5.0 out of 5 stars Great underwater picture taking alternative
Published on February 24, 2009 by Amazon Deity

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not Great!
This is an OK stop-gap solution, but don't expect high quality pictures or easy use.

1. Yes, it's waterproof! Did testing before we left for our trip to Mexico. Had it snorkeling in rough waters and in calm, without any leaks or problems.

2. Can not use the controls on your camera at all. You have to set it and hope for the best.

3. Have...
Published on June 6, 2011 by Eric E

5.0 out of 5 stars Great underwater picture taking alternative, February 24, 2009
This review is from: DicaPac WP410 (10.5x16.0cm) Small Zoom Alfa Waterproof Digital Camera Case with Optical Lens (Clear) (Electronics)
What a wonderful alternative to taking underwater pictures. No need to spend a couple hundred dollars on a underwater housing case or a few hundred for an camera specifically made for underwater. Also don't settle the the cheap one time use under water cameras. These cases allow you to take beautiful clear pictures using your own digital camera. I needed a waterproof case for my Canon PowerShot SD1100IS 8MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Blue) and since I already owned a Dicapac for a another brand of camera I knew there would be no other choice for me than the DicaPac brand. This is a terrific way to protect your camera from water, sand and even snow. The optical lens sometimes interfere with the camera's zooms lens, just make sure to hold the lens from the camera's view. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Here is something I found that was helpful since the description does not list the camera's that are compatible:

DicaPac WP410 Case will fit the following brands:

Canon Powershot:
SD10/20/30/40/100/110/200/300/400/430/450/600/630/750/700IS/790IS/800IS/870IS/1000/1100/S200/230/300/400

Sony Cybershot DSC:
S40/500/600/650/700/750/780/W30/35/40/50/55/70/80/90/150/170/200/300

Kodak EasyShare:
C533/643/653/743/763/LS743
M753/763/853/873/883/893IS/1033

I have listed only a few of the camera brands this is compatible with. If you want to see if your camera is compatible, visit the company's website which I found very helpful. Amazon's price can not be beat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with the choice, November 1, 2008
I bought the product for my families first-time snorkeling/kayaking/beach outing last month. It was used with a Canon SD1000. The product was durable and kept the camera dry. Clarity of the photos was good, no visible haze on the pictures from the cover (either above of below the water). There was only one concern. While the lens opening was quite large - it was still important to position the camera carefully so that the black color is not vignetting the images on one side (maybe the 1000 is smaller than some of the other cameras it can accept). After a few shots I got the hang of it. My 14 year old daughter also didn't seem to have a problem after a few shots.

Using it on the beach eliminated the worry of sand in the mechanism.

We got a lot of shots we couldn't otherwise have taken without purchasing a $279 waterproof Olympus. Lets face it - you're taking a computer under the water. Some photos were VERY nice.

I was very happy with the decision and would recommend this to anyone who has occasional needs or just doesn't want to buy a new camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great waterproof camera case, April 23, 2009
I was a little skeptical at first, based on some of the negative reviews, but figured this case was worth a try for the price. I tested it out with some clothing first, and everything came out dry. Then I tested my camera in the sink, and it worked great. I took this case with me to Panama and used it while snorkeling, kayaking, and white water rafting, and the pictures came out great. If you keep your display on, then you can see if your pictures will have the black ring around them and you can reposition the camera accordingly. I am very happy with this case, because without it, I couldn't capture the experiences of my trip. I advise you to hold the case upside down, as if the camera is going to drop out (when you open it), or else your camera will get wet. However, if you read the directions first, you won't make this mistake.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, It worked Great, December 16, 2008
T. Melendez (Trabuco Canyon, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought this last month for a trip to Belize and Guatamala. My first use was on a river cave tubing trip, so it only got wet off and on, but took great pictures. I was hesitant when I went snorkling at the reef off of Belize, but WOW, I was able not only to take pictures, but able to switch over to video on my camera. It's not easy with the plastic, but it can be done. You can also see the screen on your camera when you are taking pictures. We went snorkling twice and I was in the water for a few hours, great product. My camera was safe and DRY all the time, no leakage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ziplock baggie camera protector, February 24, 2009
I used this on a recent trip where I was snorkeling. It worked well but it's good to recognize reality and have the correct expectations. The lens standout is not long enough and zooming is impossible because of this. The lens has to be perfectly aligned with the standout to allow the lens to come out when you turn it on. Vignetting was visible in many shots because the lens was not perfectly lined up. Outdoors in the light it is hard to see the lcd screen so difficult to see subject matter of the picture. Another difficulty was manipulating controls through the plastic. With all that why 4 stars? Cheap liberating fun. not national geographic pics, but was well worth it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not Great!, June 6, 2011

3. Have to zoom camera beyond the lens cover so you are always zoomed in a bit. If you don't it will look like you are taking pictures through a port hole.

4. Can not see your LCD display when under water or in extremely sunny weather.

This is a good choice for a simple solution. I plan on buying a waterproof digital camera because this is not ever going to provide you a high quality solution or pictures.

We took this on our vacation to Mexico at the end of May in 2011. We have a DMC TZ1 camera that we used this pouch for. You have to setup your camera before putting in the pouch, so you need to set the dial being careful when you put it in that you don't bump it and change your settings. You can't see the LCD screen and also moister will get in to the case by just putting it in with wet hands. What this caused is the case to start to fog up in hot weather. We did get some good pictures but it is a point and click and pray approach. Since you can't see the LCD you pretty much are getting pics from luck. I will post some pictures from the camera when I get a chance. In then end, good solution, but don't expect perfection.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Small, May 14, 2011
I thought it would fit my Lumix DMC-LX5, but no. It might be good for some more compact cameras.
In addition, does the description say "Includes a Free Camera Cleaning Kit"? Mine didn't come with the cleaning kit. It's not a big deal, but if it doesn't come with the package, just don't put it there.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Bit Shorter for Canon PowerShot S95, May 5, 2012
The quality is definitly very good. But it's a little bit shorter for Canon PowerShot S95. They claim that it fits S95 very perfectly, but not. When I put my S95 into it, the camera can't open and stuck there, since the len touched the front cover. I have to make some room for the camera len and then open the camera. The good thing is that the len can be pushed to the transparent cover very tightly. The bad thing is that you can't zoom in the len any more. Maybe you don't need to take a long shot when you use any waterproof since sights are always bad under water, unless you are in a very very clear water. So it currently works for me. But I'd like to try other products next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goes Deeper than Advertised, November 11, 2010
Much better than advertised. Took it 60ft deep in Hawaii while scuba diving and had no leaks. I used a Canon 5mp camera. The looseness of the camera in the bag goes away as the air compresses at depth so it works perfect. I highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars DICAPAC WORKS!!!!!, August 7, 2008
I wanted a Nice underwater Camera Case for my Canon SD750 camera to use when I go to Hawaii, but didn't want to shell out $200 for the Case by Canon. SO I opted to give the DicaPac a go.. Let me tell you I reaad alot of online reviews and I was confident it would work.. Well Lets just say it worked, and worked great. My friend laughed at me and thought I was Crazy to be putting My trust in a $30 "Plastic bag" as she put it.. especially with my nice camera.. But after it worked Flawlessly and I got over a 100 pivtures andf video of her Daughter in the Pool testing it out, she was now a Believer. She will definately be getting one now. as the the reviewer said he coudn't see the lens.. I'm not sure if he only has a viewfinder, but on my camera it has a large LCD display only and I could see every Picture and video being taken through the clear case. Very nice!!! Will tell all my friends going to Hawaii to save their money on the expensive manufacturers' cases and get this one instead..

Rate and Discover Movies