4.0 out of 5 stars Gets family laughing and talking
Published on November 21, 2010 by Cherise Kachelmuss

2.0 out of 5 stars Funny, but......
Published on September 17, 2010 by Wheatgrass newbie

2.0 out of 5 stars Funny, but......, September 17, 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Cheese Touch Game (Toy)
We bought this game for our family of 4. It claims to be 3 or more players, but it has to be played with at least 4 people, and even that doesn't seem like enough people. It requires the players to write their answers on paper, and then guess who wrote them. In our family, it is OBVIOUS who wrote what, so it took some of the fun out of guessing. You have to act out some "LY" words too, which were EXTREMELY hard for not only the kiddos, but for us parents too. (Words like "painfully", "cowardly", carelessly"...) The concept of the game is fun, but actually playing it is difficult. You have to keep the directions close by so you can reference what to do for each card. Still is a bit confusing even with the directions being read at every turn. We have loved the books and the movie, so this game really caught our attention. If I could have peeked inside the box before I purchased it, I could have saved myself some money by not buying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets family laughing and talking, November 21, 2010
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Cheese Touch Game (Toy)
Now we have seen the movie Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but haven't read the books. I don't think it matters if you have done either as the game is still fun and classic board game style. You have to guess whose answers are whose and he questions really get your group laughing and talking. I will say I wasn't able to fully play this game yet because my boys are too young (recommended 8 and up) and it really would be more fun with 4 or more players. You do have to write down your answers which can then be obvious who wrote them by the style of writing, which I wasn't a big fan of. There are also four different types of cards to choose from and it takes awhile to get used to what you need to do for each card. This would be a great family game though and especially perfect for any Diary of a Wimpy Kid fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fun for the fam. Dont touch the cheeeeeesssee!, September 17, 2010
TechieGirl (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Cheese Touch Game (Toy)
Just bought the game and played it for the first time with the family. The players' ages were 9, 11, 13, 33, and 38. We had a lot of fun. Highly recommend this game for family to play together and for older kids to play by themselves. Not good for younger kids to play on their own though. Some of the rules are hard to remember at first but then you get used to it. Need blank pieces of paper for each player to write down answers though.

Worth the money!

3.0 out of 5 stars would be more fun playing with adults than children, January 17, 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Cheese Touch Game (Toy)
I played this game with my sister who is 21 and my two children ages 7&8. My sister and I enjoyed the game much more than the little ones, because some of the actions are too hard to understand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun family game, March 4, 2012
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Cheese Touch Game (Toy)
The Cheese Touch Game is a fun game for the whole family. It's designed for three to six players who are old enough to read and write.

Players move their pieces around a small game board. Every space requires players to pull a card. Some cards require them to pass them without being read to another player for a game of charades. Others are question cards posed to other players in a variety of ways.

We played this game with our eight and ten year-old kids and it opened a lot of avenues for discussion. For instance, I had a card that asked if other players have ever written a letter of complaint. I guessed my eight year-old hadn't. She surprisingly answered yes, she'd written one to a boy who hadn't been very nice to her. I learned some surprising facts about my kids this way.

The only problem with the game is the rules are not entirely intuitive. In order to play properly, one must have the instructions handy. Otherwise, it is not clear how many spaces one may move or what one must do with a particular set of cards.

All in all, this game doesn't take very long to play and it's a lot of fun. I'd recommend it to families with school age children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fun my 7 year old loved it & So did adults!!, April 27, 2013
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Cheese Touch Game (Toy)
This game was and is still SO much fun!!! I'm not sure why people said it was confusing and hard for there child to understand. My 7 year old found it simple and so hilarious!!! It does take a little explaining to do though, also you need paper and pencils, but other than that was a great!! I don't regret buying it at all especially if your child loves DOAWK:)

4.0 out of 5 stars fun for the kids, December 30, 2011
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Cheese Touch Game (Toy)
Fun game for kids. I do think the more people you have play the more fun it would be.

Other reviewers talked about the problem with people knowing each others handwriting. However, the "guesser" never sees the handwriting. The directions state to have another person read all the answers to the guesser so that it doesn't give away who wrote what. Overall, a fun, fast game with the kids!

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to play, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Cheese Touch Game (Toy)
My son loves the book, but the game just isn't fun. The rules are complicated and tough to follow without constantly referring to them and the "do it like this" cards are impossible. Ever try to act out "jokingly"?

You need a lot of slips of paper, so that also interrupts game play. The board is really small and it's made to look dirty, which doesn't exactly give a great impression. Turns are slow and the rules on moving around the board are vague. It's possible to end up winning the game while everyone else just sits around.

It's also kind of a drawback that you have to play with at least three people, and with three it's really too easy. Four or five is what you really need, and even then, it would still have the same issues.

3.0 out of 5 stars So So, May 14, 2014
Mieghan Damron "Mieghan Damron" (Mt.Vernon, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Cheese Touch Game (Toy)
The shipping was super fast, no issues there. The game was just very disappointing. The kids lost interest very quickly and it never gained mine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kid games, December 28, 2013
This review is from: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Cheese Touch Game (Toy)
Kids need to have games where ther interact with more than a computer and this is good for the 5-10 age range

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Cheese Touch Game