Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on December 3, 2009
My 8 year old son hated to read, no matter how much we worked with him he just wasn't interested. These Whimpy kid books has been the miracle we've been looking for. My son loves reading them and has such a strong interest. He reads so fast now so that he can get the next one of the series. He's on book #2 and almost finished and it's only been 3 weeks since I bought them. He'll have them all read before Christmas (which was suppose to be his Christmas presents, but we've had to give them to him early) and he loves reading at night in his room with his flash light. My son is very excited that #4 just came out that he rushed home to tell us. He doesn't know that we already have it waiting for him.
I hope the author writes more of these fantastic books for children!
on November 20, 2010
It was hard to find a good book for my 8yr old son to read and stick with it until his friend let him read the book and he fell in love with it. I ended up buying the set and he read all of them in less then a week! One morning he woke up extra early before school and started reading! Now that's a good book! I was amazed on how much he really liked them. Some may say they are not recommeneded for younger children because the main charecter lies, is a brat, and little things like that, but my son and I do like to talk about what happens in the books and he does understand right from wrong and how to treat people. So to me I personally think it's great book to teach life lessons on.
on December 14, 2014
The books are great, or at least the first one is great and the others are pretty good.
But I am mostly writing to ask why I would pay $36 for a box set of 4 if I can buy the 4 individual books for under $32? Pay $4 extra just for the box?
on October 9, 2010
I am a hardcore eBayer and i believe i can find everything cheaper than usual in eBay but this product proved me wrong.
it comes with excellent packaging and hardcover a complete 4 book of the series which i was dying to read. I would definitely
suggest this product to everyone who might have interested in it or looking for a book for their children or even themselves to read.
The story telling is perfect full of pictures with entertaining events.
on October 4, 2010
I bought these books for my 13 yr old son hoping they would change him. He is not a person who likes to read but after reading his first Diary of a wimpy kid book. Well lets just say he does not want to put the book down. I used to have to fight to get him to read and now he gets the book without having to be told. I am very happy these books came out.
on January 26, 2011
I was a very avid reader by the time I was 9 and I tried tirelessly to get my 9 year to pick up a book to no avail, for him reading was a punishment. Then I got him "Diary of a wimpy kid" series for X-mas, he finished all four books in less than a month! Now in January I got him the last one for his birthday and three other books, and we have to tell him again and again to put the books down and do his stuff. Thank you Mr. Kinney, you made my son love books!
on July 27, 2015
I'm a grandmother who has given these to all my grandchildren. My 11 year old grandson calls me and reads pages to me often. We laugh and laugh. The author is wonderful and I'll always be grateful for all the fun I've had listening to these stories.
on November 1, 2010
My 9yr old son absolutely LOVES these books no matter how often he reads them he still finds them interesting.We just ordered him the new one coming out for his birthday.And he just bought the do-it-yourself one & loves it he's having a lot of fun with it.Would recommend it to everyone for a good bday or christmas present.
on July 19, 2011
After reading a chapter of the first book, I think its great for 3th or 4th graders to read but no younger than that because of the context of words used. I had stopped my kid (1st grader) from reading them till later. Still a good sets of books for more matured kids to read and have. Thanks!
on July 12, 2016
My 9 year old loves these books. They are well written and very entertaining. These books are perfect for 4th and 5th graders but if your 3rd grader can read well then it will be perfect for him/her too.