5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive - so is Warranty
My bike arrived within two days of placing my order. It took a bit to assemble it but the construction is impressive. It's built like a tank and has all the features I could want and more.

Published on October 8, 2011 by John Beckwith

3.0 out of 5 stars does not meet expectation
I chose the Diamondback because of the reputation of diamondback .
Out of the box , it was okay .... except that there was what appeared to be an electrical connection that was glued together that had come apart . ( I called about it to let them know that this may be a problem ... but it works fine )

Using the machine is relatively easy , however ,...
Published 17 months ago by jwl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive - so is Warranty, October 8, 2011
This review is from: Diamondback Fitness 510Sr Recumbent Exercise Bike (Sports)

I was disappointed however, because the display was erratic and the heart monitor didn't work. Since it was to big to return at the post office, I called Diamondback. Within a minute I was talking to a service rep who asked me to run some tests and call him back. When I did He diagnosed the problem as a wiring error and said parts would be on the way. Within a week I got a call from a service tech saying he had the parts and would the next day at 9:30 be OK to come to the house and fix it. He showed up at exactly 9:30 the next day, replaced the defective parts.

Bike works perfectly. I've not been so impressed with a company & their warranty in a long time. If your serious about you equipment and your health - look no further. Buy Diamondback.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Recumbent Bike, December 20, 2011
This review is from: Diamondback Fitness 510Sr Recumbent Exercise Bike (Sports)
I did a lot of research before dropping the big bucks on a recumbent bike. I tested at least 3 different models ...by far the Diamondback has the most features and is the most comfortable. I have friends that have paid over $2,000 for pricey models that claim to be the equivalent of health club models. They are big and bulky beasts that take up most of the area your in. The Diamondback Bike is compact and very sturdy I think the weight limit is 350lbs, the built in fan is quiet and useful, there is no bar to lift your leg up over to sit down which is very helpful if your not too steady on your feet. The seat is generous and comfortable, the seat adjusts easily for someone 6'5" to under 5 foot, the bike runs smooth, no jerky stop and go movements, the peddles are a good size with adjustable straps, the leg alignment is perfect, so you don't feel like your on an exercise bike. Diamondback makes touring and racing bikes, so they know how to make a bike for hours of riding and lastly the price was much less than other bikes I tested. Diamondback came up with a winner that is reasonably priced and has great features. After I purchased the bike my neighbors physical therapist recommended the same bike to him following knee surgery. I'm very pleased. Try to get it with free shipping as I did from Amazon, since the weight is close to 70lbs and can be costly to ship.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, June 2, 2011
This review is from: Diamondback Fitness 510Sr Recumbent Exercise Bike (Sports)
I just bought this bike a few weeks ago to help with recovery from a surgery and I couldn't be happier with it. Fortunately, I also bought it while it was nearly 50% off (Amazon is the best). I got the bike within a week and all the parts were included and in great shape. One of the hinges of the fan attachment had broken off, but a little bit of super glue fixed that in a couple of minutes and it works fine. It took nearly two hours to put the thing together because there are so many parts to this bike, but anybody with patience can do it. Once together, it was clear that the parts were high quality, it looks like it was well made. It's completely silent except for a little whirring when changing difficulty levels. I consider myself to be quite athletic and the programs are definately challanging. There are a lot of programs to choose from and you can set up a personal profile that saves all your information. I think the calorie counter is a little low, but most exercise equipment underestimates the number of calories burned. I'm tall enough (5' 9") that I can see over the console to watch tv, but a shorter person might have trouble with this. A shorter person might also have some trouble with the back rest as it doesn't go low enough for the lower back support to sit squarely in my lower back, but I've found that a cushion remedies this well. I haven't tried all of the features but the heart rate moniter and the fan work great. Overall, I'm extremely happy with this purchase and would highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Defective Parts / Slow delivery time, May 16, 2013
This review is from: Diamondback Fitness 510Sr Recumbent Exercise Bike (Sports)
Initially, this product blew my mind. It seemed to be everything that I had hoped for.

- Solid Build
- Quality Parts
- Sleek Design
- Back-lit LED control panel

Assembly took a few hours, but that's to be expected with such a large machine. I was able to fit it into a corner area of my room to watch TV while working out. I was only able to actually try out the machine for about 3 days, when suddenly one of the pedals began to wobble and make weird noises. It would apparently begin to loosen up each time I completed a full rotation. I took the pedal apart and removed the crank shaft to come and find out that the pedal piece had slowly stripped the hole in the crank shaft. So, each time I would pedal, the pedal itself would strip the grooves inside of the crank.

I had called to order replacement parts last Thursday, and it's been a full 7 days without seeing these parts arrive in the mail. All I've been able to do for the past week is just stare at this beautiful machine taking up space in my room. A beautiful, $750 ornament. I mean.. for $750 bucks, I would expect that this company would be able to expedite 2 small parts out to me well before a week passes. Yet, no one responded to my email, and this is my final attempt at getting someone's attention. Sad.

Update: Apparently they had shipped the replacement part to a different address. Finally I was able to get the new pedal added to the bike. All in all, this bike is a great machine. That aspect before just irritated me, but I don't feel that the bike itself should receive a 2/5 stars. If everything arrives as expected for you, and you get this bike built and ride it - then you will see that is is a 4/5.

I do wish that there was the "pause" option when exercising. If you stop for more than 15 seconds, it resets. I would also like it if the bike went for more than 30 minutes a session.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally got me exercising, August 22, 2013
Peter Guither (Bloomington, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diamondback Fitness 510Sr Recumbent Exercise Bike (Sports)
I waited a very long time before finally breaking down and purchasing exercise equipment, but I really needed something to get me going on some regular exercise. Based on the reviews, this seemed like a good choice, and I needed something that wouldn't be too hard on joints, etc. and would be fairly easy to use for someone out of shape.

I don't know if they're always using the same shipping company, but mine came 3 days after I ordered it (they said it would be 10 days) and the driver was wonderful and even helped me get the box upstairs.

Assembly was time-consuming, but not particularly hard. Instructions were often unclear (and in one minor place wrong - seat back), but could be figured out (note that some of the nuts and washers that are referenced are actually on the frame and not in the packet of hardware - otherwise the count won't make sense). Once completed, it just started working with no problem. Again, following the instructions to set up the user for programmed settings was less clear than it could have been, but once you figure it out, there's nothing else you need to do and it's very easy to use.

The machine is very quiet and gives you an excellent workout, while being quite comfortable. You can adjust the resistance settings and optimize your workout, and by setting a time (I went with 20 minutes to begin) it really helps you get into it and stick with it. Heart rate readings work just fine.

The "magazine rack" is two foldout supports at the bottom of the display. I don't read magazines, but by putting a ruler across them, it's a perfect ledge for my iPad, so I can watch a video while peddling and it makes the workout go so much easier.

So far, I'm using this every day, and think I may succeed in getting into the habit, which is what really matters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and build quality, August 20, 2012
Janet Sutton "manyhahama" (Lee's Summit, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diamondback Fitness 510Sr Recumbent Exercise Bike (Sports)
We have had this bike now for a couple of weeks and have the following impressions. The bike arrived in a box strapped to a large pallet and arrived in good condition and was well packaged. I had it delivered to my work location which made handling easy. Instructions are better than average for an imported product, and all parts were there. Tools are included, but my better hand tools made assembly a fairly simple thing and I managed to get it together in less than two hours.

Overall build quality appears very good, all parts are substantially made and well finished. There are only two issues that I noted in assembly. The main post that holds the computer and front handles was tweaked a bit to the right so the computer now sits at a slight angle. It is not much, but it was not straight and trying to push it in the direction to straighten did not improve things. It is not a big deal to me so decided to live with it as it does not appear that there is a simple way to correct it and it is not that bad. The second issue was a 6" long indention in the seat back, as though something had been pressing into it and left a permanent depression. Again not a problem I considered worth fixing as it is just a small cosmetic defect and does not reduce comfort at all.

Using the bike is easy, and the programs are plenty adequate for our usage. I do find it strange that the manual mode of operation is timed like a program for 30 minutes, if you want more you have to reset it and start over, which erases your accumulated information for your exercise session. Seems like you should just be able to get on and ride as long as you want and it keeps accumulating info. If someone sees something I am missing here, please let me know. Also I note that if you take a hand off the pulse monitor it occasionally seems to go erratic and you have to release both your grips and let it clear for a moment to re-establish a more correct reading, but this has not been a problem particularly and is maybe the nature of these devices. Using the bike is a very quiet and smooth experience, it makes a slight whirling sound when changing resistance but otherwise is near silent. It will give you quite a workout, the tension resistance range is very good and you can make it as tough as I would imagine anyone would need. We bought this as our old upright style exercise bike was wearing out and I now have some lower back and knee problems, so had read about the recumbent style being supportive for those conditions, and so far I would agree. I have had no pain or discomfort using this bike, but I notice my calves are getting worked with this bike like I have not had before with upright bikes and I am still adjusting.

I just noticed the bike went up in cost $170 dollars just after we bought it at $629, so at its now higher price point there may be other options to consider in that higher range, but at the price we paid it seems like a very good value. I could not quite give it 5 stars due to the small cosmetic issues and the clunky to use computer, but in general we are very pleased with it so far. Will try to update after more usage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diamondback 510Sr, March 5, 2012
This review is from: Diamondback Fitness 510Sr Recumbent Exercise Bike (Sports)
Have had this bike for about a year now and my wife and I have certainly benefited from and enjoyed it. Individual profiles, various programs, and the monitoring make it an enjoyment to use. The heartrate monitor make me realize that I couldn't tell my rate without a monitor and have since got one for other exercises. After many many hours on this thing, I would certainly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality. Silent. Consistent tension., September 22, 2013
Daniel J. Cain (Charlotte, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diamondback Fitness 510Sr Recumbent Exercise Bike (Sports)
After purchasing a more expensive recumbent bike and being forced to return it due to major quality issues, I decided to try a Diamond based on reputation. What a nice surprise. Great quality. Silent. Consistent tension.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Workout Bike, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Diamondback Fitness 510Sr Recumbent Exercise Bike (Sports)
I looked at a ton of exercise bikes and recumbents before choosing the Diamondback. This is a very well put together bike, solid, with quality parts. I run a lot and do tri's and this is a terrific workout on "off" days. The display is easy to read and very clear. I wish the mp3 holder was a little deeper to hold larger tablets more securely and that it offered a usb input instead of just the mini plug. That's a minor issue though because for the overall reason I bought the bike, for the workout, it's top-notch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally good performace, October 26, 2013
This review is from: Diamondback Fitness 510Sr Recumbent Exercise Bike (Sports)
It wasn't hard to set up After I called to get the instructions and owners manual which were not included in the box.
As far as performance it works well and is comfortable especially for someone with lower back problems like myself. There
is a noise that comes and goes with the pedaling and still remains after I oil the front axle. The fan as mentioned by others
is pretty much useless and I seriously doubt that the pulse sensor works correctly

All in all what I expected and would recommend it for anyone with lower back problems because of the angle of
the seat and the comfortable seat back and generally good performance.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›