Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Movember Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Shop Now HTL

Format: PaperbackChange

on January 16, 2011
I initially thought, "What would Mark Anthony know about a young girl's diary?" Well, he definitely knew a lot! This book was disturbing, touching, and very engaging. I am glad I decided to buy it regardless of my doubts. I thought this author was a good storyteller, and now I know he is an awesome storyteller. This book is realistic and seems to be told by an actual young lady. I guarantee, you will love this book!
on February 8, 2011
In the Diary of a young girl by Mark Anthony, readers are introduced to Shayla Coleman, a young girl looking for love and understanding in all the wrong places. Shayla has lost her mother, has a father that pays her no attention, and begins thinking her body is a ticket to everything. Things are not always as they seem.

Shayla is caught in an unfavorable position that gets her shipped to her aunt's home to live. After the move, Shayla's experiences take a turn in which becomes more than she bargain for. Shayla will soon learn to be careful of whom she trusts and to always watch her back.

Diary of a young girl is the story of a young girl dealing with issues within her family along with trying to find her place in the world. The author provides readers with a raw look at the affects of abuse and neglect. Diary of a young girl is a book of entertainment and drama. I recommend this book to young adult females.

Teresa Beasley
2K11 Participant
on December 21, 2010
I actually found this book at Walmart for like $6, I had seen it initially on Amazon and contemplated buying it but never did, I was so loving this book, it was so good. I think that it really teaches you about forgiveness and the power of your own strength. It a good book from beginning to end, I couldn't put it down. I would recommend this book to anyone that just really wants a good read.
on May 12, 2011
This book took me a minute to read, but I finished it. And my thoughts of Diary of A Young Girl... It's sad, when you have noone to turn to, not even your father. My heart went out to Shayla, who lost her mother at an early age. Her father, who just passed her to nanny's and relatives, had no time for Shayla. And for him to ask her for her money, how dare he.. He has not been in this child's life, but wanted her to hand over 125,000 dollars to him.. Even at the end of the book, when Shayla was about to leave for College, he still wasnt man enough to tell his daughter that he loved her. So I have nothing good to say about the father. (AT ALL), I understand that you must forgive so you dont let people have power over you, But that Nanny, Her Half Cousin Earl, The men who Raped her, even her so called friends, should have been dealt with, Shayla didnt deserve, what she been giving in life. But thank goodness Kwame and Andrea had her back, and stuck by Shayla.. So young girls, what you do at an early age will catch up with you in your later years. Be safe when it comes to sex and the people you hang with.. Just My Thoughts.
on August 10, 2010
At least for the young, Shayla Coleman who father is a playboy and mother died in a car accident when she was young. Shayla was raised by her nanny, Joyce that sexually abused her at the age of 9! Shayla went looking for love in all the wrong places throughout her teenage years. Her promiscuous actions caused her heartache, and led to physical and sexual abuse.

This book is definitely an eye opener about abuse and neglect, and how a child can be led down the WRONG path without the support of parents. It's realistic and characters are well developed. Mr. Anthony is an EXCELLENT storyteller! I had mixed emotions about Shayla throughout the book. One minute, I was her biggest fan, and the next, I was her foe.

I would highly recommend the read! I enjoyed it!
Overall rating: 5.0 (*****)Stars.
VINE VOICEon August 5, 2010
I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed this book.From reading the first sentence in this book I was instantly intrigued.Shayla was a wild girl and experienced some crazy things throughout her life,Im glad she finally made peace with herself and learned to forgive the people who had wronged her.The ending wrapped up nicely yet I would have like to have known what became of the real rapist and what "new" DNA evidence came about that finally proved that Antonio Reid was innocent.Those details should have been elaborated on.This was a powerful story about forgiveness and most of all, loving yourself first!
VINE VOICEon August 13, 2010
I am in awe of this story. It was simply amazing.The plot, flow, twists, dialogue, everything.I felt like the story was just "real". It was good to me because it didn't go the way i thought it would go. The book just took me there and back. The end of the book which showed about forgiveness and letting go was just killer powerful. I highly recommend as a read for girls 17 and up who want to learn about love, life, and forgiveness, And also not letting your past affect the rest of your life....Simply positive and enriching. Great job Mr. Anthony...I will be waiting on the next one.
on June 18, 2011
I loved this book, there were points that almost everyone can relate to. the book wraps you up to the point they make you so mad that you start yelling at them. lol. After reading this book I realized that the same things going on in this book could be happening to young girls in my family so I gave the book to my sister and demanded that she read it. This book teaches you when you think your at your lowest point there is hope and someone who sees the potential in your life.
on November 4, 2013
Great book teaches u alot about the world and see how others think both sexes shows her grow up in time beautiful book
on August 13, 2013
I really enjoyed this book.I think some of our young ladies need to read this book. The ones thats trying to run wild and think they know everything this one is for you. This was a quick read and a good read. So yes I do think you should read this book.