5.0 out of 5 stars SHE LOVES IT
Published 1 month ago by David Abbo

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a pretty bike, but cheap
I've been riding this bike for half a year now and since I live in a biking college I've been riding it often. The more riding I do the more problems I see with the bike.

PROS
1. This is a pretty bike. I really like hybrids and I appreciate the 700c wheels. However, aesthetics really shouldn't be the biggest selling point.
2. The bike has a...
Published 10 months ago by Wendeli

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a pretty bike, but cheap, October 30, 2013
This review is from: Diamondback 2013 Women's Vital One Sport Hybrid Bike with 700c Wheels (Sports)

PROS
2. The bike has a comfortable seat, so it's not hard to ride around for a long time
3. For college students: it's pretty inconspicuous and doesn't look expensive, a big plus if you're trying to avoid bike theft

CONS
1. The instruction manual was the biggest waste of time ever. It literally had no spaces between the words. Everything was an entire continuous line of characters and made reading it very slow. Even if you bothered reading it, it would have been useless as it was a generic bike manual that actually told you how to assemble a bike of a different model from this one. I ended up looking at a picture of the bike and figuring it out from there. This has always left me a bit paranoid about whether or not I put it together correctly.

2. THE SEAT. I've seen a few of the same model bike around campus and noticed someone else had switched the seat of the bike. I am seriously considering this as well. My bike post has broken down and continuously loosens every day or two making my seat wobble and tilt uncontrollably. I went to a bike shop and asked them to tighten it for me in the hope that I had tightened it incorrectly, but after a few days the seat began to wobble again. I'm pretty sure the bike post is just cheap and will eventually (or in my case, now) replaced. This is incredibly frustrating and for that reason and possibility alone I do not recommend buying the bike.

3. The bike speeds. It may just be a personal preference but the 1 speed of the bike seems more difficult to bike with than other bikes I've owned. To clarify, it takes a lot more pressure than I expect a bike with it's speed at 1 should take to move and while biking uphill, I don't appreciate the extra effort.

All in all I don't recommend this bike. Perhaps for $150 or less it'd be understandable. But I'd appreciate a bit more quality for the extra money I spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars SHE LOVES IT, July 26, 2014
my gf recently bought this bike for $250, professionally assembled at a bike shop. She loves this bike! compared to the $99 Huffy at walmart this bike is actually REALLY light, probably 1/3 of the weight of the huffy. One reviewer wrote that the weight is 40lbs...this is very hard to believe. Diamondback is a reputable bike company and for the added $150 in comparison to the $100 Huffy, you get a waaaaay better bike. Now there are $500 bikes, and bikes that cost well into the thousands...you can't expect to get a $500 bike for $250. This bike is worth $250 all day long.

2.0 out of 5 stars damaged in shipping, some design flaws, July 6, 2013
I chose this bike because Amazon initially had the weight listed at 25 lbs (now corrected), and I wanted a light bike. When I received it and discovered it actually weights 40 lbs, I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it. Amazon eventually gave me a discount on the bike, so I agreed to keep it.

I put it together myself. The instructions, which are annoyingly written as a catch-all for every model that Diamondback makes, are alsowrittenasifthewholeparagraphisisonewordwithnopunctuationorspaces. It's really written like that! Utterly impossible to read, and set in (literally) 6 point type.

The bike is packed with the posts for the front tire turned inward, so it is easy to initially attach the wheel / handlebar facing the wrong direction. Which I did.

I couldn't get the rear brake to avoid hitting the rim, so I took it in to a bike shop. It turns out the rear rim was badly bent in the shipping process. They were able to fix it for me, but the cost of this repair basically negated the discount that Amazon had given me for listing the incorrect weight.

I've been riding a week and blew a tire already. Cheap innertube?

There's no kickstand, and bolts on the upper bar have already given me bruises and scrapes -- it seems like a weird design flaw to me. (My friend thought maybe it is for a water bottle accessory.)

Said friend also purchased a similar bike locally at REI (for the exact same cost) and it is far superior in every way.... 24 speeds (instead of 7) actually makes a huge difference going up hills. It wasn't damaged like mine, and it was put together by a professional. There's a kickstand. No weird bolts that scrape your legs.

My takeaway: I will never again buy a bike online. You shouldn't either, unless you live in Outer Mongolia and there's no bike store within 300 miles.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, August 24, 2014
I don't have all the facts yet because I have to take it to a bike shop, but this has been a most unpleasant experience. I recently bought a men's Diamondback bike, so I had experience with self-assembly of a Diamondback bike. The only problem with the men's bike was a defective tube which cost $15 to replace at a local bike shop.

This women's bike, however, is a completely different situation. There's something wrong with the front wheel, but I won't know for sure until I take it to a bike shop. I believe there are missing parts, the quick release system. I could force the wheel on, but I would have to bend the forks inward to do so. I don't want to damage it, so I'll see what the bike shop says.

I believe the bike was sabotaged by Diamondback workers. The chain, unlike the men's version, was not properly installed and it appeared to me that it was done intentionally. Plus, one of the nuts on the front wheel was so over-tightened that I don't believe it could have been an honest mistake.

I don't have time to send it back and get a new one because my daughter arrives in two days, so I'll have to take it to a bike shop to see if it can be fixed in time. I expect Diamondback to reimburse me for any costs involved, assuming the bike is fixable.

If this was not sabotaged, Diamondback's quality control is beyond bad.

8/25: Took it to local bike shop and they confirmed the quick release parts for the front wheel are missing, so it will cost me $7 for the parts and $30 to complete the assembly. I can't do it myself because I have too much to do before guests arrive tomorrow, and, based on what I've seen, the quality is so suspect that I need people who know what they're doing to assure me there are no more problems. The first Diamondback bike, except for the faulty tire valve, went almost perfectly, so I gave it 5 stars. This bike has been a disaster and really deserves 0 stars. The company has to improve its quality program......or START ONE! It obvious the two bikes did not come out of the same factory in China.

2.0 out of 5 stars Came with problems in the front wheel, June 20, 2013
The Bicicle came with a problem in the front wheel, took to service (Sport Authority) they didnt fix it, i call Diamond Back and they say that they are sending a new one to replace it. I am waiting.....

Rate and Discover Movies