamond tester (diamond Selector II) (Misc.)
This is a fun children's toy not to b mistaken for the jewelers far superior and accurate tool. All readings should be done on dismounted stones. Mounted stones will read high percentage of false positives.

5.0 out of 5 stars diamonds are my best friend to not just womens, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Diamond tester (diamond Selector II) (Misc.)
I love this tester because a jeweler tried to rip me off and i caught him in the act and he turned red because he put fake diamonds in my ring and said they were real diamonds. Now i go to the jeweler and tell them i want to test things myself in there presence so i can see if my diamonds are real.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as accurate as you would hope., September 1, 2013
This review is from: Diamond tester (diamond Selector II) (Misc.)
I bought this for my dear wife with an itch to collect diamonds, real or not. After we bought a bunch of jewelry from an estate sale with lots of "Could be" diamonds I searched and bought this Diamond Selecter II because, well, the price. We got it here quickly and did actually find out that my wife has a pretty good nose for the real stuff... and I don't. :( This tester was only inaccurate when the estimate of the actual weight of the stone is incorrect making the setting incorrect thereby making the tester wrong. KNOW THE WEIGHT OF THE STONE or at least pretty close. I'm thrilled I bought it because my wife gets to say, "Nah, nah, nah" to me because she bought the real stuff, which is actually in my favor! Buy it for her, guys, and she will go giddy with it... unless the one you bought for her was a Cubic Zirconium. In that case, start running now!

2.0 out of 5 stars confusing and not practical, June 19, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Diamond tester, May 8, 2013
This review is from: Diamond tester (diamond Selector II) (Misc.)
Not what I was hoping for. It is difficult to use and not a good product to use in front of a customer...it is confusing and takes time. I am disappointed, but the price should have been my indicator.

5.0 out of 5 stars DIAMOND TESTING WORKS, March 21, 2013
This review is from: Diamond tester (diamond Selector II) (Misc.)
Really easy to use and instructions are easy to understand. Tried it on known item and it worked. Tried it by on several unknown items and it was able to tell us if it was a diamond or not. Definitely recommend this item.

Diamond tester (diamond Selector II)
$99.00 $10.14