5.0 out of 5 stars QUITE AN EXPERIENCE!
Published on September 24, 2007 by Jude Barrilleaux

1.0 out of 5 stars Horribly Disappointing
Published on March 17, 2012 by Donna Hill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars QUITE AN EXPERIENCE!, September 24, 2007
Jude Barrilleaux (Shreveport, Louisiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diary of a Dysfunctional Flight Attendant: The Queen of Sky Blog (Hardcover)
Wow! This book is AWESOME! For someone who never reads books, I COULD NOT STOP once I started. I got the book in the mail on a Monday and was finished by Tuesday afternoon. When you are reading this book, you feel like you are right there with her along the way. This Book will literally make you laugh and cry. Ellen Simonetti did a fantastic job telling the reader the true side of being in the airline industry. A+++ JOB!

The book came in at the perfect time. I was having my own problems, but picked this book up, and it literally did help me. It made me realize that I am not the only person on this earth with problems, and she is just an everyday person that has helped so many people by making this book. So please, do yourself a favor and buy this book. I promise you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Read!, November 10, 2006
It was very interesting getting something of an inside glimpse into the world of flight attendants. As I started getting into the book, I didn't want to put it down. I was dying to know what happened next! The blog format actually makes it an easy read. The author has a talent for injecting the right amount of humor without over doing it. I thoroughly enjoyed the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Queen of the Sky really takes off and tells all!, November 9, 2006
Glorious!!!!!!Attention all sky goddesses: This one is for you or for anyone else who wonders what the life of a sky goddess is really like. Follow the adventures of this "queen of the sky" as she begins as a blog virgin and becomes the consummate blog veteran. It will have you lol:-) Her story is an addictive pleasure:-) But what really captures the imagination remains the reality that this fantasy is based upon. It had me cheering for The Queen of the Sky and all the other underpaid, overworked sky divas out there who deserve better treatment from the airline corporations who employ them but sometimes think they own them:-o Viva La Freedom of Speech:-)Buh-bye!

1.0 out of 5 stars Horribly Disappointing, March 17, 2012
This book isn't at all what I thought it was going to be. I thought that since it was about a flight attendant that most of the action would be inside the airplane. I was hoping to hear about interactions between the flight attendant and the crazy passengers she had to deal with. I will admit that I haven't read the whole book yet mostly because I was blinded by my tears--tears from the misery I was feeling when I realized that I bought a book that to me is boring and ridiculous. So far it seems that most of the action is outside the plane--what she's doing with her time off, and so on. I read through several pages and then skimmed through some other parts and nothing caught my attention, nothing made me laugh, nothing made me feel empathy for the heroine (and, yes, I was surprised to learn that it is a novel, not a memoir). I'm just totally perplexed that I was fooled into buying this book. I'd just read a book called Flying by the Seat of my Pants by Marsha Marks which wasn't that funny to me at the time but in comparison it was wonderful! I hoped that this would be similar in that it would give me another view of a flight attendant's life and how the passengers make her days outrageously interesting. I'm shocked by all the excellent reviews. This is the first book I've ever given just one star--it would have been zero if this were possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ellen flies right into my heart, March 11, 2009
I <3 "Queen of Sky" as she's more commonly known.

I remember reading this when it was on her blog - and it's was still funny the 2nd time around. ;)

Her trips and escapades are very interesting and I couldn't put the book down after I started reading it! All in all a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun book!, November 19, 2008
I wasn't sure if I would like this book, but I really did. The main character is rather quirky and reminded me of myself at times. I read it while at the beach and my husband kept asking me what was so funny. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars inquiring minds want to know, November 1, 2007
Hi all. I really enjoyed reading this book. If you've ever wondered like I have about the life and goings on behind the scenes of flight crews, the people who do the real work minus the pilots then this is the book for you. I couldn't put it down it was so incredibly interesting. It was like reading a diary. I only wish I could have been in on the ground floor of the blog.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly "Coffee, Tea or Me". but still entertaining, November 22, 2007
I guess I expected a modern version of "Coffee, Tea or Me", so in that regard I was a bit disappointed. As a Delta million miler and platinum member, I really wanted to read about her altercation with Delta, but again there was not much there. Obviously the terms of her agreement must have placed a limit on what she could disclose. I thought the blog format was a bit tedious to read - blogs are OK when read in real time, but a year's worth is a bit much.

The good part is that the author came across as a very genuine person that you couldn't help but like, and I could identify with many of her travel experiences.

5.0 out of 5 stars The March of the Bag Draggers, November 9, 2006
This is the hilarious adventures of Queen of Sky, a stewardess who flaunts political correction in your face. This lady knows what it is to pray to the Porcelain Goddess, yet gets up off her knees and does the Bag Drag with style and grace. What else are sunshades and Visine for? Elena gets herself in situations abroad that are lessons of what not to do ~~again!

She is a definite great read and we look forward to the next installment of Queen of Sky, Goddess of the Beverage Cart!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dysfunctional Goddess, November 9, 2006
"Diary of a Dysfunctional Flight Attendant: The Queen of Sky Blog" is a funny and insightful look into the "glamourous" world of flight attendants. Being a flight attendant myself I lived each moment with Queen of Sky and envied her ability to make the worst situations funny. Even for those outside the industry I recommend the Queen of Sky Blog as a witty and entertaining read!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Diary of a Dysfunctional Flight Attendant: The Queen of Sky Blog
Diary of a Dysfunctional Flight Attendant: The Queen of Sky Blog by Ellen Simonetti (Hardcover - September 25, 2006)
Used & New from: $0.01