4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, convenient, mid-sized bag
Update Jan-2014: After 8 years, still our "go-to" bag for trips with the kids. Soccer games, Disneyland, hiking trips -- this bag has done it all, and still looks like new. Only damage is a broken zipper pull on one of the front pockets.

Original Review (Aug-2007):

Published on August 20, 2007 by James Huff

3.0 out of 5 stars If only it were larger
I liked the idea of having a messenger-style diaper bag as opposed to the more prevalent tote-styles. The Diaper Dude bag is ok, but there are a few items that would make it better for my needs.

Published on July 14, 2007 by Ed

3.0 out of 5 stars If only it were larger, July 14, 2007
Ed (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

My biggest wish is that the main compartment were larger. It's fairly small and when we put in all the things we'd like to carry, the bag gets stuffed and becomes somewhat misshapen to the point where it lays awkward on my hip and back. I tend to carry portable wipes, 4-5 diapers, 1-2 change of clothes, a hat, a blanket, a sippy cup, a snack trap, a couple of toys, my cell phone and keys. Because I can't find a place for everything, the main inside compartment is a mishmash of unorganized items.

The cell phone holder does a fine job holding my LG flip phone. A bigger phone however wouldn't fit, but $15 for a Timbuk2 cell phone case would solve that. Also, the elasticized bottle pocket is pretty snug so getting a bottle in and out is kinda tough. On the other hand, the bottle doesn't fall out accidentally.

Additionally, the dirty diaper pocket in the large compartment should probably have a zipper to keep the smell out of the other items in the bag and avoid cross contamination. The hooks for keys and pacifiers would probably only hold keys. The pacifiers being sold these days aren't on a ring and are much too big to be hooked onto the bag. The included changing pad is padded nicely though.

Overall, it's a decent bag, especially at Amazon.com prices. Someone in our play group has complimented me twice on the bag so I may just give it away to them or keep it as a backup bag. I recently ordered a DadGear messenger diaper bag for nearly the same price and am hoping that it holds all my items better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, convenient, mid-sized bag, August 20, 2007
James Huff (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Diaper Dude Diaper Bag, Camouflage (Health and Beauty)

Original Review (Aug-2007):

This bag is very comfortable to wear, and the size and location of the zippered pockets in the front, the snap-closure pocket on the back, and the pockets in the larger main compartment makes it easy to keep things organized and easy to find. We've only been using the bag for a few weeks, so I can't speak to its durability, but the construction appears solid, and the zippers work easily.

The only negatives are the smallish mobile phone holder (won't hold anything much bigger than a standard flip phone), and the fact that the interior is lined in black, which makes it harder to see items in the bag. (Many baby bag manufacturers have moved to a light-colored interior lining for this reason. It makes it much easier to see what's in the bottom of your bag.) These are relatively minor issues, though, and overall the bag is very well designed and convenient to use. It's very helpful that everything is accessible without having to take the bag off or set it down (unlike a backpack-style diaper bag, for example).

This bag is definitely on the small side for a diaper bag, though. We have two kids, 1 and 4 years old, and this bag is good for a trip to the park for a couple of hours or something like that, but too small for our family to use to take the kids to grandpa's house for a whole day. If you want a bag that's small and comfortable to wear for shorter trips, though, this is a good choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag...Both looks and function, March 16, 2007
Justin (Washington State) - See all my reviews
I already had a backpack style diaper bag which I liked ok...but it got to be a pain if I needed to grab something out of it. I had looked at the diaper dude bags before but didn't want to spend the extra cash. I ended up breaking down and buying one and haven't regretted it a bit. This bag has lots of room with several outer pockets to place frequently used items. If I need to get anything out of the bag I don't have to take it off to see what I'm doing, which I had to do with my backpack style bag. Plus the looks can't be beat....a variety of patterns in a handy messenger style bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Diaper Bag!, September 19, 2011
Stacey (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This is a great bag and it's size is deceptive (in a good way). I had a couple other diaper bags and I finally found the right one. One was way too large... I ended up donating that one to my mom so she'd have a diaper bag for when she's babysitting. Another was just a big abyss with no pockets at all.

This one is perfect. I put three nine-ounce bottles, a three serving formula dispenser, baby food and a spoon, two burp cloths and two bibs, a few small toys, the included changing pad and my wallet in the main compartment. I put five size four diapers and a small tube of rash cream in one of the front pockets, a wipes case in the center front pocket (it's the widest) and more of my stuff in the other front pocket (cell phone, chapstick, hair ties, etc). I keep an extra outfit and, now that it's cooling off, a receiving blanket for my son in the back pocket (there are two pockets in the back of the bag, on the outside).

The cell phone holder is essentially useless you have a small flip phone or bar phone... and even that might be cutting it. But, it's easy to remove since it's just held on with velcro.

There is a bottle pocket, but I haven't used it yet.

I really like the attached stroller clips. The too-large diaper bag that I had came with clips, but they weren't attached to the bag (you had to either leave them on the stroller and hope they didn't get lost or keep them in the bag) and they were thin rubber (which ripped through after three uses). I really like how these are attached to the bag... nothing to lose or store.

The fabric of the bag is really heavy canvas and the zippers are heavy duty. They're not the cutesy (and flimsy) zippers that most bags have.

I think my favorite part is the messenger style of the bag. I hate going into public bathrooms, only to find that there is nowhere to put the diaper bag. The hooks on the changing stations all seem to be long gone and only a few select stores/restaurants have thought to install a shelf or a hook on the wall. So you end up having to put your diaper bag on the floor. Ew. This bag can stay attached to the parent while you're changing diapers.

So, to sum it all up. Great bag, lots of space. I can't imagine needing to take anything else for one child. I think I over-pack and there is still have plenty of space. The only negative I can come up with is the tiny cell phone holder and that's not enough for me to drop a star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge Bag!, October 5, 2010
This bag is huge and carries everything for a baby. Here's my list:

In the 3 small pockets in front - 3 bibs, 5 small washcloths, 5 of those just-add-water napkins, my phone, a pen and car keys.

In the bag - 5 diapers, 2 musical toys, a whole package of wipes, nursing wrap, my wallet, a blanket, changing pad it came with and a full bottle of hand sanitizer (not the little travel size) and 2 spare onesies.

There is another pouch inside where I keep ointment and nursing pads.
In the back of the bag, there's a pouch area where I keep a plastic bag and some ziploc bags to put dirty diapers in if there's no trash around.
The strap even has a pocket where you're supposed to keep your cell phone. That's the ONLY complaint I have about this product; it's a very narrow pocket and a phone the size of an iPhone will not fit there. It would be a very convenient place for the phone too. So I keep lip balm in there instead.

My husband and I take this everywhere we go and if I'm carrying it, it acts as my purse also. We're both very happy with this product and the dragon image is just too cute!

5.0 out of 5 stars husband loves it, and it fits a ton of stuff, May 6, 2009
Besides the 3 pockets up front, inside the big pocket, there is an insluated attachment for bottles and ice packs. It can even fit 2 bottles in the attachment. Behind, there is another big pocket (where we keep the changing pad that it comes with) and a small pockets for little extra whatevers. There is also a pocket on the side for my water bottle. I love the clips for my keys and pacifier, there are 2 clips! I also love the cell phone pouch. The big pocket is big enough for receiving blankets, clothes, toys, etc. It was always full when she was a newborn and now I have extra space as she gets bigger, so I could use this for 2 kids someday if needed. We have been using this bag for 10 months and I have washed it a few times, very durable! My husband loves it and doesn't mind carrying it around.

4.0 out of 5 stars love it but, March 24, 2007
This review is from: Diaper Dude Diaper Bag, Camouflage (Health and Beauty)
We bought our bag early last year we have used now for 8 months. I get alot of positive feeddback on our bag. I love it, we both are big hunters and the camo it awesome and I love the pockets and the fit. The only thing is the seams are starting to rip near the zipper on the stress points. So it is kind of a bummer I need to buy a new bag soon and I really didn't want to I wanted a bag that would last. But I really like the product and if they would just make the seams stronger I would buy the product again....

5.0 out of 5 stars Twin Mom LOVES this bag!, April 28, 2009
I have never reviewed a product before but I have been so happy with this bag I had to share! I have twins that I have to keep up with so I needed a bag that would allow for easy access, easy carry, and easy storage. This bag has exceeded all expectations. The bag doesn't get in the way when you carry it and it is big enough to get plenty of diapers, wipes, 2 cups, snacks, small toys, and other items needed for a trip out with 2 toddlers. I love how the compartments are set up so I can easily find what I need before the next meltdown! I have carried many bags over the last year and a half and I wish this was the first bag I bought! Even though I have girls, I am happy to carry this bag instead of the cuter girly bags I had before. My husband is now not ashamed to carry the diaper bag!

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, light weight, and functional, May 1, 2007
After four kids, I finally found one I can carry around! This bag is very functional; not a lot of pockets but just enough for three bottles on the outside and "spare" stuffs for the inside. ... Oh, yes, this is a Dad :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for moms too!, July 17, 2008
sslgb4 (Massachusetts, USA) - See all my reviews
My husband got this bag as a gift at the baby shower. I had already picked out a bag for myself and used it for the first 6 months. On a whim, I pulled out this bag (he hadn't used it yet cause we were almost always together when we went out with our son) and I fell in LOVE with it. It is actually more compact than the Graco one I had but it seems to have so much more room. I think it's more intelligently designed with all the outer pockets and sturdy zipper for the main compartment. I feel like I can get more in it without it bulging all over the place. Also, because it's a better shape it fits much more easily into the stroller storage basket (Graco stroller). Overall, I've been very pleased and impressed.

ARRAY(0x9c629a50)