Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 2, 2006
Do not waste your time or money on this book. There is nothing in this book most people do not already know about prostitution or a brothel.

The book contains many spelling and grammar errors. Simply typing the manuscript in MS Word would have caught these glaring mistakes.

The book is in a diary form by date of a prostitute's eight months spent in a brothel. Most of the entries are mundane and fail to tell the reader what we would really want to know about life in a brothel.

Examples include: "January 9, 2004. Woke up and got breakfast. Took a shower and got ready for the day." That was no different than what you or I might do on a typical day.

From Februay 9, 2004: "One of my earrings broke. I had a matching bracelet that broke in another session." How revealing that was! I can't wait until we find out when she breaks a nail.

From April 23, 2004: "I got up, had breakfast, and showered. It was about nine thirty am."

I could go on but I think you get the picture. What I would like to have read was stories about customers and life in a brothel that no one but an insider would know about.

The author seems to be an intelligent person, but she complains on page 100 about a ring, given to her by a customer, turns her finger green. She surmises the ring must be gold plated and not 18 "karate" gold as the customer told her. Anyone familiar with jewelry knows that a gold plated ring will turn turn your finger green. Only genuine gold will do that as it reacts with the acid in one's system. She said she threw the ring away. This makes me question how intelligent she really is. Plus, the ring is 18 "karat" gold, not 18 "karate" gold. This is a perfect example of the lack of proofreading that was not performed for this book.

I was greatly disappointed in the book and I imagine most anyone else will be also. There is nothing of substance in the book, just one mundane entry after another.
on June 19, 2005
Somehow I got rooked into buying this terrible book while subject-hopping on Amazon about prostitutes. A quick Google search reveals that this is a vanity press rip-off.

A win-win situation for the publisher, absolutely, since they cannot lose money on such a venture. But it's a lose-lose situation for the buyer.

Like me, for instance. I guess I can't feel too bad. I told a friend what happened, who quickly replied he's gotten ripped off three times now by very poorly written vanity-press books.

Yes, right here on good old Amazon.

This, ummm..."book" is nothing but a series of rather boring and repetitive diary entries about a prostitute who goes to a Nevada brothel.

Cliff Notes Style Example:

"Bell rang, I did the trick, I felt dirty/annoyed/and or turned on. Cashier was not friendly when I asked for my money. Next bell rang. I felt dirty/turned on/annoyed for various unexplained reasons. Cashier was still not friendly about turning over my money.

The next day I did it allllll over again."

Repeat.

Repeat.

You think I'm over-exaggerating on the content, don't you? Well, guess what; I'm not. Other than a few extra dirty words, that's pretty much the extent of it.

Bottom line: thank God for REAL Publishers.

And SHAME on you Amazon. I had no idea you accepted vanity press submissions. Silly me, I thought you carried actual *books*.

My bad.
VINE VOICEon April 20, 2012
This memoir isn't very interesting, but then again the work Michelle is performing isn't very interesting either. This is like a short-hand version of her daily routine. "Got Up. Showered. Ate something. Sat by the pool all day bored. Watched television. Went to a couple of line-ups. Partied three times. Nothing special. Made my rent. Went to sleep."
The passing parade of people who are described in this memoir are totally one dimensional cardboard stand-ups. Some of them show real potential for development like the blind girl working in the brothel with her personal assistant, but that excellent opportunity to entertain the reader isn't grabbed.
This is just another addition to a long line of books by the same title or about the same subject. This one reads like it was comprised not of entries in a diary, but a daily collection of texts or tweets. It's a dull listing of the truly boring life inside a legal Nevada Brothel. The author occasionally sees interesting stories and personalities around her, but then seems to just shrug her shoulders and not ask the most obvious questions. Where did they find the missing bag containing $20,000 in cash? What happened then? What about the couple and their two school-aged kids who came to visit the inside of the world-famous brothel? What about the blind girl and her assistant?
"I don't usually plan things. Some people have a list of all the things they want to do by a certain age, and a lot of them follow it. I never really had a plan..Some people have a career plan. I never really had a career plan. How can you plan for something like a career when you don't really know what it's like until you are doing it? I like having sex with different people."
This memoir is the abbreviated Cliff-Notes confession of a pretty woman drifting aimlessly and thoughtlessly through life.
on April 11, 2016
Don't make the mistake I did and ignore the bad reviews of this book. It really is pretty tedious drivel. I wasn't looking for something salacious, but I was looking for something interesting: I did not get either.
on July 29, 2005
If you're looking for a bedtime story, don't read any further. This book tells it like it is. Working in a brothel is no fairy tale. This book is exactly what it represents itself to be-"a diary"--written first hand by a young woman who happens to like what she does for a living and has chosen to work in a legal brothel rather than as a criminal.

This is not a drama, but a documentary of several months of work. While it is not written to be erotic, it will undoubtedly be for some because of its explicit accounts. If you already know what goes on in a Nevada brothel (or you've been to one, like I suspect one of the unsatisfied reviewers here has), it may not be particularly enlightening.

On the other hand, if you are curious about what kind of person would want to go to work in a brothel and why, then will be an interesting read. You will find that Michelle is typical in every respect (happily married, mother, homeowner, etc.) except that she does not buy into the stigma of prostitution, and instead sees it for what it really is.

This timely account includes recent experiences with military men going to and from Iraq, as well as experiences with men from many other walks of life. Most of the encounters are uneventful; others are interesting, thought provoking. This book is an objective look at the business of prostitution. It can be interesting from the layman's point of view, as well as ethnographic transcript suitable for academic work.
on April 12, 2007
This is a frank and honestly written book of ones view of the sexual adult work place on the inside. The writer has taken a trip on the wild side and transformed her personal exploits in her diary to the pages of this book. The book is honestly written and shows the typical days of a legal prostitute. One who reads this will feel as if they are in fact Michelle telling her story and living the lifestyle that has its literal ups and downs.

While the diary is transformed into a book one can feel the daily rollercoaster of pleasure and turmoil. Yes, the book has many misspellings as should that is how the dairy was written without a spelling checker and the transformation of the written style is as naked as the subject on a daily basis
on February 1, 2013
great viewing. received on time, Its very relaxing, LOVE IT, relaxing, relaxing,relaxing, relaxing, relaxing, relaxing,relax , relax relaxing, relaxing excellent enjoyable,
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2012
A very intriguing topic approached in diary format. This book was definitely informative to anybody that's interested in the secret/taboo life of a Nevada "working-girl".
on August 17, 2015
Item as described, and delivered in a timely manner.
on January 9, 2006
any female who can admit to sleeping with 2 or 3 men without a shower or brushing her teeth has a real personal problem in my opinion. she also states that she leaves her husband every so often to travel to Nevada to work.....nice man that husband, I wonder, does she also have intimacy with him without showering and brushing her teeth?

Needless to say, I was left with no repect for this woman, and regardless of her choice of profession, she obviously doesn't respect herself.