Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 13, 2010
For years, every time I sent wine somewhere in my luggage I would just throw it in some bubble wrap and forget about it. This method worked for me for years without incident, until a trip back to Michigan last Christmas. Let me tell you, all it takes is one broken bottle of red wine in your suitcase to make you instantly super paranoid about transporting anything that had the potential to destroy all your clothes. I didn't bother with those wine protectors in SkyMall, since they didn't really appear to be any more protective than the bubble wrap I always used. Anyway, I stumbled across these "Wine diapers" several months ago and they actually work really well. Of course, in my paranoia, I decided to give it a test run in the form of a cheap bottle of wine and a hammer...no leaks! Been using them for my wine without incident ever since (and the great thing is that they are totally reusable). So if you want some peace of mind and you prefer your luggage safe, I hugely recommend these.
55 comments|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2011
These bags REALLY work---While unpacking the car, my husband DROPPED one on the concrete garage floor and the wine bottle inside did not break! Amazing. I highly recomment these for travel.
on July 21, 2012
I bought these wine diapers before a trip to the Park City Utah wine and food festival. They seem to work very well in padding your wine with an absorbent back up in case it does break (Baggage handlers being who they are). The only problem I have had is that whenever I have a bottle in my checked luggage, TSA goes through the bag. I don't normally have an issue with this, however, they never re-seal the zip lock on the bag. This would render the absorbent property useless if the wine bottle was to break. I plan to start leaving a sticky note on it asking them to re-seal. Will see what happens
on May 22, 2012
I bought 3 packs of these for a recent trip to Europe. I used them to bring home 5 bottles of wine, 4 jars of honey, various jars of jam and mustard, and 2 glass ornaments. At present, I can only review them for the protection they provide - they worked so well that nothing broke!

The bags are extremely light, thankfully, or I would not have gotten my suitcase under the weight limit. They fit a bottle of wine very nicely. They also accommodate a wider champagne bottle without any problems. The absorbent lining is nice and thick, providing plenty of protection from impact. The zipper closure is substantial and I think it would completely contain a spill, although I can't speak from experience. The plastic is relatively durable, but it's still plastic and shouldn't be handled carelessly. I tore one bag when it got caught in the zipper of my suitcase (I still used it to pad my ornaments, but it is now useless for protection against a liquid spill).

These bags passed a serious test on the flight home from Paris to Houston. I was impressed that nothing broke! First, I had almost no extra padding in my suitcase. The suitcase was so full after packing all of my glass that I was only able to fit a down vest on top of everything for extra padding. Other than that, my breakables relied entirely on the padding provided by the absorbent lining of the wine diapers. Second, I had to check my bag, so I had no control over its handling. As if that wasn't enough, the flight was the most turbulent I have ever been on! I'm a frequent flier, so that's saying a lot - I got plenty of airtime in my seat and I'm sure my bag had an even wilder ride. I was certain that something would be broken when I opened my suitcase, but at least I didn't have to worry about my suitcase or vest being soaked in wine. However, despite the rough journey, everything arrived in Texas undamaged! I couldn't be happier! I can't wait to use these on my next trip!
on September 18, 2010
Before I left for Italy, my daughter informed me about a product to bring my wine home safely and securely in my suitcase. Prior to this, we used clothing of all sorts to wrap bottles in our suitcases.The product was Wine Diaper. After exchanging emails with Marco (from the company), I thought I should give it a try. Needless to say, my bottles of wine and grappa made it through Italy and all the way home without a problem. I very extremely concerned about my grappa because I purchased it directly from Poli in Bassano del Grappa. I wanted nothing to happen to this baby! I completely endorse the wine diaper, and if you value your wine AND grappa, treat them properly.
on August 22, 2011
I looked at the padded versions of the same thing (like the ones in Skymiles magazine) and that's what got me started. But the reality is what drove to this purchase.
1. A bottle of wine is pretty robust in the first place.
2. You're traveling so you will always have clothes to help cusion the outside as well. That is extra bubbles in the padding isn't that helpful, but you should have something to protect against the worst case trauma.
3. A bottle of wine is pretty heavy, thus you are not going to be putting more than 3 or 4 in a suitcase with clothes anyway. Additional money for an overweight luggage is not worth it.

So, it is the diaper inside a sealed bag that makes this product worthwhile. Absorption of liquid if it does somehow break.
on September 17, 2011
We bought these to transport some spirits back from Europe. They are thick plastic lined with an absorbent layer of diaper like material that pads and protects the bottle and soaks up spills in case of breakage. They worked great for both wine and liquor. They even fit a 1.5 L bottle which is larger than the stated capacity. They are reusable. Good product for transporting spirits in a suitcase.
on August 20, 2013
When I knew that I wanted to bring some bottles of wine back home from a vacation in Texas a couple of years ago, I studied the Amazon reviews very carefully before deciding on this specific accessory. I have now purchased three sets of these over the last year, and as I prepare for yet another trip (which will definitely involve wine purchases), I will be looking to make another purchase. I have been extremely pleased that the bag does exactly as advertised. Although I was doubtful at first that it would do as described (especially knowing how luggage is handled), I decided to take a chance and I'm glad I did.

In three trips I have arrived at home with each of my wine bottles intact. I then decided to use one for other things I considered breakables: a bottle of my favorite fragrance which was traveling with me; a selection of cigars I was taking to a friend. At the "end of the day", nothing was damaged, which encourages me to use the bag for other purposes besides being a wine bottle diaper.

Although I am sold on the product and will definitely purchase more in the future, keep in mind that these bags will NOT last forever. Of the nine bags I currently own, two have suffered a bit of damage as the lining is starting to pull apart. The integrity as far as protectiveness is still present, but you need to keep an even more careful eye on the layer, especially when you maneuver the contents into the bag; make certain the lining is pulled upwards so that what you are packing is surrounded by it and secure.

While I wish that they were a bit lower in price, this is one of those purchases that will give you peace of mind when you travel, whether you are packing bottles of wine; breakables (especially liquids) that the TSA will not permit due to size, or just delicate items
on February 16, 2016
I'm going to preface my review by saying I have not yet tested the absorbency of these bags because my wine has never broken....BUT ISN'T THAT THE POINT? I purchased these before a trip to Napa so I could bring some of the wine home in my suitcase. I believe the proof is in the pudding. I've used these on 2 separate trips to Napa and never had a wine bottle break on me. I would definitely recommend these. I've put both regular size/shaped wine bottles and the slightly larger champagne bottles in these and it all fits.
on January 9, 2014
Bringing home a bottle of special wine, calvados, cognac, balsamic vinegar, or olive oil requires putting your treasure and your wardrobe at the mercy of the baggage handlers. We have taken the chance many times and, so far, have avoided tragedy. but this product provides an extra measure of peace of mind. Before using, the product takes up very little extra room in your luggage. When you add a bottle of wine, the extra space is still pretty small. The bag is heavy plastic and should withstand a leaking seal or cracked bottle. If the glass bottle gets crushed, probably not so much, but hopefully the absorbent material will still provide some protection. The bag uses what seems to be a fairly minimal "zipper lock" style seal which could easily burst open with a little too much pressure. The advantage is that this makes the bags reusable. The disadvantage is that this makes the bag seal less dependable. I might have preferred a single use adhesive seal. Perhaps an optional adhesive seal AND a zipper lock would be a better design to give the user an option.